WWE Raw Weekly Discussion

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

Posted Image
WWE RAW DISCUSSION

This is CDX Wrestling's discussion topic for 2011 episodes of WWE Monday Night Raw. Discuss this event before, during and after the show is aired. Please remember to add spoiler tags.

#2 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:03 AM

I'm quite sick of Del Rio being shoved down our throats they really want this guy to be huge but I still see him as a JBL ripoff and Del Rio coming out on every show and repeating the same promo isn't doing anything to change my mind. Plus his ring announcer has a face that I just want to punch...

#3 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:25 AM

View PostDTM, on 15 February 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

I'm quite sick of Del Rio being shoved down our throats they really want this guy to be huge but I still see him as a JBL ripoff and Del Rio coming out on every show and repeating the same promo isn't doing anything to change my mind. Plus his ring announcer has a face that I just want to punch...
I hate this guy. He's so annoying. He thinks he's better than everyone else. I'd rather listen to arrogant Miz that Del Rio.

• Guests

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:08 AM

I can't stand Alberto either, not sure whether it's the JBL persona or if it's his "deadly" armbar finisher. Ugh, and don't get me started on his sidekick Ricardo Rodriguez...

#5 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:05 PM

That's odd as for me, I love Alberto and I love his mic skills. He's kind of boring in the ring and it is pretty crazy as he only needs one damn arm attack (mostly jumping armbreaker) and then that's all it takes for people to submit to his armbreaker which is insane IMO.

Also has anyone noticed that CM Punk is basically the only main technical main event wrestler? lol I didn't really think about it until last night.

#6 Future WHC

Future WHC

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

The WWE roster is a mess. It's a shambles what they have done to it. TNA has a better roster than WWE now because they at least put on great matches, and people aren't so easily bored of its main event stars every week.

On Raw, it's John Cena almost every week. Snore. :(

#7 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:21 PM

View PostFuture WC, on 16 February 2011 - 06:40 PM, said:

On Raw, it's John Cena almost every week. Snore. :(
What's wrong with that?

#8 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:01 AM

He is boring just like every main event face they all go in unstoppable mode and makes for boring main events. The midcard is so much better match quality wise.

#9 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:25 AM

View PostDTM, on 17 February 2011 - 03:01 AM, said:

He is boring just like every main event face they all go in unstoppable mode and makes for boring main events. The midcard is so much better match quality wise.
I'm a huge Cena fan. He is really funny on the mic & has great charisma.

#10 YU Got SERVED

YU Got SERVED

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

Great charisma, great attitude, but its the same thing with this Guy. And plus he can barely wrestle

#11 Future WHC

Future WHC

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

It's not that I'm a Cena hater, cos I'm far from it. But he is just such a goody two shoes. He is charismatic, I'll give him that. But we need some fresh talent stepping up. Ever since the deaths of Guerrero, Benoit, etc, and the departure of Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, etc, WWE has just become a huge waste of time much of the year with the odd show stealer (i.e. Michaels ultimately losing to Taker twice). All the time they spent making Nexus look "unstoppable" and now look at them. Even WWE Superstars has better matches than Raw sometimes.

Cena is stale. In fact, Cena isn't to blame for that. It's the writers who keep using the same recycled storylines and crap. The PG limitation makes it seem a bit forced.

I also like that Orton isn't the champ, cos we already had Triple H steal the spot. We don't need his Evolution cohorts doing the exact same thing. Even though I think Orton is better than Batista is.

Miz is doing a wonderful job as a heel, despite what I may have said about him in a previous thread. But everyone else is a joke sometimes.

#12 YU Got SERVED

YU Got SERVED

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

I just realized that the WWE needs way more great faces. I think that JOMO is the key to doing this since he has so much friggin potential its crazy. Also if they do this match, jomo probobly wouldn't win but they would probobly punp him up like how they did to Jeff Hardy. If you think about, there are a lot of superstars in the WWE right now with a lot of potential, such as Drew Macintyre, Daniel Bryan, and many others.

#13 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:09 PM

I don't see much in Drew anymore he just can't get over and they aren't giving him much to work with lately. JoMo I am still pulling for I really hope he gets a good push his ladder match with Sheamus is probably one of my favorite matches in the past few years.

#14 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

View PostDTM, on 17 February 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

I don't see much in Drew anymore he just can't get over and they aren't giving him much to work with lately.
WWE were really pushing him when he debuted then he slowly died away in a sense.

#15 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

Maybe if they played on the whole "Chosen One" thing some more hell a new corporation would be amazing with him being the main star.

#16 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:26 AM

View PostDTM, on 18 February 2011 - 12:46 AM, said:

Maybe if they played on the whole "Chosen One" thing some more hell a new corporation would be amazing with him being the main star.
I'm not a fan of him but he sure can fight.

#17 YU Got SERVED

YU Got SERVED

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:02 AM

I think that he should go to raw after the draft to gain a friendship with Vince McMahon allowing Drew to get over on a lot of matches and gain titles.

#18 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

If you get lost in the shuffle on Smackdown going to Raw would just be career suicide. The draft worries me a little this year as I like both rosters as is and I hope certain guys don't get moved. Like JoMo going to SD would be good for him cause a title shot and win will come faster but I enjoy his build up on Raw same with Sheamus who I fear will be drafted.

#19 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

Anyone else think Sheamus is being de-emphasized? He has no fued in place, Triple H has ditched him in favour of 'Taker for wrestlemania (according to the dirt sheets) and the whole King Sheamus look is just rediculous. His TV time has also been reduced as a consequence of all of this. To me it just seems like they gave him everything and now they don't know what/who to give him so they've just put him on the back burner.

They teased a Tag-Team with him and Drew McIntyre during the rumble and tbh, I don't see this as a bad idea. It would be a great way to add spice back to the tag division and would give them both a decent amount of time on at least one show per week until WWE found something for them. Hell you could even split them up and fued them with each other, this would push McIntyre again and give Sheamus an opportunity to regain whatever it is he's lost recently in terms of momentum. Note that this have been done with both Jericho/Big-Show Jericho/Edge, Miz/Big-Show and Edge/Randy-Orton in the past and worked really well for all involved so I don't see why they shouldn't/wouldn't with these two.

As for the draft. I'd like to see the Nexus split up. Punk only needs Mason Ryan at this point to be his body-gaurd, McGillicuty and Otunga need to break out on their own now and both could do that on the mid card of smackdown. They barely play a significant part on RAW now and that is with the push Punk is receiving.

Other moves from raw to SD! - Sheamus (would dominate, room for a Taker fued as well - big pluses IMO.) Ted Dibiase (needs air time), JoMo (needs mainevent push), Maryse (fairly good in the ring for the WWE, her and McCool could go well at it).

Moves from SD! to Raw - Christian (I just see this happening so they can continue to slide him down the card, despite the fact that I'd hate it), Masters (rumoured to be in for a push, could help build a new midcard on Raw), Gabriel (just to play with the no team is safe line, could easily break out in the midcard on raw, imagine a match with Daniel Bryan?), Big Show (SD has all the monsters right now, Show's always done well on raw).

To be fair though, I agree with you DTM, I'm fairly happy with everyone being where they are in all honesty.

#20 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

Damn I was thinking about a Drew and Sheamus team too the Celtic Connection as they put it sounded great and are friends in real life so they should work well together. I wouldn't mind them being a dominant force with hold tag and midcard titles it would be a great way to push both of them. Sheamus has the charisma that can wear off on Drew and they both are good in the ring to compliment each other.

#21 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 03:52 PM

View PostRyan, on 19 February 2011 - 01:09 PM, said:

Anyone else think Sheamus is being de-emphasized? He has no fued in place, Triple H has ditched him in favour of 'Taker for wrestlemania (according to the dirt sheets) and the whole King Sheamus look is just rediculous. His TV time has also been reduced as a consequence of all of this. To me it just seems like they gave him everything and now they don't know what/who to give him so they've just put him on the back burner.
I know what you mean. WWE made him a star, now he's either (sometimes) wrestling jobbers & winning/losing.

As for the draft. I'd like to see the Nexus split up. Punk only needs Mason Ryan at this point to be his body-gaurd, McGillicuty and Otunga need to break out on their own now and both could do that on the mid card of smackdown. They barely play a significant part on RAW now and that is with the push Punk is receiving.
This.

Other moves from raw to SD! - Sheamus (would dominate, room for a Taker fued as well - big pluses IMO.) Ted Dibiase (needs air time), JoMo (needs mainevent push), Maryse (fairly good in the ring for the WWE, her and McCool could go well at it).
JoMo is always better on SD to me for some reason so I agree on that, Sheamus/Taker feud would be good, DiBiase needs a push (not a fan of his TBH), Maryse/McCool would also be a good feud too.

#22 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 05:47 PM

The thing about Smackdown to me is a main event push for younger guys never actually establish them. It did nothing for Swagger(actually I'd like him back on Raw) and no one gets much out of it.

#23 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 20 February 2011 - 06:47 AM

The midcard to mainevent push can work on SD, it just depends how they play it. The transition of Eddie, Rey, Booker and Cena himself years ago worked really well. In a different way Edge has made himself a legend by capitalising on the low number of true maineventers on SD. Jeff Hardy and CM Punk's push to stardom one or two years ago was excellently done on the blue brand. The current Del Rio push would never have worked soley on Raw, he has his air time on SD to thank for getting over the way he has.

Granted there are guys who haven't done well with a mainevent push on SD, like Swagger, Khali (when he first came in), McIntyre has dwindled down from upper midcard to lower, etc. But on the whole I think the blue brand being used to develop maineventers has worked well. The likes of JoMo and Sheamus would have no problem any way IMO.

#24 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:35 PM

View PostBlizzard, on 15 February 2011 - 01:25 AM, said:

View PostDTM, on 15 February 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

I hate this guy. He's so annoying. He thinks he's better than everyone else.
The he is doing his job perfectly. And to be fair, to a point he is. He's been their for less than a year, and he has become the third best heel on the stick, as well as putting on great matches. The guy reeks of charisma, and is just a natural born heel. Really wish they would play on his wrestling heritage, but not every fan knows how legendary Mil Mascaras is, so I see why they don't. Reason why they are pushing him so hard is because of how hot he is right now. He's getting a better reaction every week.

#25 YU Got SERVED

YU Got SERVED

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

I think most of the fans also don't like him beccause he's not American. There's nothing americans hate more than cocky immigrants.