• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:18 PM

Sony PSP turns 5!
The fifth anniversary of the PSP

Posted Image
The original Sony PSP.

The Sony PSP has turned a ripe old age of 5 today. Yes it was on March 24th 2005 when Sony unleashed it's first handheld console, since then there have been 50 million units sold, the firmware has been upgraded 50 times, has had three hardware revisions and accumulated a staggering 820 game releases.

The PSP has definitely been a big success for Sony Computer Entertainment in Europe, Asia & the U.S., but with the Apple iPhone growing popularity as a gaming platform keep Sony in the handheld market for another 5 years?

What are your thoughts on the PSP, and what games are your favourites since it's release?

Source: Joystiq | Send us a message: @cdxnetwork (via Twitter) or on the CDX Forum. | Checkout GamerZone on Flickr.

#2 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:36 PM

I like my PSP I just don't play on it. :unsure: I mean it is great but I find I do most of my gaming at home so I'm much more tempted to just plug in the 360 or the PS3.

I really enjoy the fun, fast paced games for the PSP stuff like Burnout plays really well on the PSP as does worms... and God of War II was a great game for it as well.

#3 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

I never knew the PSP came out 5 days before my birthday...

I liked the PSP, I remember when I would go on there to see CAW formulas for my CAWS.

#4 TragikRhymes

TragikRhymes

Pianist Producer Musician

• Code-X Member
  • 5,531 posts
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

Damn its one of those times where it seem like it was forever, but it was jus yestaday lol. I remember back when me and the old gang was in 8 grade and my boy had one. We was always playin, we would let each other borrow it certain periods and in lunch lol. Dam it really DOES seem like yestaday. Well i aint got one now, but i cant hate on it. It is real cool and if i got one i wouldnt be complanin

#5 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:39 AM

Ain't this great? The PSP is now as old as our own TRS. There both cute and adorable little rascals aren't they.

#6 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Gallery:View
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:25 PM

Lol, got this the week it came out (cheap gloat lol) and really the console itself is boring as ****, i just found fun in hacking it and then after that, its just boring again, so i bricked it and fixed it for some fun and then hacked again then back to boring old PSP, nice little hacking toy it is though :P

#7 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

View PostDday141, on 25 March 2010 - 11:39 AM, said:

Ain't this great? The PSP is now as old as our own TRS. There both cute and adorable little rascals aren't they.
No, I'm still older I'm 12, 13 in 4 days moron. :P