Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

• Code-X Member
  • 2,306 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:23 AM

Seeing the first disaster, next year they really need to consider a company change, like EA, or a company with a solid reputation, I really want them to sign with activition, they have a good rep to me and can make the series a lot better than crappy midway's version........

#2 Shyseven

Shyseven

...by way of detailed programmatic specificity.

• Code-X Member
  • 4,354 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:25 AM

I do hope that they stop making them while they can. If they really want sales, why can't they actually make a good game?

#3 KrossFire

KrossFire

• Code-X Member
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:32 AM

Because they can't make wise decisions, They really should've studied the SVR series and learned from them..........

#4 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:53 AM

Not EA... with them we will be getting the same thing with one brand new feature!!! :woot: <_<

My mind is really boggled at the moment, but I say give it to AKI. Everyone has been asking for a new game by them, so what's there to lose?

#5 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:58 AM

I only played my TNA for 360 once and it was just rubbish, i want to trade it back but they will only give me 21 pounds.

But i think they should move to Activision but who are AKI?

#6 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:33 AM

The people who made the No Mercy Game.

#7 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:54 AM

lol, how is EA any better then Midway??? EA dishes out the same ******* Madden game every year, and hopefully you recall all the horrible WCW games they made. TNA signed a 2-3 year deal with Midway so there most likely making 1-2 more games for them. Hopefully they learned something about this failure and make the next one good, we learned that Midway can't lie as good as Yukes.

#8 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

View PostSharpy93, on Oct 31 2008, 09:33 AM, said:

The people who made the No Mercy Game.
If that was the game where you can create a move then go for it TNA.

#9 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:33 PM

EA & Activision are the best. Madden 09 is AMAZING. Skate. killed Tony Hawk. Dead Space was great. Mirrors Edge is getting big hype too.

#10 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:44 PM

No one really plays madden here but EA always dish out a great FIFA game every year and Skate rocked my world, SOmething new.

#11 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:17 PM

Midway lost a lot of money and canceled two licenses because of the garbage game, tna Impact. Midway is pretty close to going bankrupt. I really doubt they will be making another tna game.

#12 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:33 PM

View PostSharpy93, on Oct 31 2008, 06:53 AM, said:

Not EA... with them we will be getting the same thing with one brand new feature!!! :woot: <_<

My mind is really boggled at the moment, but I say give it to AKI. Everyone has been asking for a new game by them, so what's there to lose?
*Hears someone mention AKI and comes running.*

I'm the resident AKI whore here, so when someone mentions AKI is it a surprise that I rear my head? lol

Anyway, as I've said myself many times over, I would really love to see AKI (now known as syn Sophia, inc.) get back into making wrestling games. The engine they had was almost perfect, I mean they were even able to make a great series out of the Def Jam license with a modified version of it. So getting a current gen AKI wrestling game would be amazingly awesome.

The only problem is that I don't think they publish their own games for the most part so we'd still need a publisher so EA could still rear it's ugly head, though I doubt AKI would want to work with them again after being dumped to save money and because they were smug enough to think their crappy in house developers could do better.

If Midway were smart they'd try and contract AKI themselves rather than saying they were their inspiration, which I just don't see at all, and smooth things over with TNA and let AKI work their magic. They'd make more than enough money off the sales because old AKI fans would pick it up even if they weren't fans of TNA.

#13 KrossFire

KrossFire

• Code-X Member
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:26 PM

AKI really would be great for TNA seeing THQ/Yukes think they're dominant in their only successful game ever, since everything else they've ever made has failed........

#14 .Truth

.Truth

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:24 PM

idc who makes the next game as long as its quite better then this one

#15 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:59 PM

View Postʞ r o s s F i r ǝ, on Nov 1 2008, 11:26 PM, said:

AKI really would be great for TNA seeing THQ/Yukes think they're dominant in their only successful game ever, since everything else they've ever made has failed........
And that would have failed to if it didnt have WWE on the cover.

#16 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:30 PM

View Postʞ r o s s F i r ǝ, on Oct 31 2008, 10:32 AM, said:

Because they can't make wise decisions, They really should've studied the SVR series and learned from them..........

Good idea they should learn that:

1. Do not add Commentary
2. Add simple controls
3. Don't use Copy and Paste for everything
3. Don't make the game slow

If they studied the SvR the game would be worser then it was. If they studied games like HCTP and No Mercy then they might had made a good game. Overal:

Studied a good game TNA + HCTP/No Mercy = Maybe a good game
Studied a bad game TNA + SvR 06,07,08 = A bad game.

So maybe they already studied a bad game.

IMO people buy SvR because it says WWE and has someone on roids on the front cover.

Front Cover = WWE Logo + Some wrestler with large muscles lol im not on roids. = $$$

Edited by Socom, 02 November 2008 - 05:33 PM.

#17 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:53 PM

View PostHart JR, on Nov 2 2008, 05:59 PM, said:

View Postʞ r o s s F i r ǝ, on Nov 1 2008, 11:26 PM, said:

And that would have failed to if it didnt have WWE on the cover.

Posted Image

Sorry, had to do it. But you're dead wrong. Do not underestimate the power AKI has with it's fans. Do you think the success of the Def Jam series came from it's premise? Hell no! I thought the premise was goofy at first and so did many others, wrestling rappers? Who would think that'd be good? I really had little interest in it, and was very cynical about how it'd be. Then I came across the info that mentioned who was developing it, AKI. I saw that and the game became an instant buy for me.

There are even more hardcore AKI fans than I, so if that was my reaction, guaranteed tons upon tons of other AKI fans reacted much in the same way. The mere fact that AKI was the developers sold those games. As proof all you have to do is look at what happened with Def Jam Icon when people found out that AKI was replaced, it sold like crap. Of course, it didn't help that the game itself was complete garbage, but EA lost huge amounts of sales as soon as AKI was announced to have been replaced.

AKI fans, without a doubt, would have bought TNA iMPACT on day one if it were developed by AKI. Even people who generally disliked TNA would have bought it if they were fans of AKI. I guarantee it would have been a huge success.

#18 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

There downfall was promising too much, making us believe that this was going to save the wrestling game franchise, they blew it during there IGN Interview stating that every feature they promised wasn't in because they ran out of time, and that they were "looking into it" for future titles. Like Rob said all they had to do was study the best WWF/E games and learn from what they did wrong.

#19 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:20 AM

Why did they not just delay the game and add everything they wanted. Yes delaying a game would have pissed of the fans but in the long run the game would have been better.

#20 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:37 AM

View PostSocom, on Nov 3 2008, 10:20 AM, said:

Why did they not just delay the game and add everything they wanted. Yes delaying a game would have pissed of the fans but in the long run the game would have been better.
I'm pretty sure Midway is really struggling now to stay afloat, so I'm guessing they were hoping to make some quick cash with the game. Anyway, considering that it took them two years to do this, I wouldn't expect them to be able to do much better without another couple years of development.

#21 .Truth

.Truth

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 09:43 AM

It really is sad that it took them two years just to make 'that'. The game sucked 3 times as much as any SvR game and they had twice as long to make it then SvR

#22 paynexkiller

paynexkiller

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:05 PM

Bah bah bah, talk to yourself.

It's a damn decent game, and they've aleady signed up for a couple more games.

#23 KrossFire

KrossFire

• Code-X Member
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

View Postpaynexkiller, on Nov 3 2008, 05:05 PM, said:

Bah bah bah, talk to yourself.

It's a damn decent game, and they've aleady signed up for a couple more games.

the game wasn't bad but it could've been alot better than expected, that's why they should seek AKI for true arcade-style gaming because right now this is like a SVR only without too much grappling........

#24 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:58 PM

View Postʞ r o s s F i r ǝ, on Nov 3 2008, 11:45 PM, said:

the game wasn't bad but it could've been alot better than expected, that's why they should seek AKI for true arcade-style gaming because right now this is like a SVR only without too much grappling........
Well, I'd rather AKI not made it arcade style, but if it did play like Def Jam Vendetta or Fight for New York, I wouldn't complain too much since they still played amazingly. But for straight up wrestling games, I rather them play less arcade style, pretty much the original AKI titles (i.e. No Mercy) with updated graphics and the speed somewhere between what it was in Vendetta and FFNY.