Jump to content



What's best for business...?


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 EvilMadness®

EvilMadness®

    Torrie Wilson's Husband

  • Code-X Member
  • 577 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Montgomery, Alabama

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostSocom, on 14 October 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

WWE really need to build Superstars and fast. The kids will grow up and will seethat Cena is not the wrestler WWE is making him out to be.

I have no problem with Cena he's ok, but they want to make him the next Stone Cold or Rock in the middle of the attitude era..

Edited by EvilMadness®, 15 October 2013 - 04:18 AM.


#27 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

    This is the story of how I died... and went to heaven!

  • Code-X Member
  • 1,722 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Lands of Forever, Under The Milky Way

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostEvilMadness®, on 15 October 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

View PostSocom, on 14 October 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

WWE really need to build Superstars and fast. The kids will grow up and will seethat Cena is not the wrestler WWE is making him out to be.

I have no problem with Cena he's ok, but they want to make him the next Stone Cold or Rock in the middle of the attitude era..
John Cena matches are just so predictable though. Get's his ass kicked for 90% of the match, comeback, five moves, win. Plus WWE always have this thing where if someone is pinned cleanly, it makes them look weak. Thus why most of The Sheild's matches lost have been by DQ. Where as triple teaming one person dosen't make them look like a bunch of pussies at all...

#28 EvilMadness®

EvilMadness®

    Torrie Wilson's Husband

  • Code-X Member
  • 577 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Montgomery, Alabama

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostJess Morrison, on 15 October 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

View PostEvilMadness®, on 15 October 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

View PostSocom, on 14 October 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

WWE really need to build Superstars and fast. The kids will grow up and will seethat Cena is not the wrestler WWE is making him out to be.

I have no problem with Cena he's ok, but they want to make him the next Stone Cold or Rock in the middle of the attitude era..
John Cena matches are just so predictable though. Get's his ass kicked for 90% of the match, comeback, five moves, win. Plus WWE always have this thing where if someone is pinned cleanly, it makes them look weak. Thus why most of The Sheild's matches lost have been by DQ. Where as triple teaming one person dosen't make them look like a bunch of pussies at all...

Yes the classic five moves of doom...



Cena isn't great, like I said he's ok. But they want him to be another Stone Cold/Rock who could get big ratings just by showing up doing a 15 minute promo and leaving. Cena and alot other Superstars will never be like that.

#29 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

    This is the story of how I died... and went to heaven!

  • Code-X Member
  • 1,722 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Lands of Forever, Under The Milky Way

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostEvilMadness®, on 15 October 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Cena isn't great, like I said he's ok. But they want him to be another Stone Cold/Rock who could get big ratings just by showing up doing a 15 minute promo and leaving. Cena and alot other Superstars will never be like that.
Stone Cold Steve Austin & The Rock became huge stars in the Attitude Era which was 4 years long (1997 to 2001) and John Cena has been a main eventer for 8 years (2005 to now). John Cena has had twice the amount of time as Stone Cold Steve Austin & The Rock so how long are they going to keep pushing? Until he's Ric Flair's age and he's some wrinkly old man with 1000 World Heavyweight Title reigns. Or maybe like Edge and WWE will push him so hard he'll get injured so bad that it forces him to retire

The reason ratings are down is because football season has started but the dumbasses stuck inside the WWE bubble believe it's because John Cena went away. WWE will never be able to do the ratings they did during the Attitude Era. WWF and WCW used to get 5.0 ratings each going head to head. WWE can barely scrape a 3.0 with no wrestling competition. WWE care more about social media. I'm pretty sure having #RAW trending worldwide dosen't give them any money income what so ever.

Edited by Jess Morrison, 15 October 2013 - 11:31 AM.


#30 Socom

Socom

    Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

  • Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK, Sheffield
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Thats the problem so Cena time is not now it's over. Not other wrestler in the WWE stayed on top this long. There is only so much they can do. For example now that Cena is a million time champion, what would another belt add. Or do something differernt with Cena make a heel, let him lead a group, manager somone or go to NXT to learn some new moves.

#31 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

    This is the story of how I died... and went to heaven!

  • Code-X Member
  • 1,722 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Lands of Forever, Under The Milky Way

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostSocom, on 15 October 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Thats the problem so Cena time is not now it's over. Not other wrestler in the WWE stayed on top this long. There is only so much they can do. For example now that Cena is a million time champion, what would another belt add. Or do something differernt with Cena make a heel, let him lead a group, manager somone or go to NXT to learn some new moves.
Even Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock were heel at some point in their careers during the Attitude Era. Although Stone Cold Steve Austin turned at WrestleMania 17 which some people consider to be the end of the Attitude Era. The Rock was the heel leader of The Nation, got popular for losing a Ladder Match to Triple H, stayed face for a few months then turned Corporate at Survivor Series 1998. Both become popular not too long after their heel turns so if John Cena was to turn heel, I'm sure WWE could undo it with some lame ass promo about how he was posessed or something.

#32 EvilMadness®

EvilMadness®

    Torrie Wilson's Husband

  • Code-X Member
  • 577 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Montgomery, Alabama

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:44 AM

...Posted Image.

Spoiler

View PostJesse Lavigne, on 15 October 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

View PostEvilMadness®, on 15 October 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Cena isn't great, like I said he's ok. But they want him to be another Stone Cold/Rock who could get big ratings just by showing up doing a 15 minute promo and leaving. Cena and alot other Superstars will never be like that.
Stone Cold Steve Austin & The Rock became huge stars in the Attitude Era which was 4 years long (1997 to 2001) and John Cena has been a main eventer for 8 years (2005 to now). John Cena has had twice the amount of time as Stone Cold Steve Austin & The Rock so how long are they going to keep pushing? Until he's Ric Flair's age and he's some wrinkly old man with 1000 World Heavyweight Title reigns. Or maybe like Edge and WWE will push him so hard he'll get injured so bad that it forces him to retire

The reason ratings are down is because football season has started but the dumbasses stuck inside the WWE bubble believe it's because John Cena went away. WWE will never be able to do the ratings they did during the Attitude Era. WWF and WCW used to get 5.0 ratings each going head to head. WWE can barely scrape a 3.0 with no wrestling competition. WWE care more about social media. I'm pretty sure having #RAW trending worldwide dosen't give them any money income what so ever.

As a college football fan this is the best time of the year... and another thing I don't like social media site it easy for them to steal all your information, not like a forum site at least that's my opinion Posted Image. Anyways sure it's like I just said they want him to be the next Austin or Rock, and they have been waiting over 10 years for it I think Triple H and Flair are the only ones with more titles than him and Orton has 9 I think, Titles don't equal ratings.

View PostSocom, on 15 October 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Thats the problem so Cena time is not now it's over. Not other wrestler in the WWE stayed on top this long. There is only so much they can do. For example now that Cena is a million time champion, what would another belt add. Or do something differernt with Cena make a heel, let him lead a group, manager somone or go to NXT to learn some new moves.

I remember when Cena was a heel or played the bad guy. he was ok a good middle card guy who would have alot of promos they were more funny to me than anything when he would rap and shit like that basic thuganomics or whatever, I think it would be too late to try that now that WWE is in the PG Era now and so they would probably water down his character even more than it is already for kids so the gimmick probably wouldn't be a big ratings booster.


View PostJesse Lavigne, on 15 October 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

View PostSocom, on 15 October 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Thats the problem so Cena time is not now it's over. Not other wrestler in the WWE stayed on top this long. There is only so much they can do. For example now that Cena is a million time champion, what would another belt add. Or do something differernt with Cena make a heel, let him lead a group, manager somone or go to NXT to learn some new moves.
Even Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock were heel at some point in their careers during the Attitude Era. Although Stone Cold Steve Austin turned at WrestleMania 17 which some people consider to be the end of the Attitude Era. The Rock was the heel leader of The Nation, got popular for losing a Ladder Match to Triple H, stayed face for a few months then turned Corporate at Survivor Series 1998. Both become popular not too long after their heel turns so if John Cena was to turn heel, I'm sure WWE could undo it with some lame ass promo about how he was posessed or something.

They will not turn him heel until they come up with a way to water it down more so he is bad in a good way or some shit like that Posted Image.