• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

Lol, I burned myself to death coz my boyfriend told me to

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:07 AM

Well, we need something fresh and original around here, so I thought this'd be really fun to try out. I've done it a few times on various other forums, and it worked out well.

Have you ever been frustrated by a company's booking and think you can do better? Well, here's your chance. What I'm proposing is that we have a list of so many companies (more can be added depending on the popularity of the game), and each person can pick one company. Using the roster available for that company, all you have to do is produce one show (so if you decide to take Raw, you would write one show and let your imagination run wild). From there, once we have them all, people can vote on which show they enjoyed reading, and on which show the booking was better. Its a great chance to let your creativity run wild, and book things the way you would like to. This will include: indy wrestling companies, modern day mainstream companies, and older companies such as WCW, so you'll always have something you should know. When I get enough people, I'll start writing up the rosters, but you should be able to see the current roster by looking

The Rules
1. One company per person, however if you would like to book as a part of a team, then that would be fine (so you could have two or more people discussing how to book one company).
2. Trading superstars between other companies is allowed as long as both people agree to the trade.
3. Try to be a little realistic: while you can let your creativity run wild, try not to make every match a Hell in a Cell, for example :P
4. You can write the show in any way you'd like. If you want to do a play-by-play for each match that's fine, if you just want to write a brief summary that's fine, if you just want to write the end, that's fine. Remember, this isn't a competition about who's writing is the best, its a competition of how well you can book a show. All I do ask is that you put the times of matches at the end (so if you have Randy Orton and Triple H fighting, say how long the match lasted).
5. Every show is two hours long, just for consistency purposes and making it easier to judge.
6. Don't use other people's superstars. Its a simple rule, but I have seen it broken before.
7. For older companies, please specify which year you would like to do it for. Older companies may have wrestlers that newer companies have. This is okay, and both companies can use them as they wish (bearing in mind that, say, Sting in WCW would be far younger and more able than Sting in TNA).
8. You may sign talent that is not used by any company at the moment, but as long as its within reason (so no Goldberg, The Rock, Bret Hart, Lesnar), and must be approved.
9. Meet deadlines! I will allow people at least three weeks to write up a show or what have you, but do try to make deadlines. However, we can be flexible also ;)
10. Enjoy yourself! Even if you don't win, just have a load of fun writing it up.

The Companies
These will be given to people on a first come first serve basis. If there is no company left, we can always arrange to put some more in. Get in there fast to get the company you want. Here is the original list of ten, with more to be added if wanted. For now, we'll keep it to North America, but if you want to try taking on a Puro company, just say and it can be done. All taken companies will have a strikethrough.

Modern Day Companies - As of June 2008
CHIKARA
Combat Zone Wrestling
Dragon Gate - phoenixsplash630
Florida Championship Wrestling - Tasha
Full Throttle Wrestling - Code-X's_Reaper
Ohio Valley Wrestling - D.I.C.E.
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla - Kayfabe 24/7
Ring of Honor
Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling
World Wrestling Entertainment: ECW
World Wrestling Entertainment: Raw - ThePhenomenalEnigma / sharpshooter93
World Wrestling Entertainment: SmackDown!

Older Companies
Extreme Championship Wrestling - Any time period between 1992 and 2001 (please specify)
NWA/WCW - Any time period between 1988 and 1991 (please specify)
World Championship Wrestling - Any time period between 1991 and 2001 (please specify)
Wrestling Society X - 2007

Any request for a company can be done! So pick your company, research its roster and ENJOY! :D I hope to get a good response for this, since its just for fun and you can book any show however you want (regardless of how the real-life company tries to book things). THIS IS OPEN TO ANYBODY, and remember, first come first serve. :)

Edited by Misa Amane, 22 June 2008 - 04:16 PM.

#2 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:11 AM

I love the idea, but I know I won't be able to put up with it.

#3 .Truth

.Truth

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:26 AM

I'll Take WWE Raw (i'd like to know if anyone wanted to work with me and have Raw ECW and SD!'s storylines all sort of alligned) also are these rosters going to be updated with the WWE Draft?

Edited by ThePhenomenalEnigma, 21 June 2008 - 09:26 AM.

#4 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:29 AM

I'll give this a shot. Although, I see a lack of Japan. Any way that I could take Michinoku Pro, or Dragon Gate? If not, I'll claim ROH.

Also, how can they do CZW, since most of it's wrestlers are long gone? It would have to be current CZW.

#5 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:35 AM

View PostThePhenomenalEnigma, on Jun 21 2008, 09:26 AM, said:

I'll Take WWE Raw (i'd like to know if anyone wanted to work with me and have Raw ECW and SD!'s storylines all sort of alligned) also are these rosters going to be updated with the WWE Draft?
I'll sign you up straight away :)

The rosters will not be updated after the draft (unless lots of people REALLY want it), but trades can happen. The rosters will be as they are at this time - just remember you can trade between ANY company and doesn't necessarily have to be one superstar for another (it can be three for one, for example).

I'll give this a shot. Although, I see a lack of Japan. Any way that I could take Michinoku Pro, or Dragon Gate? If not, I'll claim ROH.

Also, how can they do CZW, since most of it's wrestlers are long gone? It would have to be current CZW.
Like I said, there is availability to Japanese wrestlers, if you're willing to, so just say which company you want and it shall be yours ;)

The CZW roster is fine, as they still have lots of employed wrestlers, just not so many, but they still have all the ones as listed on Wikipedia.

#6 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:54 AM

After a hard decision, I choose... Dragon Gate. But, am I allowed to trade to get Yoshitsune?

EDIT: Just read rule number eight. I sign Yoshitsune.

Edited by phoenixsplash630, 21 June 2008 - 10:00 AM.

#7 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:01 AM

View Postphoenixsplash630, on Jun 21 2008, 09:54 AM, said:

After a hard decision, I choose... Dragon Gate. But, am I allowed to trade to get Yoshitsune?

EDIT: Just read rule number eight. I sign Yoshitsune.
Dragon Gate is yours :)

Well, we'll wait until everyone's got a company before signing anyone, but I'll give you special reserves on him, but for now just hang on :P

#8 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:06 AM

Ok, I'll wait. But what are the odds that somebody other than me would sign Yoshitsune on here, lat.

#9 Jeff Sparx

Jeff Sparx

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

i choose OVW

#10 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:28 PM

If anyone would like a partnership then I will join. I know I won't be able to do it myself.

Edited by sharpshooter93, 21 June 2008 - 12:29 PM.

#11 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:17 PM

View PostD.I.C.E., on Jun 21 2008, 11:00 AM, said:

i choose OVW
And it will be done :) Thanks

Come on guys, we still have some good rosters left, and don't be shy :) Nobody's going to judge anybody and there's no pressure ;)

There's still:
CHIKARA
Combat Zone Wrestling
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
Ring of Honor
Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling
World Wrestling Entertainment: ECW
World Wrestling Entertainment: SmackDown!
Extreme Championship Wrestling - Any time period between 1992 and 2001 (please specify)
NWA/WCW - Any time period between 1988 and 1991 (please specify)
World Championship Wrestling - Any time period between 1991 and 2001 (please specify)
Wrestling Society X - 2007

So take your pick, because there's some awesome talent on hand there to book with :)

#12 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:27 PM

Oh my god, I'm shocked. Lust just said a roster with Vampiro was a good one, lat. People who choose WSX have little perfomrers though, since all moved on pretty much.

#13 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:31 PM

View Postphoenixsplash630, on Jun 21 2008, 05:27 PM, said:

Oh my god, I'm shocked. Lust just said a roster with Vampiro was a good one, lat. People who choose WSX have little perfomrers though, since all moved on pretty much.
"Older companies may have wrestlers that newer companies have. This is okay, and both companies can use them as they wish (bearing in mind that, say, Sting in WCW would be far younger and more able than Sting in TNA)."

Therefore, WSX would be available, for example, to use Jack Evans, even though he is in ROH, and whoever took ROH could also use them in their own independent way. Its so that nobody has a weak roster.

#14 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:35 PM

Ok, I see now. I really need to re-read those rules, lat. Evans though, could be working for three or four promotions here though. Dragon Gate, CZW, ROH, WSX, and more really. That probably still applies with that rule though. Certain wrestlers work for multiple promotions.

#15 .Truth

.Truth

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

hey sharpshooter, wanna work with me on RAW?
also do we have to wait til all companies are taken to trade or sign unsigned talent?

#16 Lenox

Lenox

Turn it up loud and feel the ambiance.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:03 AM

Hey, if I can, I want a local company called FTW! Full Throttle Wrestling. I can post some of the roster (considering FTW! hasn't updated their roster section on their website in like a year, I'll try to find the others but I might not be able to) if you want to see it first.

If I can't use them then I'll take TNA.

#17 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:07 AM

View PostThePhenomenalEnigma, on Jun 21 2008, 09:00 PM, said:

also do we have to wait til all companies are taken to trade or sign unsigned talent?

Yeah sure, Ill work with you on RAW.

#18 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:34 AM

You have to wait until everyone willing to sign up signs up, but if nobody signs up after a while, I'll close the rosters and then you can trade. If there's a company not chosen, you may assume that their roster are free agents. I will also be limiting the amount of free talent you can sign, with three free-wrestlers being able to be signed by each company. There is no limit to the amount of trades.

View PostCode-X's_Reaper, on Jun 22 2008, 02:03 AM, said:

Hey, if I can, I want a local company called FTW! Full Throttle Wrestling. I can post some of the roster (considering FTW! hasn't updated their roster section on their website in like a year, I'll try to find the others but I might not be able to) if you want to see it first.

If I can't use them then I'll take TNA.
As long as you can post a roster, I have no problems with that :)

Yeah sure, Ill work with you on RAW.
Then it shall be done. Feel free to discuss it over PM and devise a show in whatever way you want ;)

Anymore takers? We still have lots of mainstream wrestling such as SmackDown!, ECW and iMPACT, as well as some indy stuff like ROH and PWG. And for all you old school fans there's still the past companies ;) Don't be shy, we know you're not! :P

#19 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:39 AM

^Are you going to pick a company as well?

#20 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:41 AM

View Postsharpshooter93, on Jun 22 2008, 04:39 AM, said:

^Are you going to pick a company as well?
I'm already Florida Championship Wrestling ;) Colt Cabana, Jack Gabriel, Jay Bradley and Afa Jr. Bring it on!

#21 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:50 AM

ahhh... I see. Surprised no one has taken ROH yet.

#22 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:10 AM

Rosters are here, and this is a word document for them all, which will show all the available talent to your roster. Bear in mind that these lists have been devised using Wikipedia's help, and also taking some wrestlers off due to the fact they are part-time to some companies.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G4U4XNY2

#23 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:02 AM

Lust, I couldn't get the download link. I already know my roster though.

#24 .Truth

.Truth

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:12 AM

ya i couldn't get the download link either

#25 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:15 AM

The wikipedia roster isn't right for Dragon Gate either. It's missing all of the Americans that wrestle there. This roster is more up to date. Also includes the freelancers.