#1 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:02 AM

Hip Hop legend LL Cool J was not one of the artists selected for entry into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, it was announced recently.

Because LL's career began in 1984, this was the first year he was available to make the cut. He was joined by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kiss, Donna Summer and Laura Nyro as other acts who failed to make the cut as well.

Instead, The Stooges, ABBA and Genesis will be honored with entry into the Hall, which features only two Hip Hop acts: Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5, and Run D.M.C. The latter was inducted last year.

This years entrants will be honored on March 15, 2010 in Waldorf Astoria in New York.

LL Cool J has been a tremendous figure in rap, known for his longevity - as well as being the early face of Def Jam. He was the first artist to sign to the storied rap label, and helped bring Hip Hop to the mainstream. The Queens native has released 12 albums (eight of which have gone platinum) and has been awarded two Grammys.

Currently, LL is starring alongside Chris O'Donnell in the crime series, NCIS: Los Angeles.

#2 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:50 AM

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is exactly what the Sex Pistols rightly called it. A ****ing piss stain.

#3 TragikRhymes

TragikRhymes

Pianist Producer Musician

• Code-X Member
  • 5,531 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:34 AM

Lol well at least he aint the only great to miss out. Plus its his first year. I would be honored if I got it the first year. He has a lot more to go, so I wouldnt trip

#4 wrestlingfan24

wrestlingfan24

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 598 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:43 PM

I know I'm about to get alot of $hit for saying this but Hip Hop artists should NOT be in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame , it's not Rock & Roll therefore it doesn't belong there they should just get one of their own instead of just clumping everything in as something it's not.

#5 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:11 PM

The Rock & Roll Hall of fame is meant to include influential people in music. All of music. I mean, if you look at Rock & Roll as a specific genre of music, I could almost be certain that the people in the hall of fame would be a lot less.