Developer Q&A

WWE2K15 Q&A

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

WWE 2K15 Developer Q&A
Credit: IGN.com

@1998Isac asked: Are we going to get more people available in the ring at the same time in royal rumble?
Our goal is to provide the most realistic and authentic WWE game ever. With that being said, we also want to ensure the game plays at a solid 60 FPS at full 1080p resolution and that all game mechanics are properly tuned and engaging. We are still working through the optimization and tuning for the game, so we are not yet able to comment on how many WWE Superstars we can support in the ring at the same time.

@DennisDavilaTV asked: What has changed from CAW Mode?
The Creation Suite in our game is always one of our most popular modes. We have in excess of 12 million downloads of user-generated content each year. We have always marveled at the amazing content our community creates through the Creation Suite on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. We definitely have some new surprises for the community on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and we will be sharing those with everyone in the weeks leading up to the launch of WWE 2K15. We can’t wait to see what the community is able to accomplish with the Creation Suite in WWE 2K15.

@WCCase asked: Is the Showcase mode on Next-gen to or just in last-gen because of the created Superstar mode on Next-gen?
2K Showcase is available for all versions of the game. We are very excited about the two great stories we are able share with our community: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels and John Cena vs. CM Punk. These are two of the greatest rivalries in WWE history, and you can relive them or experience them for the first time in 2K Showcase. There are 33 matches complete with historical objectives, unlockable content and documentary-style WWE historical videos that enable you to experience these two great rivalries.

@BrendenPlayz asked: What improvements have been made to universe mode? Will we see more characteristics drawing from other modes such as GM Mode?
Each year, we look for ways to improve on the already rich feature offering of WWE Universe Mode, and this year is no different. We are eager to share with our community what changes have been made for WWE 2K15, but we are all going to have to wait a little longer to find out what is in store for WWE Universe Mode in WWE 2K15. Stay tuned; the information is coming.

@MichaelBuchko asked: Various editions of RAW and Smackdown featured guests... will any of them be featured, like SHAQ?
We haven’t announced the entire roster in the game, but we have announcements coming up soon that we believe our community is going to be really excited about. We have a big celebrity in a certain way this year … Sting. Our pre-order launch exclusive with two playable characters (black and white, as well as blond with bright colors) will be available for fans to play this year. Sting’s the biggest name who has never stepped foot in a WWE ring, and now he can … in WWE 2K15. Think about those fantasy matches – Sting vs. Undertaker, vs. Cena, vs. Brock, etc. The reaction to the Sting announcement has been bigger than any announcement in the history of this franchise. We couldn’t imagine a better addition to the WWE roster than the Stinger!

@DavidBryant__ asked: Will we be able to give our custom superstars a custom song on the PS4 version of WWE 2K15 is there any way?
We’re always looking to provide fans with the best possible options and customizations in the Creation Suite. We aren’t ready to go into details of the Creation Suite for this year, so stay tuned for answers!

@JediJT74 asked How hard was it to bring #wwe2k15 to next gen and how many hours of motion capture?
Moving to the next-generation of hardware is always challenging, but it is also exciting for our teams. With the new hardware, we have the opportunity to set a new level of quality in visuals, presentation and gameplay, all of which are a huge motivator for our teams. This year, we spent over 40 days in our state-of-the-art 2K Mocap studio and captured more than five times the number of animations than any previous year. You can see the results of all this effort when you play the game.

@TheOnlyRealAman asked: Will we be able to fight in the crowd and go backstage during a match in?
We are constantly working to improve our gameplay, match types and choices available for our community. We will share in the near future what that is going to look like for WWE 2K15.

@JamesMcQueary asked: What improvements have been made to the Cage match and Hell in a Cell if any? I want to have Weapons in the cell like Tables.
We are always looking for improvements in gameplay associated to specific matches like Cage and Hell in the Cell matches. This year is no different; you will notice right away that we put a lot of effort into making sure that environments are 100% accurate based on what happens in WWE. We have made a lot of adjustments to the rings, cages, barricades and announce table to make this a reality, and when you get inside the ring, you can tell the difference. All the improved authenticity and realism leads to a better overall experience in WWE 2K15. We are going to share more details in the future, so stay tuned to find out more.

@adambeat asked: Is the Royal Rumble/Battle Royal gameplay going to have anything new or different?
Overall, the gameplay is going to be significantly improved over WWE 2K14. More depth, more polish and more options – the best wrestling to date that we’ve offered. These offerings will extend across all match types and modes. More details are coming soon.

@dropkickdonny asked: Will there be multiple attires for most superstars?
Absolutely! Four example, there are four versions of attire for John Cena alone to be 100 percent authentic to his appearances during his rivalry with CM Punk, as featured in the 2K Showcase.

• Guests

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

This Q&A was answered just like a politician would, no real answers and specially selected questions to answer. I'd love to know if there will be more than 6 Superstars in the ring at one time with the additional power of PS4/Xbox One, however from the sounds of it that's unlikely to happen based on their vague answer.

I remember WWE SmackDown: Just Bring It had 8 in the ring at the same time it was crazy but lots of fun, however THQ/Yukes went down the path improving graphics (as they seem to do year-on-year now) on WWE SmackDown: Shut Your Mouth and dropped the additional two.

I'm still very anxious about this game, all I see so far in WWE 2K15 is better graphics and I'm bored of that.

Also does anyone really want celebrities all over this game? Who played as Fred Durst in WWE SmackDown: Just Bring It? Posted Image

#3 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

This is the story of how I died...and went to heaven!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

View PostDestiny, on 21 August 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

Also does anyone really want celebrities all over this game? Who played as Fred Durst in WWE SmackDown: Just Bring It? Posted Image
No celebrities shouldn't be in WWE games. If people want them so much, they should create them themselves. I believe Fred Durst was only on WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It because that was one of his terms for allowing them to use Rollin' as Undertaker's theme.

#4 SoulStorm64

SoulStorm64

A.K.A PΣℜøxwђy?ĢΣИ

• Code-X Member
  • 793 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:28 AM

The thing that would sell me on this game is if you could do some of the things you could do in HCTP And just bring it.

Being able to go backstage kept the game feeling fresh because you felt like you could go anywhere.

And as for going into the crowd, I don't think that will happen but it would be cool. I mean I'm svr2007 you had the little area you could go into. It was half assed nonetheless.

Also who would want to play as Fred durst when you could play as Jerry Lynn ;P