#1 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:46 AM

A friend of mine and I had a pretty interesting conversation tonight about what, if anything, is beyond our universe. My friend started out by asking me a question, "Do you think our universe has an end?" I responded "I'm not sure, I would think that it would." So he continue to ask me what was beyond that, if our universe has an end then what is it? I told him I didn't know, so he told me what a theory he had was. His theory was basically, if at the end of our universe is an infinite amount of space, and in that infinite space what if there would be an infinite amount of universes. So if the whole "If you give a monkey a type writer he will eventually type out every piece of literature ever made" saying is true, then you could assume that in those infinite universes there has to be some that are just like ours. That living in some of those universes are copies of us, living there lives just like you, with minor tweaks, or you living a completely different life and lifestyle. And at the same time there could be many universes where everything is completely different. And not just within how society functions, but life within itself. They could potentially have different elements, the different ways that we could of evolved ect. There is literally an infinite amount of possible things that could change, from the small things, to the biggest things.

After he started talking to me, I sort of had a different theory on what could be beyond our universe. My friend and I have had quite a few conversations about time, does it exist, and what time actually is in the literal term, and what it means in a metaphysical term (for those who don't know what metaphysical means, its basically talking about how we seem to have a preconceived notion of what time is that we create mentally). Then the other day he asked me "What do you think it would be like to live in nothing? Where there is no time, and you're just basically floating in nothing forever." So I thought about what, what if a world like that exists outside of the universe. Just like every time ceases to exist outside, and we are the only thing to exist in a world that is literally surrounded nothing.

So what are your thoughts on these two theories? Do you agree with one more than the other? Or do you have your own theory? Please share.

#2 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:51 AM

Well I think the universe won't end because it'd be merely impossible. If it did end we wouldn't see what the future will hold. That's all I can think of.

#3 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:45 AM

Can you explain that more? It sounds interesting.

#4 Yournext

Yournext

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,533 posts
  • Location:If you want to come home with me,you'll have to buy me a drink first

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

Our Universe's ends are about 13-14 billion light years away. It is expanding every moment. The big question is - if our universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?

Now THAT's a brain ****.

#5 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

I got dizzy trying to think...

#6 TeryoLaw

TeryoLaw

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

MC Coemgen, have you ever done shrooms?

#7 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

Outside our universe is a universe full of nothing but penises. Bank on it.

#8 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

This stuff is mind boggling. I got a headache from thinking about it, no lie my head hurts now. :(

lol.

Maybe, this stuff is too advanced for the human brain to even grasp the concept of this all. What if there's knowledge in our universe that human's can't comprehend. I hope you guys get what I mean, I'm not a very good explainer.

#9 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:55 PM

View PostMC Coemgen, on 11 October 2010 - 09:45 AM, said:

Can you explain that more? It sounds interesting.
Well not really because it's kind of complexed but it's not possible for the universe to end. Even though as Yournext said it's expanding, it won't blow up, disappear, etc.

#10 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:16 PM

View PostYournext, on 11 October 2010 - 10:28 AM, said:

Our Universe's ends are about 13-14 billion light years away. It is expanding every moment. The big question is - if our universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?

Now THAT's a brain ****.

Well, what if it is just expanding into the nothingness. Our universe could be filling that void that is the infinite, timeless place that I was talking about. I know its hard to wrap your mind around the idea of absolutely nothing, but once you can somehow understand that concept it makes sense. Then sir, it truly becomes a mind ****, as you so put.

View PostTeryoLaw, on 11 October 2010 - 02:34 PM, said:

No. But I want to really bad, lol. I do smoke pot every day, and multiple times in a day. And this conversation was started up as we were smoking a bowl at midnight starring at the stars. We have many conversations like this when we do that.

#11 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:21 PM

So our universe of nothing is filling up a void of nothing?

#12 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:26 PM

But there is actually something occupying that space. They call it dark energy.

#13 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:59 AM

View PostMC Coemgen, on 11 October 2010 - 04:16 PM, said:

I do smoke pot every day, and multiple times in a day.
Tsk Tsk.

#14 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:18 AM

View PostMC Coemgen, on 11 October 2010 - 11:26 PM, said:

Sooo in laments term....nothing.

#15 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

View PostDday141, on 12 October 2010 - 05:18 AM, said:

Well technically, no. Because that something, is still occupying that space, and time still affects you while you're in space, just at a much slower pace then here on earth. I'm talking about something that literally has nothing in it. Where time does not affect you while you're there. That is what I'm talking about.

#16 TeryoLaw

TeryoLaw

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

View PostMC Coemgen, on 11 October 2010 - 04:16 PM, said:

View PostTeryoLaw, on 11 October 2010 - 02:34 PM, said:

No. But I want to really bad, lol. I do smoke pot every day, and multiple times in a day. And this conversation was started up as we were smoking a bowl at midnight starring at the stars. We have many conversations like this when we do that.
Beautiful man... Beautiful. :')

Well. This is a bit long, but. Perhaps this man could provide an interesting theory for you. If you haven't heard of it yet, that is.

YouTube video link

David Icke at the Brixton Academy. A very interesting seminary about many things regarding society, reality, politics. In the particular part that I linked he talks about a theory about reality that has become quite popular in later years. Some believes it may be the next paradigm shift.

The theory would explain your question as "We are all part of the same consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, and the possibilities of that consciousness are endless. Therefore space is endless". If you think it's interesting, check out the entire seminar. He talks about pretty trippy stuff.

#17 DLT

DLT

Thanks to Simon for the Avatar

• Code-X Legend
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:23 PM

View PostYournext, on 11 October 2010 - 10:28 AM, said:

Now THAT's a brain ****.

Objects in space are moving a part, as in, there is an increasing amount of space between them (or atleast, they are further from us) but the actual vacuum of nothingness called space is not expanding, atleast not in any sort of way we could currently measure to find out. ;)

So for all know "space" is indeed infinite.

Though, I have no idea if it is infinite or not... or what could be beyond it if its not. I usually have a pretty good imagination, but this just... boggles my mind.

#18 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

View PostMC Coemgen, on 12 October 2010 - 11:23 AM, said:

View PostDday141, on 12 October 2010 - 05:18 AM, said:

Well technically, no. Because that something, is still occupying that space, and time still affects you while you're in space, just at a much slower pace then here on earth. I'm talking about something that literally has nothing in it. Where time does not affect you while you're there. That is what I'm talking about.
So something that has nothing in it is considered something? So if I fill a make believe room of nothing with nothing the room is now something? Boy, this is making Dday go lulz

Edited by Dday141, 12 October 2010 - 01:27 PM.

#19 DLT

DLT

Thanks to Simon for the Avatar

• Code-X Legend
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:36 PM

Well, they theorize that something is occupying that space. Dark matter/dark energy is a name given to a theoretical force that they think may be powering the constant moving apart of object in space.

It is called "dark" because it is entirely unseeable and undetectable, and thus unprovable. And if you ask me, it is one of science's currently more farfetched ideas.