Technique or TI?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Whose better

Whose better

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 25 November 2006 - 03:26 PM

BLOOMA, on Nov 25 2006, 03:04 PM, said:

As for Immortal technique, he's not all that hot, I've just been listening to him and truthfully he isn't to my liking. The lyrics are good, but hip-hop is not just about lyrics, there are better people as far as flow is concerned and the beats don't do it for me.
Well what CD are you listening to? Is it Revolutionary 1 or 2?

The reason why I ask this is because I was watching a video of a interview with Technique earlier and Revolutionary Volume 1 was written while he was in prison, so that means that he did not have any beat to go with while he was writting (witch I didn't really know). Plus he also recorded that from his house with would make the beats not as good and the whole qulitly as good.

Revolutionary Volume 2 on the other hand was when he signed with Viper records, witch means that he now has better beats, better, qulity, and sense he was not in jail he could write to a beat witch gave him better flow. PLUS Revolutionary V1 was relased before 9/11 so Revolutionary V2 would have more of the anti-government songs.

Just thought I'd give everyone some insight :P

#27 red_medicine

red_medicine

Ranger.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,484 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 25 November 2006 - 03:51 PM

Fate L, on Nov 25 2006, 04:26 PM, said:

Sev7en, on Nov 25 2006, 03:08 PM, said:

Fate L, on Nov 25 2006, 03:37 PM, said:

Good Rappers In The South:

Young Buck
Ludacris
Outkast
Scarface

The rest can die in a forest fire.
Out of that lot Scarface is the best. He is the best southern rapper and is legendary. Luda is pretty good. Outkast is also good. And Young Buck being the olny person neXt to
Lloyd Banks that is actually a great rapper in G-Unit.... :P
David Banner isnt that bad, and T.I.isnt horrible.

But u know who is horrible.....Lil' Flip!!!! :P
Banks fell off in his last album.
Not as much But when u think about it Banks and Buck are the only two ppl in G-Unit that are worth listening too. tony Yayo....pfft, 50 Cent...no comment. But Spider Loc isnt good either but I love the guy cause he stole Yukmouths chain. :lol:

And back to I.T.- Revolutionary Vol I & II are great alot of ppl dont like his style but I dont care....I.T. is what hip hop should be. I had gon to see him live and I swear to you if u live in Harlem like I do u can just walk up on 125st and see him chillin sometimes :P.
He is amazing live and he always spits insane freestyles in all his live shows. He could definatly kill any of those show-off-y, jucied up, I luv bitches & hoes rappers.

#28 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 05:50 PM

Sev7en, on Nov 25 2006, 03:51 PM, said:

And back to I.T.- Revolutionary Vol I & II are great alot of ppl dont like his style but I dont care....I.T. is what hip hop should be. I had gon to see him live and I swear to you if u live in Harlem like I do u can just walk up on 125st and see him chillin sometimes :P.
You've just seen Technique chilling around Harlem? You gotta be shitting me, you lucking son of a *****.

But Spider Loc isnt good either but I love the guy cause he stole Yukmouths chain.

Whats wrong with Yukmouth? Yukmouth is an excellent rapper. Plus you may or may not fail to note that Yukmouth had people steal the G-unit spinner from Young Buck in Chicago :D. And According to Yukmouth he had that chain for a year. Also when Spider did steal Yuk's chain, Yuk also says that he got it back the next day. So in your face :P.

#29 J.O.B. (Joey)

J.O.B. (Joey)

There's More 2 Life Than Chasin Girls, That's Raising 2

• Code-X Member
  • 4,870 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 03:43 PM

Lyrics are great, but if they arent flowed right... it still not the greatest thing in the world

#30 red_medicine

red_medicine

Ranger.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 04:55 PM

Devil, on Nov 25 2006, 06:50 PM, said:

Sev7en, on Nov 25 2006, 03:51 PM, said:

You've just seen Technique chilling around Harlem? You gotta be shitting me, you lucking son of a *****.

But Spider Loc isnt good either but I love the guy cause he stole Yukmouths chain.
Whats wrong with Yukmouth? Yukmouth is an excellent rapper. Plus you may or may not fail to note that Yukmouth had people steal the G-unit spinner from Young Buck in Chicago :D. And According to Yukmouth he had that chain for a year. Also when Spider did steal Yuk's chain, Yuk also says that he got it back the next day. So in your face :P.
He lives oor used to live I think on 126th and Brodway, But Im not sure. And yes Im a lucky son of a *****. he holds little gatherings...like a presconference ever so one to inform the ppl of the political bullshit and da dada..... :P

Yukmout is a good rapper....but they still took hs chain :lol: Despite the fact he got it back the neXt day...it was on the news and everything it was hilarious "Rapper steals rivals chain" lmfao

#31 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:01 PM

Sev7en, on Nov 23 2006, 09:51 AM, said:

Fate L, on Nov 25 2006, 04:26 PM, said:

Sev7en, on Nov 25 2006, 03:08 PM, said:

Fate L, on Nov 25 2006, 03:37 PM, said:

Good Rappers In The South:

Young Buck
Ludacris
Outkast
Scarface

The rest can die in a forest fire.
Out of that lot Scarface is the best. He is the best southern rapper and is legendary. Luda is pretty good. Outkast is also good. And Young Buck being the olny person neXt to
Lloyd Banks that is actually a great rapper in G-Unit.... :P
David Banner isnt that bad, and T.I.isnt horrible.

But u know who is horrible.....Lil' Flip!!!! :P
Banks fell off in his last album.
Not as much But when u think about it Banks and Buck are the only two ppl in G-Unit that are worth listening too. tony Yayo....pfft, 50 Cent...no comment. But Spider Loc isnt good either but I love the guy cause he stole Yukmouths chain. :lol:
50 Cent has stepped his game up alot in The Re-Up.

And Yukmouths a ******.

#32 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:15 PM

Fate L, on Nov 26 2006, 11:01 AM, said:

50 Cent has stepped his game up alot in The Re-Up.

And Yukmouths a ******.
:o Your a *****.

Seriously though, Yukmouth has more talent then 50 Cent hands down. But yet 50 thinks that he is too good for Yuk, or he knows that Yuk would rip his head off in a battle so he does not respond.

#33 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:19 PM

Yukmouth has no talent. Simple as that.

Stop hating on 50 Cent all because you refuse to listen to his ******* tracks...it's getting tiresome.

#34 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:31 PM

Fate L, on Nov 28 2006, 05:19 PM, said:

Yukmouth has no talent. Simple as that.

Stop hating on 50 Cent all because you refuse to listen to his ******* tracks...it's getting tiresome.
Your kidding right? Yukmouth has talent more than 50. As for the whole me hating 50 thing can you really blame me? I mean none of his songs are origanl, he can barly rap, hes a lair, he is unfatful to people in Queens people that would of laid down there life for him (AKA Bang Em Smurf). So, lets just say I thought he had some talent, how can you ignore the rest of the facts?

#35 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:39 PM

Yukmouth is a shitty rapper who thinks hes grimy but hes a ****** with a gay voice, gay gimmick, gay and whack rhymes, and stupid hyphy morons backing him.

Listen to Get Rich or Die Tryin', instead of pretending you know what your talking about.

#36 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:58 PM

Fate L, on Nov 28 2006, 06:39 PM, said:

Listen to Get Rich or Die Tryin', instead of pretending you know what your talking about.
So everything I listed was fake? I think it is you that need to stop pretending that you know what you are talking about. I did use to listen to GRoDT, and Beg For Mercy all the time because those where the only CD's I had at one point. Looking back I can see that those songs are not good. They are not worth me wasting my time listening too.

#37 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:09 PM

Devil, on Nov 26 2006, 12:58 PM, said:

Fate L, on Nov 28 2006, 06:39 PM, said:

So everything I listed was fake? I think it is you that need to stop pretending that you know what you are talking about. I did use to listen to GRoDT, and Beg For Mercy all the time because those where the only CD's I had at one point. Looking back I can see that those songs are not good. They are not worth me wasting my time listening too.
lol, you went back to 50 after listening to Yukmouth and said it sucked.

I went on a Wu-Tang, Nas, Pun, and Big L listening binge and still found skill in the 50 Cent spitting on Get Rich or Die Tryin'.

Stfu imo.

#38 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:06 PM

Actully I went to, Tech N9ne, Technique, Nas, Kutt Calhoun, Kalko, Fat Tone, Tupac, and many many others, while yes Yukmouth is also one of the people I listen to. But even before I went to them I started to see that 50 had little talent, I got sick of hearing the same thing over and over again, and not just by 50, but by many other artist, and 50 does the same thing, he talks about the same repetive crap that every other mainstream artist do. So why bother wasting time with an artist with skill that is and average rapper that talks about the same thing in his songs as hundrends do already. Thats I asked you and Mizery about Tech N9ne, and that is when I started to see how 50 was not good, and Technique just proves that fact again.

#39 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:12 PM

lol, 50 Cent isn't any more repetitive than 2pac.

And seriously, Immortal Technique is not a damn god...get over him...christ.

#40 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:35 PM

Technique has more lyrical ablity then then The Wu-Tang and you make them out to be god.

#41 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:00 PM

Devil, on Nov 26 2006, 02:35 PM, said:

Technique has more lyrical ablity then then The Wu-Tang and you make them out to be god.
Thats a ******* statement...seriously.

Technique can't touch RZA, GZA, Meth, or Raekwon. Dirty is a totally different style than any rapper so theres not a comparison to make, I can see Technique being considered better than Ghost; and i'd agree with him being better than Inspectah, Masta Killa and U-God...but seriously, 4 of the 9 Wu members, Technique has NOTHING on...ever.

#42 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

Technique raps about things that are actully effect people, weather it is about the american government, wars, or things that happens in the gettho in the majoirty of his songs. Not only that but he does it with skill that surrpasses everyone that I have heard. Dance With The Devil, You Never Know are songs that I honestly think that the Wu cannot touch, and if they can I will shut up about it. Speak Your Mind is a song with vocab, in-rhyems and some of the longest mulits that I have ever heard, seriously, he found 13 words to rhyme with critical, and I was only looking at the end of the bar not at any in-rhymes. The Cause of Death, the 4th Branch, and Bin Laden are good songs speaking the turth about how America is ran. I'll admit that Bin Laden, to me, is average, you could just take out the second first and IMO it would be better because it seems like he trials off. Anyways my point is that Technique has amzing skill that I have yet to see anyone surpass in one song let alone an album.

#43 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:15 PM

Devil, on Nov 26 2006, 03:12 PM, said:

Technique raps about things that are actully effect people
ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?

Just for that, you deserve no reply from me, im ******* done talking to you, your a joke.

#44 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:18 PM

Why does it not? Does he not talk about things that effect people? Did you even read anything else besides that because you might learn something.

#45 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:25 PM

You tell me that as if Wu-Tang doesn't ******* do that, Wu-Tang has much more of a impact and message than ******* Immortal Technique, but Wu knows how to be intellegent about it, you gotta read in between the lines sometimes, instead of being a dumbass who needs everything told to them word for word or else they won't get it. And OMG @ IT using In-Rhymes, wow thats crazy, never heard of a rapper doing that, and especially not multi's...I know GZA never even heard of those...

WOW @ You comparing the most legendary Hip-Hop group of all time to some dude from Harlem with a shitty flow and no albums that should EVER be considered 30% the way of being a classic...IT hasn't even gotten his skills down yet, dudes got so far to go before hes really good...I listen to him Live and hes amazing, but apparently in the booth, he ******* sucks; Yes, I said it.

Comparing Wu-Tang Clan and Immortal Technique is like a damn sin in my eyes...

Im amazed at this.

#46 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:12 PM

Sense when have ledgens ever ment anything to you? Tupac theres a ledgen that you like to say was nothing, is it possible that Wu-Tang is to me what Pac is to you? I've have yet to hear one Wu-Tang song that I listen to and I'm like "Damn thats good." Yes I do have them on my playlist but I don't go to them, if they come up then they come up, if they don't then it doesn't matter. And flow to me doesn't mean that much to me. Yes it does make it better when the flow is on but if it isn't then it don't matter to me, its about lyrics. And I'm not saying that Technique is the only one that uses multis and in-rhymes, but he does things that I've rarly heard.

"Every time I speak my mind I'm lyrically critical
The pinnacle of being revolutionarily pivotal"

as they are/where called in the battle rating thread in-in-rhymes.

"But obviously terminologies that are statistical"

In-rhymes that have nothing to do with the end rhyme.

I would do more but I have to go for a little but my point is to deny that Technique has no skill is, in my eyes, the same for me to compair Technique to the wu.

#47 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:12 PM

Sense when have ledgens ever ment anything to you? Tupac theres a ledgen that you like to say was nothing, is it possible that Wu-Tang is to me what Pac is to you? I've have yet to hear one Wu-Tang song that I listen to and I'm like "Damn thats good." Yes I do have them on my playlist but I don't go to them, if they come up then they come up, if they don't then it doesn't matter. And flow to me doesn't mean that much to me. Yes it does make it better when the flow is on but if it isn't then it don't matter to me, its about lyrics. And I'm not saying that Technique is the only one that uses multis and in-rhymes, but he does things that I've rarly heard.

"Every time I speak my mind I'm lyrically critical
The pinnacle of being revolutionarily pivotal"

as they are/where called in the battle rating thread in-in-rhymes.

"But obviously terminologies that are statistical"

In-rhymes that have nothing to do with the end rhyme.

I would do more but I have to go for a little but my point is to deny that Technique has no skill is, in my eyes, the same for me to compair Technique to the wu.

#48 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:31 PM

Tupac is not a legend.

#49 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:58 AM

This is all opinion, and you both have different ones, this topic was very close to being locked by me because at one point you two was ever so near to getting into a flame war but you pulled it back. Seriously flaming each other on opinions is something I don't expect a mod or a legend to do. Thankfully you both edged back to the debate at hand but if either one of you go off track to flame someone again I will report you without a second thought... In the new HHF rules it states "An opinion cannot be wrong" later it goes on to say flaming someone due to their opinion is a warnable offence.

Devil, to a certain extent I agree with Fate L. 50 Cent has talent, it' evident on his underground work before the fame in parts, on GRoDT, and on the Re-Up in parts, my beef with 50 is his consistency, he has it good one minute and then blows it slightly the next. In your opinion you think 50 Cent is talentless, IMO who are you, Fate L or me to judge. Where are our CD's? there not even created (in L's case fully anyway) and even when/if they are they will be bootlegs anyway. 50 Cent has talent and can Rap and you are not in a position to say he cannot. IMO it's fine to say you don't like the man or his music -or a certain part of it-, but your taking it to another level by saying he has no talent. Your just kidding yourself, it's obvious he does YOU just don't want to admit...

Fate, the same can be said with what you said about Yukmouth, I don't need to repeat the entire above paragraph, in your opinion he sucks, that does not make him talentless ETC.

The IT debate could go on forever, all I know is the guy has a flow problem and that personally puts me off. I like an even blend or Lyricism, Flow and standard or beat, and IMO IT does not produce that blend to my taste. Does that mean he sucks and is talentless? NO. I just don't like him... Nor do I like Yukmouth BTW for very similar reasons, though instead or flow it's his lyricism that is not to my taste.

IMO Wu-Tang, (mainly Meth, Rae, and Ghost,) are legends to the hip-hop, they have great flow and lyricism and the beats are so different to any other style out there. They revolutionised Hip-Hop iMO and took it to a place that only they can. Only built for cuban linx is my all time favourite album, yeah technically there are better but that album gave me everything I was looking for.(I havent heard much from the others to give a detailed opinion, though from what I've heard of GZA he does impress me.)

@ Devil IMO your to indulged into the underground to truely appreciate the mainstream side of things, that actually is good. I know you have mentioned there are a few that you will listen to, but it seems your not varied enough in hip-hop on a whole. One of the most important things in hip-hop that was mentioned by Fate L along time ago "Keep an open mind", you don't seem to enough of that, neither does Fate it would seem as much as he used to anymore... but that reigns true and needs to be considered, especially as a mod of this forum. The people who come here, and I've said this before will be listening to the guys you hate like 50. These people will be talking about the guys you hate like 50 cent... what good is it if all you say is "the guys a douche", way to make them feel welcome IMO. We can't afford to turn members away from this forum just because they don't listen to the things you do. I hope that you understand that discussing these artists with others is something you will need to do properly, I know your a good member and you have good knowledge, but your opinion sometimes needs to be expressed i na better way...

I've said all I wanted to say in this thread.

#50 Debrage

Debrage

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:19 AM

lol at you guys catchin feelings over rappers.

I've said it once what a critic is Fate L, I think both you guys feel you know what real rap is or sould be, both of you guys are comedians. I mean lets face it you guys are talkin about an urban genre, yet I'm sure both of you guys live and have always lived in middle class areas. How can you fully feel or relate to street music? Fate L you say 2pacs not a legend most likely cause you can't understand how real and raw his lyrics were, which for people who grew up poor/inner city means more then how complex they where. As far as Wu-tang, I love em but they are not as deep as you think, most of the "deep" stuff people don't/can't understand is "5%" ideology, hence why they call each other "God" and talk about "old earths" and ish like that. Google it Fate L if you don't know.

Devil face it I.T. is not a good rapper, a great lyricist Yes, a good rapper NO.

Well that sums it up you guys play nice now.