WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 Private Server possible??

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Bing2008

Bing2008

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hey guys,

I was wondering is it possible for someone to create a private server for Smackdown vs Raw 2007 on the PS2, seeing as the official server has now been shut down.

I know other console games have private servers, like Phantasy Star Online, Tony Hawks underground 1 & 2, Tony Hawks American Wasteland. You have to change your PS2's primary and secondary DNS inorder to connect to these private servers. Does anyone know if this would be possible for Smackdown vs Raw 2007 ??

#2 XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:19 AM

I was interested in the same thing, if you know a bit about Protocols on PS2 games that would be a big plus, seeing as though we would need someone to run a server for us to redirect the "old" server to go to the "new" server, I mean it can be done but it takes a great deal of Emulation Knowledge and I don't mean the Nintendo 64 Emulators some of you play on... On video game consoles as you start up the game it's emulates what is to happen next, this way you don't have to wait 10-15 minutes to get from one screen to the next, so what this means is this....

We would need someone who knows how to manipulate 07's Software Emulation, meaning we would be basically changing all of 07, lol

It's a lot of work, but I am definitely up for it if I have a half way decent team to help me xD...

Also on a side note if we DO go through with it, then I feel whoever runs the new server should completely diminish the ranked matches make them all un-ranked this way no one DCes, lol

-----EDIT-----

I just found the Domain name for 07, LOL

Domain Name.......... svr-07.com

So if ANYONE knows how to manipulate the 07 server, redirect that domain elsewhere to a different server. Here is what I mean:

*IF* you know how to manipulate you can do a work around on the server registries to redirect them like this:

Domain Name: svr-07.com
Server Directory: DemonWare Industries (You'd need to re-direct this to somewhere else it is simple HTML code that they used to hide the servers address, which isn't hard to get.)

Also note this would need to be taken care of as well:

Name Server.......... dns1.name-services.com
Name Server.......... dns2.name-services.com
Name Server.......... dns3.name-services.com
Name Server.......... dns4.name-services.com
Name Server.......... dns5.name-services.com

You have to remember 07 runs on 5 different servers, 2 in Canada, 2 in Europe and 1 in California, the thing is, I don't know which is 1st,2nd,3rd, and so on...

But that is how *easy* it would be to manipulate the 07 servers, with the exception of someone actually being able to re-write how 07 handled the server authentication. xD LOL

But it can be done, it would just take some work.

-----EDIT-----

Ok, Last edit then I will double post, lol, I wonder if a Private Server can be mad the same way as it was for WoW for the PC? I mean it is the same general concept just different variables and different servers.... HHHMMMMM

Also, here is a scale if you want to run the server off of a dormant PC:

128K uplink = 2 players
256k uplink = 4 players
320k uplink = 6 players
512k uplink = 9 players
768k uplink = 14 players
1024k uplink = 19 players
1140k uplink = 21 players
1708k uplink = 32 players

The numbers on the left represent your upload speed, while the numbers on the right are how many players you can host on a P3 700MHz CPU w/ 192 MB of Ram, My U/L speed at the moment is only 350KB/s so I can't run a server until I move to my new place with faster net, also, remember, if you are running a server it is better to get a Static IP address from your ISP.

So Who here wants to be able t play 07 online again?!

If you answered yes, and you have the ability to "buy" a server ot even know how to get a server that would be sweet, because I am telling you now, *IF* I make the server on my own, I will be POed if people start hacking and BSing on MY server -_- I'm just putting that out there.

Anyways, we are gonna need a team here, the more the merry, so can I get a "holla" from my fellow "G33Kz"

Edited by DieHard, 13 February 2009 - 01:00 PM.

#3 MiNdLeSS_SouL

MiNdLeSS_SouL

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:50 PM

i don't think they're anyone on this site who knows how to do that.

#4 XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:18 PM

I know how to do it, I just don't want to do it alone, lol, I made 3 private servers for World of Warcaft, sometimes I think I have to much free time on my hands =/

#5 ChrisD

ChrisD

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 409 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

im up 4 dis i wanna do it

#6 SoulStorm64

SoulStorm64

A.K.A PΣℜøxwђy?ĢΣИ

• Code-X Member
  • 793 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

heck ill help cause i'm not playing 09 online

#7 XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

Do any of you have somewhat a little bit of PC knowledge?

What I man by that is do you know the difference between a Static IP and a Dynamic IP address? I mean making a server for 07 would be the easy part, just making it so everyone can get on would be the problem.

Hence why we would need all 5 servers. And based on your connection is how the server would decide how many people it can handle at one time, so you look at it in an achromatic way: Every user on the PS2 uses around 25-40KB/s of upload bandwidth, so, you would have to look at it from that type of format. So if you had 4 people on the same server that would be the equivalent of using either 100KB/s or 160KB/s.

I know I am throwing a lot out at you guys at once, but I want you to have a feel for just how much of a pain it can be, I mean when the servers are up it's pretty much smooth sailing xD But until the server(s) go up it's a constant uphill battle.

Also, who here actually has availability to get a paid server? Because a paid server is always guaranteed to be there unless you don't pay your bill, or you terminate the service, much like THQ did to us.

Free servers work but sometimes they can get laggy at peak times, but like any internet application, it's always a gamble xD

Edited by DieHard, 13 February 2009 - 07:32 PM.

#8 MiNdLeSS_SouL

MiNdLeSS_SouL

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

how much would it cost?

#9 SoulStorm64

SoulStorm64

A.K.A PΣℜøxwђy?ĢΣИ

• Code-X Member
  • 793 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

the bad thing is that i am currently unimployed at the moment but i would think that a free server would be a good thing.
for the time being.

#10 XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:56 PM

Cost varies, usually about $30 extra a month per server, but they do have free servers, just have to find them.

#11 ChrisD

ChrisD

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 409 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:25 PM

Well if you can get the free servers i'm all in because well i'm 99% sure my stupid "parents" would pay for it.

#12 MiNdLeSS_SouL

MiNdLeSS_SouL

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:06 AM

ok,how y'all going get 07 to work on these servers?

#13 XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

I feel like I am to damn smart sometimes, but Rod this is how it would work:

You would have to make a brand new connection for connecting to the server, everything would be automatic, except for the DNS servers, that is the only way I can think to fool 07 without literally making a proof copy of 07 with altered material on it.

This is how you would do it:

Lets say your IP Address is set to Auto on the Network Setup on your PS2, next you would go into the DNS Server section and click on Manual and would put in some acronyms like these:

THOSE ARE NOT THE ADDRESSES TO USE!

I just put those there to show you guys what I meant.

-------------------------------

What we need is a test server of some sort, this way before anyone invests any money into it, we would know if that specific server would work.

-------------------------------------------------

I'll give a run down of what you need to run your own "server":

Requirements

1. ISP
2. a PC with Linux(Most Reliable)/Windows(A Pain in the Ass)/Mac(Kinda Iffy)

See it only really requires 2 things to work, so onto the run down:

You have you PC hooked up to the Internet, with a small application running in the background that is sharing your internet with everyone on 07. But, if your PC turns off, then the server turns off, that is why it is recommended to run a server on a PC that is just sitting around.

A server doesn't require much to run, I ran a private Server for World of Warcraft on a 400MHz PC with 192MB of Ram, and that server ran perfectly fin, less than 5ms latency, which on 07 are latency is about 8-9ms.

One thing to keep in mind, most ISP's don't want to give you a static IP address from the get go mainly because they know that you are running a server, and they don't exactly know what you are running it for. In my experiences though, AT&T has an "Open Port" policy meaning they can assign you a Static IP address at the time you start your services with them.

You can run a server on a Dynamic IP Address, but it is significantly less reliable, while a Static IP Address is basically all data Streamed to you and from you, 2 way traffic only, on a Dynamic IP it is multiple Traffic Collision, around 4-6 at one time.

I know the more I put on about running a server I know it probably intimidates some of you, and that is OK, I was scared to death when I first endeavored in making a Private Server. the after I did it, I wanted more, so I got into Video Game Programming.

So today I am going to be looking at some free servers and see if I can't get one that will just support around 6-8 players at the moment, and if it will let me get online with 07 then I'll dget us all back on there.

Edited by DieHard, 14 February 2009 - 11:25 AM.

#14 Bing2008

Bing2008

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

DieHard, on Feb 14 2009, 05:24 PM, said:

You would have to make a brand new connection for connecting to the server, everything would be automatic, except for the DNS servers, that is the only way I can think to fool 07 without literally making a proof copy of 07 with altered material on it.

This is how you would do it:

Lets say your IP Address is set to Auto on the Network Setup on your PS2, next you would go into the DNS Server section and click on Manual and would put in some acronyms like these:

This is exactly how I connect to the Tony Hawks private servers, by changing the DNS numbers on the Network Setup, it's very easy to do. Creating a private server now that's the hard part lol. Good luck DieHard

#15 NWOHH

NWOHH

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

It might be an idea to emulate it online pcsx2 then look at network traffic and requests.
http://forums.ngemu....ne-guide-1.html
http://www.winpcap.org/
If you an "plugins/DEV9giga_razi.dll: 5 or 126" error in the console window when trying to configure download packet.dll from WinPcap Bug Reports then place it into your Pcsx2 root folder.

Edited by NWOHH, 14 February 2009 - 03:38 PM.

#16 ChrisD

ChrisD

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:32 PM

Waaaaa???? Lmao you guys lost me lol

#17 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:52 PM

Id be interested in doing this for the experience as my experience in PCs is limited. I think i can get a hold of another PC tower possibly too. All it needs is some TLC though.

#18 XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

Now we are talking xD any insight on the THPS Private Servers? Were they free servers or Paid servers?

#19 ChrisD

ChrisD

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:31 PM

i dont nooo lol

#20 Bing2008

Bing2008

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:33 AM

DieHard, on Feb 15 2009, 03:27 AM, said:

Now we are talking xD any insight on the THPS Private Servers? Were they free servers or Paid servers?

Hey DieHard,

I'm not sure if the THPS private servers are free servers or paid servers; probably paid but I'm not sure.

Here's the link for the website

http://thps.it.cx/

Edit = I think they are paid servers because there's an option on the home page to donate money.

Edited by Bing2008, 15 February 2009 - 07:39 AM.

#21 MiNdLeSS_SouL

MiNdLeSS_SouL

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:07 AM

This could work,but don't y'all got to make lobbys & stuff?oyea to keep the newbs off just don't tell them about it lol

#22 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:20 AM

I was accually reading about creation of Game Servers. I am not so sure about PS2 Game Servers but if it works kind of the same way then people can be banned on them. So monitoring it by banning cheaters. I can be classed as a noob not becuase i spam moves or whatever but becuase i just totally suck at the game online :lol:

So saying the term noobs isn't to me totally acurate id say more along the lines of cheap players. Aside from that i aggree if there isn't away to ban people that do that then might be best to keep it private, but then this is where the problem of acuall fair players may not get in becuase someone doesn't know weather they are fair or not.

#23 MiNdLeSS_SouL

MiNdLeSS_SouL

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:36 AM

ya that what i mean,if someone not good i don't consider them a newb,but if they cheat to win then they are one.It be easy to ban to lol.I dont know if this will work for a ps2 game,but heres a link to make your own game server thing.You will need someone with a good broadband connection for this server hosting.I say 100mbps should do the job.One more thing,if y'all put the ban thing on the server,make it where 1st time they hack they get ban & if they cheap the get a 1 warning before they get ban.That keep them from being newbs

http://www.spawnpoin...ame_server.html

Edited by ..l..xRODx..l.., 15 February 2009 - 08:46 AM.

#24 XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

XFIXiNlFX .aka. DieHard

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:25 AM

Rod, the typical internet connection is barely 5-10MB/s 100's of MBs per second.... I'm not talking about super computers! LOL

---EDIT---

And about cheating online, a big big NO NO >.< and I will find away to stop the move hacks I don't really care about *minor* move mods, I just hate seeing caws using the gore as a regular strike.

---Click the link in my signature to check out the early beta of my First person Shooter xD---

Edited by DieHard, 15 February 2009 - 04:52 PM.

#25 ॐﮢ ҜĢ¤ וּלقۗ*

ॐﮢ ҜĢ¤ וּלقۗ*

♦ The Prince ♦

• Code-X Legend
  • 14,938 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:59 AM

DieHard, I just wanted to congratz you for your work, Nice jobe on this.