Technique or TI?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Whose better

Whose better

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:23 AM

BLOOMA, on Nov 27 2006, 04:58 AM, said:

IMO Wu-Tang, (mainly Meth, Rae, and Ghost,) are legends to the hip-hop, they have great flow and lyricism and the beats are so different to any other style out there. They revolutionised Hip-Hop iMO and took it to a place that only they can. Only built for cuban linx is my all time favourite album, yeah technically there are better but that album gave me everything I was looking for.(I havent heard much from the others to give a detailed opinion, though from what I've heard of GZA he does impress me.)
Damn straight.

#52 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:25 AM

Debrage, on Nov 27 2006, 05:19 AM, said:

lol at you guys catchin feelings over rappers.

I've said it once what a critic is Fate L, I think both you guys feel you know what real rap is or sould be, both of you guys are comedians. I mean lets face it you guys are talkin about an urban genre, yet I'm sure both of you guys live and have always lived in middle class areas. How can you fully feel or relate to street music? Fate L you say 2pacs not a legend most likely cause you can't understand how real and raw his lyrics were, which for people who grew up poor/inner city means more then how complex they where. As far as  Wu-tang, I love em but they are not as deep as you think, most of the "deep" stuff people don't/can't understand is "5%" ideology, hence why they call each other "God" and talk about "old earths" and ish like that. Google it Fate L if you don't know.

Devil face it I.T. is not a good rapper, a great lyricist Yes, a good rapper NO.

Well that sums it up you guys play nice now.
I use to listen to 2Pac and thought he was good, then I moved onto better rappers; thus realising how shitty he was.

Try again.

How can I fully feel street music? WOW...Ignorant post, and I don't need to explain why...You might aswell say since im not black I can't understand Hip-Hop.

Try again.

#53 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:38 AM

Fate L has a point Debrage there was no need to insult Fate because you think his argument with Devil was "Childish" (you hinted at that with "play nice"), he has an opinion and wants to be heard... infact I'd go to say Fate L is lould mouthed, but in here thats a good thing.

the ability to listen and understand music, and even relate to it, does not differ from place to place or wealth, the suburbs or middle class areas as you called them do not differ from the urban areas as far as people are concerned. There are still murders, drug addicts, poor people/rich people, and a general struggle that differs fro mperson to person. 2pac rapped about not having a father now you can relate to that nowhere you live or how wealthy you are as long as you don't have a dad, and even then it is still easy to relate to as you see people who have that issue so you could have a father and understand.

place = meaningless race = meaningless - What you can take from a song is the most important part, not where your from, truth be told if Raekwon raps about crack dealing that can be seen all the way from compton and the poor addicts on the street all the way to hollywood in LA. Where there are rich & high movie stars, so the topic can be related to by all...

I rest my case!

#54 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:44 AM

Word. ^ And its not where you grow up its how you grow up...I grew up in Sayville, Long Island, New York. Not a bad town, other than it being drug infested...My sister was on the verge of a full-blown crackhead, cops at my house nightly, hearing shit about gangs pissed at her from cops, and plus her beating my mom, sister and then my Dad hitting her around a few times...Not a nice enviorment to grow up in, so I was EASILY ****ed up just as much as somebody else who lived anywhere could be...Maybe not as ****ed up, but if you want to tell me living in a lower-middle class area means my life was perfect, wonderfull family, not a care in the world, then you've been mistaken.

#55 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:08 PM

Debrage, on Nov 29 2006, 11:19 AM, said:

yet I'm sure both of you guys live and have always lived in middle class areas. How can you fully feel or relate to street music?
Ok, I do actully live in a middle class area, but yet less than two blocks aways is a gettho that I occationaly go to. Plus my parents are basicly broke, I'm pretty sure my dad has to barrow money from his dying mom in order to pay the bills here so that we can live with a roof over our heads. I have an abusive brother, two parents that yell more than they talk. And like I already meantioned earlier little money. My dad probley makes less than minum wage selling crap on ebay, to feed, himself, me, my mom, my brother, my dog, and help put my sister through college. Plus a few times a week he needs to go see his mom how is an acholic and then he comes home and bitches and yells at my whole family while were eating dinner. My cousin, who is 16, last year tried to burn down her house in order to kill her family, and this year she gets pregnant. So yes I think I have an idea of what goes on.

#56 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:48 PM

Strike three...

Debrage...OUT!

#57 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 01 December 2006 - 06:49 PM

Why is this randomly getting bumped?

#58 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:30 AM

New invision sucks, maybe?

#59 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 02 December 2006 - 02:31 AM

whenever someone adds a vote to the poll without actually posting it still bumps the thread, the only way to stop it is to lock the topic.