• Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Gallery:View

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:52 PM

1.What is this?
Posted Image

2.What is this?
Posted Image

3. Are they the same thing?

Rabbit,you need not post,as youve made your opinion known on MSn,and it isnt wanted here.

#2 Rabbit

Rabbit

Dream like you live forever, Live like you die tomorrow!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:53 PM

no there not, cause of one thing.

There not the same length or width.

So you add in the little bit of me after I already posted.

This whole thing is about the diffrence between the Nazi symbol

Posted Image

and HK's sig
Posted Image

Edited by Rabbit, 04 July 2008 - 12:12 AM.

#3 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:15 AM

Damn nazis lol. Even if u say its not the nazi symbol why use it when it looks just like one?

#4 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:28 AM

The 45th Infantry used it as their logo before the Nazi's stole it and they went to the thunderbird. Just saying. No comment on the Nazi sig. :P

#5 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:49 AM

View PostDeadly, on Jul 4 2008, 01:15 AM, said:

Damn nazis lol. Even if u say its not the nazi symbol why use it when it looks just like one?
I know right.

It seems like HK likes controversy. His sig always has some kind of questionable thing in it. I personally dont like it but theres nothing we can do about it... I just hope for his sake he doesnt get jumped one of these days.

#6 H K

H K

Code X Join Date: Jul 7, 2004

• Code-X Legend
  • 9,209 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:15 AM

View PostDeadly, on Jul 4 2008, 02:15 AM, said:

I use it because it doesnt look just like it. What I use only looks just like it if a square looks just like a diamond,which it does not. What I'm using has its own history behind it,as does the Nazi swastika.

#7 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:23 AM

OH MY... but he can do what he wants.

#8 Lenin

Lenin

There is no democracy in physics.

• Code-X Member
  • 625 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:16 AM

A rotated square of 45 degrees is exactly the same as a regular square. A diamond is simply a term, loosely used here (as I would say that it is not a diamond), for a type of rhombus, which is a shape with both pair of opposite sides being parallel. Therefore, all squares are rhombi. But the shape that is rotated is not really any more of a diamond, its just a square, again, because it has four 90 degree angles, all sides are the same, so regardless of rotation, as long as it has that, it will always just be a square. When trying to cheaply justify something like using a Nazi symbol, and try to act smart about it, at least get the facts right, because it IS a square, and they are the same shape, other than the fact that one is rotated. However all squares are a scale factor of another, thus making them, in principle, the same shape.

Remember kids, don't **** with the master.

Edited by Travis J, 04 July 2008 - 08:29 AM.

#9 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:43 AM

They are the same, Diamond is not a correct term and since that is not a kite it is a square.

And on HK's sig the Swastica was stolen by hitler because it repersents power. Because of hitler the swastica is now labeled a nazi symbol so i dont see a problem with it if hes meaning power and not nazis

Edited by Alan93, 04 July 2008 - 08:44 AM.

#10 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:52 AM

I don't care if it's not the direct symbol, it really is close enough to be offended. HK, you said you wanted to make your sig the Nazi symbol. Even as the Egyption symbol of power as you have it, it's still a bit anti Jewish, since they enslaved Jewish people. The Nazi symbol would be even worse. Being half Jewish, I am offended.

#11 H K

H K

• Code-X Legend
  • 9,209 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:08 AM

View PostAlan93, on Jul 4 2008, 09:43 AM, said:

They are the same, Diamond is not a correct term and since that is not a kite it is a square.

And on HK's sig the Swastica was stolen by hitler because it repersents power. Because of hitler the swastica is now labeled a nazi symbol so i dont see a problem with it if hes meaning power and not nazis

Thank you for getting it. Yes,I did originally plan on using the Nazi version,but,I liked this one better once I remembered it.

And Phoenix,you know where your opinion is filed already.

#12 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

Its not red yellow and black, thus does not offend me.

To be perfectly honest man, i loved your old one, this one could set off somebody. Personally it takes quite a bit to offend me, but if eveyone was like me, we'd all be asleep...

#13 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:38 PM

Controversy, I like it.

#14 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:33 AM

View Postphoenixsplash630, on Jul 4 2008, 09:52 AM, said:

it's still a bit anti Jewish, since they enslaved Jewish people.

Ok, so by that sort of logic, if I say where black, I could get offended if someone had an American flag in the signature or as an avatar because they used to enslave blacks and revoke them of there rights?

The Swastika was used by way more people than just the Nazi's, seriously, go to wikipedia and type in Swastika, you can see it used for thousands upon thousands of years as nothing but good before the Nazi's came along. It was used in every religion that I know of, in many countries including America as nothing but good omens, in America it was used for peace. So if you want to ban this, then I don't ever want to see someone with a flag in the signature, avatar or profile because I guarantee that all of them has had slaves at one point.

I'm going to be honest, when I first saw HK post this in the staff forum I was against it, but I didn't say anything, but now that I've done very little research I don't see a problem with it. And you know what, even if it is bent sideways it not a nazi symbol, look at this postcard, from America, that was made in 1910.

Posted Image

CASE CLOSED!

#15 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:04 AM

The thing is uncommon knowledge tho. As in most people dont know the entire history behind it. Its mostly associated with Nazi's because thats the most learned/taught part of the symbol.

The US flag is entirely different because it is widely used today and majority of people associate it with freedom etc. but the Swastika is very rarely used (atleast I dont see it often) and is associated with Nazi's by most.

#16 Atheist

Atheist

Grim and Frostbitten!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:14 AM

Even though I'm with everybody else, in that it's just a symbol that has both good history and bad history, it's still ******* for HK to have it in his signature, being that he is a "Staff" member. It's mildly offensive because of how closely it resembles the nazi swastika, and HE INTENDED IT TO BE OFFENSIVE, so of COURSE it's meant to be the nazi swastika turned as over to be the egyptian symbol thing.

Unacceptable from a g-mod IMO, but whatever.

#17 Lenin

Lenin

There is no democracy in physics.

• Code-X Member
  • 625 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 07:13 AM

Decadence and JB speak words that have never been more truthful in this world. Regardless of what it was meant to mean, the symbol is widely associated with World War 2 and the Holocaust. To be honest, that symbol is something that can get you imprisoned in many countries in this day and age, and shouldn't a Global Moderator show a better example? Not to mention that this thread seems like a desperate cry for attention with the signature. I don't know if you do like controversy or not, but this is ludicrous. A lot of people will look at that and feel offended because they've had family members who were killed in wars against Nazi Germany, or as a result of the tyranny of Hitler. It doesn't matter what else it can mean, if you showed that symbol to 10000000 people, about three would probably say its the "Egyptian Symbol of Power". Very insensitive if you ask me.

#18 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

ITT: BAWWWWWWW I'M OFFENDED BY A SYMBOL THAT LOOKS VAGUELY LIKE A ANOTHER SYMBOL

#19 H K

H K

• Code-X Legend
  • 9,209 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for your input everybody.Im gonna lock this now,so it doesnt get out of hand.