• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:34 AM

Anyone getting one? I'm going out later today to pick up my 3DS. Gonna hit the sack, 'night all.

#2 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:45 AM

I had a go with one in my local Gamestop sotre, knowing the guys and gals behind the tills pays off :D

I have to say, I will not be getting one becasue it REALLY hurts my eyes with the 3d mode on. Plus, becasue I am partly colour blind, the merging of the picture will lead me to not seeing some details. :(

#3 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

That's ok. You can turn off the 3D. It really doesn't take away from the experience. I'm not big on the 3D itself, I'm just happy to have a DS that can produce better graphics now. The original DS was a great concept, but most games looked too old school and there were a lot of generic games from third parties. The 3DS is essentially the DS concept with more potential.

BTW, just picked my 3DS up and I'm loving it.

#4 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

I love the look of the new DS and the updated graphics/3d-screen, extra power, etc. The launch games and up coming games all look nice as well... I just think here in the UK it is a bit over priced.

For a decent package with a couple of games, etc. You're talking over £200 if you find a good deal on a good day. Most places it is just £200 for the 3DS itself which by current exchange rates is about $320, which is just rediculous. You can get a brand new 360 or PS3 for around that price, it wouldn't be a that much more with kinect/move either.

So yeah, I'm going to tough it out for a while I think. :\

#5 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:02 AM

I wanted to wait until Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D/Revelations or The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D came out before I buy a 3DS. However, there were two reasons why I chose to pick one up on release.

1. Given the success of the original DS, I figured it would sell out very quickly and may become difficult to find one. So I opted to pre-order one.

2. The most influential reason for getting a 3DS on release was because GameStop was offering a $100 trade-in value for my DSi XL. That would reduce the $249.99 3DS price tag to $149.99. Plus, I already had like $70+ in-store credit on my GameStop Rewards Card which only required me to pay around $80 on the day of release out of pocket.

Amazon.com is actually offering a $25 credit toward a qualifying 3DS game with pre-order of a Nintendo 3DS. Originally, I pre-ordered two Nintendo 3DS systems from GameStop. One for me, and one for my brother. I cancelled his and had his $100.00 pre-order money transferred to my pre-order. Essentially it brought my total to $49.99 and was taxed on $49.99 since $200.00 were from trade-ins of two DSi XLs. I saved some cash being taxed less and I opted to pre-order a 3DS for my brother from Amazon. Now he's getting a 3DS for $149.99 (because of the $100 I borrowed from his GameStop cancelled pre-order) and he's getting a $25 credit toward Super Street Fighter IV 3D. I actually saved him some cash because with Amazon you don't get taxed, and now he's paying $15.00 for a discounted Street Fighter IV game.

#6 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

I've been thinking about picking one up when he times. There is not many games I want right now for the 3Ds. I think I'm going to wait for Sonic 3DS before making any decisions. Either way I'm going to end up with one.