• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ~G-unot~

~G-unot~

R.I.P Proof

• Banned
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:38 PM

Washington, D.C. police appear to be at a standstill in their investigation of the October 22nd alleged carjacking that resulted in 29-year-old rapper Cameron "Cam'ron" Giles receiving gunshot wounds to both arms. Nearly a month has passed since the incident however police say they've been unable to reach Cam'ron by phone.

Cam'ron was shot in his royal blue $250,000 Lamborghini while visiting Washington, D.C., to promote the forthcoming release of Juelz Santana's second album, What the Game's Been Missing, during Howard University's homecoming weekend. According to a report by the Washington Post a half-dozen people witnessed the attack, including Cam'ron and several members of his entourage, who were following him in a bubblegum-pink Range Rover. Still, police are having trouble getting witnesses to talk.

"Cam isn't going to do it. It's not in our nature. He isn't going to stand up and point out a guy in a witness line and say, 'That is the dude who shot me.' We all came from the street," Juelz Santana was quoted saying in the Washington Post.

Since Cam received five years probation after pleading guilty to weapons charges in New York, February 2002, he could find himself in legal trouble for not cooperating with the investigation. Police officials have stated that he may be subpoenaed to appear before a grand jury about this case.

"We need the cooperation of witnesses and victims," said D.C. Police Chief Charles H. Ramsey. "I can't relate to that mentality. I can't comment on that thought process. I don't think much of it. I don't see the logic at all."

At approximately 1:20 am on Sunday October 23rd Cam'ron stopped at a red light on New York and New Jersey Avenues NW. A burgundy Ford Expedition pulled up and a man got out of the passenger side, walked up to the Lamborghini and began shooting at Cam'ron before firing at the Range Rover following him.

Police later searched the Expedition and turned up fingerprints, a Nextel phone and shell casings. They also found a .45-caliber handgun in a nearby alley. Investigators tracked down the Expedition's owner, but the owner apparently rented the SUV to someone else, and police haven't established who was using it that night.

Cam'ron managed to get to Howard University Hospital where he was treated. He was released from the hospital the following day , showing little concern over the attack, which caused nerve damage that will require follow-up treatment. Instead he told the press, "I didn't give up the car because I paid $250,000 for it. I won't just give up anything to anybody because they're waving a gun around."

Police have yet to establish whether the incident was actually a carjacking. Public speculation over the shooting has ranged from theories that Cam'ron and Dip Set staged the shooting for publicity and to the possibility that Giles was the victim of a botched hit. It clearly seems as though Cam'ron has gained street cred after the attack, but talking to police could affect that perception.

Since the shooting Cam'ron has been tirelessly promoting the February release of his film Killa Season and album by the same name, due out on Diplomat/Asylum Records. The trailer to Cam's self proclaimed "gangsta musical" has just been released. The short coming attraction features members of Cam's crew, The Dip Set, as well as Hip-Hop mogul Damon Dash, and promises to bring the Harlem rappers lyrics to life with images of big guns, expensive jewelry, drugs, and even a man scrunched up in a car trunk filled with live rats.

Source: SOHH.com