18 replies to this topic

#1 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:30 PM

they gave everyone the same two moves for each running grapple, Austin has the same damn taunt for all 4 slots.. they gave RVD a crappy reanimated Rolling Thunder and left the old one out of his moveset (when it's still there, and better, just renamed Rolling Senton)..

The preset movesets suck too, but that's no surprise.. my only legitimite complaint right now is that I have to go through EVERYONES moveset to change moves because they gave people the same stuff.. Austin has Lou Thez Press as a finisher and a running grapple.. REALLY? whoever did these must of been in such a rush..

just had to let out this annoyance.. I know, we can change them, it's not a big deal.. but it's so god damn irritating.. why even have two running grapple slots if your going to put the same god damn move in each of them.

otherwise, this games teh greatest yo.. Cole is annoying me with his "VINTAGE" remarks but I guess it's true to life.. and.. one too many interferences in Universe.. but iz awl gewd.

#2 Showtime

Showtime

the show goes on

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,622 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Administrator
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:33 AM

Yeah I noticed that too... In the few matches I've played, seems like every moveset is so generic. Rey Mysterio has a bunch of generic cruiserweight moves I've never seen him do and it seems the total amount of moves each guy has now has is less. The game is still good, love the new selection screen, makes it feel like an arcade fighting game lol. But yeah, movesets were definitely not focused on this time around.

#3 The Warning

The Warning

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 495 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:48 AM

Hell yeah! They freggin' suck. they always take out moves that are good. For example, Kane. Kane still uses the side walk slam from behind & the irish whip. That's gone. They took out all 3 versions of his throat thrusts (One from the strike & the two from the grapple position), and his Kane Strikes in the corner. So I couldn't make his real move set if I wanted too, & it's not like he doesn't uses those moves today, because he does. I can see why they took out his powerbomb, Lifting & Toss & his old chokeslam because he doesn't use those any more but they still have Batista's Lifting & Toss which he no longer uses. And then in all of Kane's chain grapples,all four slots were the same, two running grapples that were the same, two finishers that were the same and two signatures that were the same..... which reminds me..... WHY THE F*CK did they get rid of the old oklahoma slam (The one where they lift you with one arm and slam you with one arm)? But it's cool, it just sucks that they took out so many moves that are still being used & missed. Don't mean to sound like a complainy b*tch.... But overall the game is facking great yo!

Edited by The Warning, 27 October 2010 - 08:00 AM.

#4 Future WHC

Future WHC

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:11 PM

Why does David Hart Smith use that crappy back slam move? That is a signature attack at best. I thought he did that running powerslam. :(

#5 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

I just realized they got rid of Austins taunts except the middle finger. That's why he has all the same ones in each D-Pad.

And I was just praying for a struggle tazzmission, turns out there isn't ANY form of it. Not even the crappy 3 second one.

But on a positive note, chain grappling is like the best gameplay improvement we've seen in a long long time.

#6 The Warning

The Warning

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 495 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:33 PM

I noticed they took out Big Show's chokeslam....... WHY? Who the **** made the moves & I hope we can download some moves cuz most of them SUCK!

#7 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:19 AM

Yeah, they took out a CRAPLOAD of moves. I didn't go through much as I was just playing through Jericho's RTWM, but I tried to go through Jericho's moveset and got so frustrated when they took out his Lionsult as I wanted to use that for a sig. I was like wtf. And in one of his chain grapples, there are 4 damn suplexs. Didn't go through the other movesets yet but it sounds like I'm going to have to edit ALL of them.

#8 The Warning

The Warning

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 495 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

View PostDday141, on 28 October 2010 - 05:19 AM, said:

Yeah, they took out a CRAPLOAD of moves. I didn't go through much as I was just playing through Jericho's RTWM, but I tried to go through Jericho's moveset and got so frustrated when they took out his Lionsult as I wanted to use that for a sig. I was like wtf. And in one of his chain grapples, there are 4 damn suplexs. Didn't go through the other movesets yet but it sounds like I'm going to have to edit ALL of them.
Same here bro. I was trying to give Y2J his lionsault & enziguri to only see they were removed. I really hope they put out a DLC move pack or something. I'd pay the extra money to have better moves. I'm worried about next year's move-set now. What they gonna do? Have one move for each category?

Edited by The Warning, 29 October 2010 - 08:52 PM.

#9 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:00 PM

THEY REMOVED THE MANDIBLE CLAW.

ASSHOLES.

#10 The Warning

The Warning

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 495 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

Lol, you used that move huh?

#11 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:52 PM

I just finished an amazing Mankind CAW.. so yeah I'm disappointed.

#12 Stoneheart

Stoneheart

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:08 AM

Yeah, the movesets are definitely rushed jobbed, errh. I had to fix Taker's set a bit, a boston crab, really ?
Hell, his hell's gate wasn't even used as a finisher, I had to put it back in. I kept his chokeslam and added the last ride as a signature as well. I'll probably fix the rest later. A Lou Thesz finisher for Austin, really ?! Those *******s !! If I was the main creative honcho for this series I'd take an entire year to make it, no rush jobs, fix the bugs and update the roster as time passed. I also just love how they keep taking things out and adding shit that doesn't need to be there, errhh. This Bryan Williams dude said they listened to the fans on what they wanted, he must've listened to the wrong bunch of people because they suck.

And since we're on the subject about "these fans", who are they, where are they and why did THQ(The Horse's Qwats) listened to them in the first place ? Ok, enough of the rantology up here just needed to purge out the sickness, yeah that hits the 'ol liver spot, hehehe.

I approve this message and all of it's contents, sponsored by The Committee For Better Smackdown
Games. Anyone who doesn't approve this message will most likely be spammed to death and can kindly
go f**% themselves. Thank you and have a nice day ! :lol:

#13 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

^ Disregarding what the last paragraph says....

THQ dont really get a say on how long they want to work on it. WWE says next year, halloween holidays, thats the date they have to have 2012 ready for, half done or not.

This is one of, if not the best way that THQ is funded, and keeps the money rolling into the WWE aswell.

Im pleased with the game so far, but yeah, there are a lot of moves gone, I mean to go from 6 Shining Wizards to one was a right kick in the gonads. So many DDTs missing too, but the majority you can make in CAF.

#14 The Warning

The Warning

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 495 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

View PostMakaveli, on 29 October 2010 - 09:52 PM, said:

I just finished an amazing Mankind CAW.. so yeah I'm disappointed.
lol, that sucks. That's like making a Undertaker CAW & not having a Tombstone, Last Ride or Chokeslam.

#15 Future WHC

Future WHC

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 286 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

The game itself may look great and all, but them removing these well known moves. Well... it's criminal. :(

#16 The Warning

The Warning

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 495 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:04 PM

Exactly. The game itself is great but the moves are pathetic.

#17 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:24 AM

View PostFuture WC, on 27 October 2010 - 01:11 PM, said:

Why does David Hart Smith use that crappy back slam move? That is a signature attack at best. I thought he did that running powerslam. :(
The saito suplex is one of the most awesome moves ever, THQ's animaion does not do it justice.

#18 Future WHC

Future WHC

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:51 PM

I've been playing it on/off all day. I'm not particularly finding it exciting on 1 player mode as the wrestlers don't fight back very often. I changed it to Hard but it's still quite boring and there's no challenge.

I used the feature to get all the content right away as I was finding it difficult in parts. Other than the rather cool RTWM modes which I'm slowly getting through, not much has changed since WWE SvR 2010. There's some rather neat features, but I keep thinking B is for picking up your opponent, as the stick used to be used for a pin attempt. And by the way, that locker room fight with Kidd and DHS is totally annoying. :P

Graphics are awesome as always, but a few wrestlers didn't look quite right. Cody Rhodes looked horrible. His entrance wasn't the one he does on TV where he looks at his reflection. I'm not sure if that's because he didn't start doing that until around July or something, but his entrance looks too generic and it's simply not on how tag champions don't enter the ring together. I really like it when they come down with Natalya but because they have both belts, this will not work. You can't de-unify the belts. At least I didn't succeed.

There's a few other things I noticed. You cannot call your wrestlers names like Benjamin or Kyle anymore. Other than that, the game won't be ignored when you find people to play it with! :)

#19 Kevin Crow

Kevin Crow

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

You can't deunify them, but there are the seperated World TT and WWE TT titles as unlockables. Give the Unified ones two CAWs you don't want to use (two standart spots) and take the unlocked seperated titles.