#51 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:35 PM

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on Jan 9 2010, 10:05 PM, said:

and not to forget the fact that hardcore matches back in the day took place everywhere

They need to bring that shit back. I wanna see Miz get beat down in a Senior Citizens Home.
That reminds me of Austin and Booker T fighting in the supermarket.

#52 C. Rich

C. Rich

1-24/L=NDEV

• Code-X Member
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:34 PM

View PostD-Ten, on Jan 9 2010, 11:38 AM, said:

Does anyone agree, that TNA should get rid of the gimmicky ring and have a more conventional one?
No, I'd rather see WWE go to a 6 sided ring.

#53 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

I don't mind it. It gives TNA a image.

#54 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:00 AM

View PostSocom, on Jan 9 2010, 10:35 PM, said:

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on Jan 9 2010, 10:05 PM, said:

and not to forget the fact that hardcore matches back in the day took place everywhere

They need to bring that shit back. I wanna see Miz get beat down in a Senior Citizens Home.
That reminds me of Austin and Booker T fighting in the supermarket.

That shit was epic.

#55 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

Hardy is probably the worst signing TNA could of made at this moment in time, as hes going to jail next month. Why bother have him for 3 shows in exchange for the mass amount of heat and legal stuff Dixie is going to have to deal with? Its stupid, big draw or not.

#56 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:16 PM

They signed him on a longer deal (rumour has it) though, so basically he's tied down which is smart. They're preventing him from signing for the competition after his legal troubles are done with. I agree it wasn't smart to just debut him and then have to take him off of TV but he'll have helped with Monday's rating and by having him go after Homicide they don't have to ruin a big storyline if he does go to jail.

Once he's free though I bet that he gets a serious push in TNA because he's pretty much the biggest star outside of the WWE who can compete on a regular basis. Love him or hate him his an absolutely huge draw and I'm sure that the WWE wishes he was still with them to be perfectly honest because he basically equates to huge piles of money.

#57 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

Free? Dude, hes going down for probably 10-14 years.

#58 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:46 PM

Unlikely... He's not going to be found guilty on all charges, particularly the trafficking charge which is only based on the amount present. Basically if you have x amount of dope you can be charged for trafficking but to be convicted of trafficking they need proof that he was selling/supplying other people with the product. Now obviously I don't know if he did supply or didn't supply people but does it sound logical that a guy earning hundreds of thousands of dollars working as a pro wrestler wouldn stoop to the low of selling basic prescription pain killers and steroids to others? To me it sounds absolutely rediculous.

He'll also probably get off for all the pills he can produce a dated prescription for which he'll likely be able to do for some of them. So he'll probably be convicted on around half the stuff he had maybe a little more and then the trace of cocaine. My bet is a short prison sentance, 4-5 months, of which he'll probably only serve around 3 of and then he'll have to attend some drug support clinic, etc.

It's highly unlikely that he'll go down on everything so 10-14 years is so extremely improbable from what I've read.

#59 koberulz

koberulz

Retired. You miss me.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

You can be convicted of 'possession with intent to supply' simply based on amount, regardless of any proof of distribution.

#60 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:55 AM

That's true, but intent carries a much lower sentance!

#61 koberulz

koberulz

Retired. You miss me.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

Source?

#62 ÐîναlíÇìøùš®

ÐîναlíÇìøùš®

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:05 PM

View PostBlooma, on Jan 10 2010, 03:16 PM, said:

They signed him on a longer deal (rumour has it) though, so basically he's tied down which is smart. They're preventing him from signing for the competition after his legal troubles are done with. I agree it wasn't smart to just debut him and then have to take him off of TV but he'll have helped with Monday's rating and by having him go after Homicide they don't have to ruin a big storyline if he does go to jail.

Once he's free though I bet that he gets a serious push in TNA because he's pretty much the biggest star outside of the WWE who can compete on a regular basis. Love him or hate him his an absolutely huge draw and I'm sure that the WWE wishes he was still with them to be perfectly honest because he basically equates to huge piles of money.

WWE isn't happy about him signing with TNA from what it looks like. They took him out of the WWE opening and took him off the Alumni page now.

#63 koberulz

koberulz

Retired. You miss me.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:30 PM

My god, they're not advertising their competition? The *******s!

#64 C. Rich

C. Rich

1-24/L=NDEV

• Code-X Member
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:44 PM

I especially like how Matt Hardy and R-Truth knew he was going to TNA months ago and they were at a recent Superstars throwing his DVDs around to everyone and they were mentioning the shit outta him recently on WWE TV. That is why I was so shocked when he didn't make his return in WWE.

#65 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:21 AM

I am not entirly sure about Jeff Hardy going to Jail or anything related to it as i never have kept up with it. I also like the way that they have this Drug Free CM Punk thing going on when infact he has a Pesi Logo on his arm and basicly that helps endorse Pepsi witch has Caffeine in it. However this is not saying aside from that he isn't Drug Free.

#66 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:42 PM

...He could drink Pesi Free, that doesn't have caffeine in it at all but is still a pepsi product. :yes:

@Kobe: I honestly couldn't provide a source, I'm purely going on what I believe to know via general knowledge picked up along the way due to watching crime shows on TV (nonfiction) reading about Hardy's case, and other stuff etc. If you can show me I'm wrong then I'd be happy to accept it no problem because I don't claim to be right any way.

In any case though the fact remains that he won't go to jail for 10-14 years, I'm 99% sure of it.

#67 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:38 AM

Regardless, he is going to jail. Maybe for not that long, but atleast 2 years.

#68 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:51 PM

He might go to jail for a couple of years but that is still unlikely as well, by the sounds of it he'll barely spend a year inside... I don't doubt he'll go to jail though and I don't doubt that TNA are stupid by having him on TV before he goes to jail but signing up on a long term deal (with the right stipulations regarding his legal status) is smart because it keeps him away from the WWE and gives them a huge star to push in the long term all being well.

...moving away from Hardy though... TNA has got a few more new signings yet to debut according to reports... Anyone else see Mr. Kennedy being one of them? I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more old WCW guys to show up as well.

#69 koberulz

koberulz

Retired. You miss me.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

Rosey, Godfather, Kennedy and Beefcake, most likely. Everyone else that debuted Monday night, other than Hall and Waltman, was on Hogan's Australian tour, and they're the only names that haven't made it to TNA yet (excluding Umaga).

#70 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

I don't get why TNA is signing a bunch of these old WWE guys. Some of them are fair, but everyone Kobe just named makes me not want to watch TNA. They already have good talent on their roster, why waste them by having these people whos prime was 10 years ago? I would be trying to establish my own guys in the faces of general wrestling fans then having these old WWE guys come on my show. I would assume that establishing your own guys would make for longevity.

#71 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:06 PM

View PostMC Coemgen, on Jan 14 2010, 09:47 PM, said:

I don't get why TNA is signing a bunch of these old WWE guys. Some of them are fair, but everyone Kobe just named makes me not want to watch TNA. They already have good talent on their roster, why waste them by having these people whos prime was 10 years ago? I would be trying to establish my own guys in the faces of general wrestling fans then having these old WWE guys come on my show. I would assume that establishing your own guys would make for longevity.
Because people would pay to see the nWo reunite. That was probably the best segment of the night to be honest.

#72 DLT

DLT

Thanks to Simon for the Avatar

• Code-X Legend
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

TNA vs WWE?

It gave me a good chuckle, I must admit.

#73 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:06 PM

View PostDer Brüderschaft, on Jan 14 2010, 04:06 PM, said:

Because people would pay to see the nWo reunite. That was probably the best segment of the night to be honest.

Yeah but its really just a short time gain. Yeah sure, Nash, Hall, Hogan, and whoever else they had can draw people, but its only a matter of time before they realize half of those guys can't wrestle anymore. Me personally I don't want to watch TNA or WWE to get the same people in the same gimmicks that they had 10 years ago. I want to watch WWE or TNA to watch something new, with new people. The "We're going to bring back these people to get ratings" doesn't interest me. Good wrestling interest me.

#74 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:53 AM

View PostMC Coemgen, on Jan 15 2010, 12:06 AM, said:

View PostDer Brüderschaft, on Jan 14 2010, 04:06 PM, said:

Yeah but its really just a short time gain. Yeah sure, Nash, Hall, Hogan, and whoever else they had can draw people, but its only a matter of time before they realize half of those guys can't wrestle anymore. Me personally I don't want to watch TNA or WWE to get the same people in the same gimmicks that they had 10 years ago. I want to watch WWE or TNA to watch something new, with new people. The "We're going to bring back these people to get ratings" doesn't interest me. Good wrestling interest me.
You think TNA gives a crap about wrestling over draw power? Seriously if that were the case, majority of the main indy guys would be in TNA right now. Thing is, alot of the older fans would intrested in nWo. Which is why Hogan got TNA thier biggest rating ever.

#75 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

Nostalgia always draws big, always will, always has. To be fresh all the time you have to constantly create stars. There are guys out there who are brilliant wrestlers but because they are unknown TNA aren't going to throw them in at the deep end because that doesn't make money and it doesn't draw audiences in the short term. Brigning ready made stars back (no matter how old or past it they are) does draw and does make money.

In the long term TNA will need to use those old guys to put over the guys they are trying to turn into stars (this is where WCW failed because Hogan, Nash and Goldberg wouldn't put anyone over other than the old tired wrestlers) because these guys don't have longevity, where as the younger guys do... but for now TNA is trying to draw in a bigger audience and keep it and until they do get bigger numbers on a consistant basis they're going to look for quick draws because it works...

Bret Hart spent less than 20-25 minutes on screen for the WWE and they gained their biggest audience since summerslam all because of the nostalgia and draw of an old ready made star and (just to prove my point) in the mean time Sheamus became champ and no one gave a shit... So you can see why TNA wants the old timers.