So WWE realize Ryback sucks...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

This is the story of how I died...and went to heaven!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

"There are talks backstage that WWE management wants to protect Ryback during his match against John Cena. According to sources, they don’t want his limited ring skills to be exposed, so a gimmick match is being discussed. A tables match seems the likely choice, as WWE already had the two of them working that type of match on the current European tour."

So WWE know themselves that Ryback sucks and can't do regular matches without repeating the same moves... Ryback debuted in 2004 and was on the same Tough Enough as The Miz so if it's been 9 years and he still sucks, I would say he's probably not going to improve. Does it mean every Ryback match from now on will be a gimmick match because the WWE fans are too stupid to see he sucks in them?

How is Ryback even the #1 Contender anyway? His last PPV win was at Money in the Bank 2012 against Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks in a Handicap Match. And the first match in the John Cena vs. Ryback feud is beginning with a gimmick match.

#2 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

WTF where is the logic is that. They claim that Ryback has limited moves, Yet there golden boy is somebody who has limited and a limited personality.

#3 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

It's rumored Ryback was going to win the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 29. WWE must of realized just how retarded that would of been and instead had him job to Mark Henry.

Edited by Jesse Lavigne, 22 April 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#4 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

#RybackRulezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#5 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:48 AM

Pretty retarded to say you rule when you haven't won a PPV match since July. It's worse than Chris Jericho's PPV lose record last year.

#6 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

WWE logic is the best.

Cena has one of the worst years in 2012, make him Superstar of the Year.

#7 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

Ryback lost every major PPV match, rookie of the year.

I remember back in the day when they would do #1 contender matches or battle royals to decided who would face the champion. Now all you have to do is attack the champion after a lose at WrestleMania.

#8 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

Get over it.

#9 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Yup it is the best way to go with WWE.

#10 EndZone

EndZone

Insert something witty or clever here.

• Code-X Member
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

I still don't understand why Mark Henry won their encounter at WrestleMania, and yet Ryback is getting the title match.

Like, seriousy, what the hell?

#11 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

Because they originally wanted Mark Henry to face John Cena and wanted him to look strong so he looks like a "serious" threat to John Cena's WWE Championship. WWE flip flopped like they always do and decided Ryback would be challenging instead. By this time, WrestleMania had happened and there was nothing they could do about it besides have Ryback become the #1 contender by attacking John Cena and just making the match.

#12 xirtamehtsitahw

xirtamehtsitahw

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

This seems to be WWE's policy regarding Ryback: "Let's feed...them...more...bull****! Ryback's "style" (maybe five or six moves repeated, ad nauseum, from match to match) harkens back to when they tried to force Shawn Michaels to do the same thing (get beat down for the majority of the match, do a kip-up, flurry of punches, Atomic Drop, Sweet Chin Music, win). I mean, how many times has WWE done that to its big stars? It's called a "comeback gimmick". Hulk Hogan did it. The Rock did it. John Cena does it. Now, Ryback does it...but BADLY. Seems WWE is running out of ideas, sadly.

Here's a "new" idea: why not have a totally unknown guy, maybe from NXT or Tough Enough, run rough-shod over the competition, Goldberg-style...but have him be a babyface, instead of a heel? Most of the guys who get the "undefeated" push gimmick are heels nowadays.

Goldberg, when he came on the WCW scene like a human lightning bolt, was a destructive force no one had ever seen before--he'd literally start each match by spearing his opponent then immediately landing the Jackhammer and pinning them, often ending the match in less than thirty seconds! In short, Goldberg was like one of the most powerful heavyweight champion boxers who ever lived, capable of knocking out opponents in just a short flurry of punches--or one huge haymaker.

Goldberg's undefeated streak was finally broken in his 174th match, against Kevin Nash...and Nash wasn't able to defeat Goldberg without Scott Hall's help...and a well-placed cattle prod. That's right--Goldberg was actually electrocuted, and began convulsing, so Nash hurried up and pinned him for the three count. Later, Nash gave Hall a good tongue-lashing, saying, "I didn't need your help, nor did I want it!" Hall replied to the effect of "Hey, you won, didn't you? Now, you're the one who will be known to have broken Goldberg's streak."

By comparison, Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania stands at "only" 21-0. That would mean that Taker would have to win more than EIGHT TIMES more matches--in a row--in order to match what Goldberg did. WWE brought Goldberg in, and briefly did the whole "invincible" gimmick, where he remained undefeated for about 40 or 50 matches (sometimes he'd appear on both RAW and SmackDown! in a single week), but he was finally defeated. Later, he and Brock Lesnar fought each other in a somewhat boring match, where for a large portion of the match, it was just a glorified "pushing contest"--they'd circle each other, grapple in a collar-and-elbow tie-up, and one would throw the other down to the mat. Finally, Lesnar attempted the F-5, but failed, and Goldberg landed his Jackhammer for the win. Not much action, and in fact, the WWE Universe chanted "Boring! Boring! Boring!" during most of the match, but marked out when Goldberg won.

This is how I think it should have gone: a lot of back-and-forth countering and counter attempts, lots of finisher attempts as each tries to put the other away as quickly as possible (both considered each other as a huge threat), numerous submission attempts (Lesnar knew some submissions, such as the so-called Brock Lock, whereas Goldberg knew the Sharpshooter and Figure 4), and finally, Goldberg hits his spear, and attempts the Jackhammer, but it's reversed into an F-5 attempt, which is re-reversed into another Jackhammer for the win.