Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

Here's one for you.

Xbox 360:

Spoiler

PS3:

Spoiler

#27 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

This is the story of how I died...and went to heaven!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

OH MY GOD FUCKING AWESOME. YOU DID A SCREEN COMPARISON WITH A GAME THAT'S ONLY ON XBOX 360. YOU WIN, YOU'RE THE KING OF EVERYTHING. OKAY EVERYONE, WE CAN GO HOME NOW. JB KNOWS EVERYTHING SO THAT'S NO POINT IN TRYING ANYMORE. GAME OVER THANKS FOR PLAYING. JB WON WITH THE EXCELLENT COMPARISON OF HALO FOR THE XBOX 360 AND NOTHING FOR THE PLAYSTATION 3.

This place just reached a new level of retardedness, I'm out.

#28 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Yaaay!

#29 justinlynch3

justinlynch3

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

View PostJB, on 13 July 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

^ Than*

Was referring to the online service mostly. All I hear is you fanboys don't want to pay for it (poor people), in which case you end up with cheap/shit service.. If you ever actually tried Xbox Live you would see how superior the experience really is.. and it doesn't even cost that much to really bitch about.

Not to mention PS exclusives are nothing to really get excited over and the controller feels really cheap.

I like how you didn't dispute being a bad kid though, at least you know you're bad.

Online I'll give it to you. I would wholeheartedly expect a paid service to hold a higher standard then a free service. So far I played 3 games online on PSN, and here's my view.

WWE Games - Poor online, laggy, glitchy.
NFS: Shift - Pretty solid, never had any major lag.
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Near flawless, never lagged.

PSN seems to be all up to how much money publishers want to throw at servers. THQ was cheap and their online was crap, but Atari was good and their servers as a result works well.

Exclusives I disagree with. God Of War is one of my top series, I enjoyed all the Uncharted games, and while I didn't like the first that much, I had fun with Killzone 2 and 3. Infamous are 2 more titles I had a blast playing and logged many hours on each.

Only XBOX exclusive I've tried was Halo with Halo 2, and I just couldn't get into it.

The controllers I'm so-so on. I like the PS controller, I've used it mainly for many years, has a better set up for fighters, and the analog sticks being close was useful in DBZ games. I don't mind XBOX to much, I've gotten used to it for now. But when I borrowed Raging Blast 2 on 360 I found myself never able to win a beam battle and the sticks faced to far apart to really get a good grip on them with my palm, and was like "man I wish I had this game for PS3". I had for the 360 controller nice on racers though.

#30 justinlynch3

justinlynch3

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostJB, on 13 July 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

A Blu-Ray player is a reason to buy a gaming console? Isn't stuff like that the reason people are bashing Xbox One right now? You guys are hilarious. The Blu-Ray didn't improve graphics or capabilities at all. The only upside it brought was more space.. but you had to install the game anyway, which you only had to do on 360 if the game came with 2 discs. So it essentially did nothing but play a better movie format.. which isn't what a game console should be about, is it? The main reason they even put Blu-Ray in is so people that aren't gamers would buy a PS3 since it was the cheapest Blu-Ray player out at the time, that along with wanting all the people that would have bought a PS3 anyway to try the new format.

Actually Blu-Ray was a advantage, no two ways about it. While PS3 did have installs cause of it's slow drive, having all your game data on 1 disc is a advantage over having to use 3 discs. Other then that it gave you the ability to play literally any retail movie be it online, regular DVD or the new Blu-Ray format.

In the end the disc format won't make a big graphical jump in games. It's all about how the dev's/publishers used the CPU/GPU's. But it terms of media, the Blu-Ray did it's job, giving PS3 a edge as a home media hob.

#31 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

If PlayStation did add Blu-Ray just so people would buy it as a cheap Blu-Ray player, from a business standpoint that's brilliant. My PlayStation 2 in 2001 was the first DVD player I had.

As far as online games go, I've played Red Dead Redemption, Saints Row the Third, Saints Row 2 and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing online and rarely had any problems with any them.

WWE games online are a different subject all together. They have always been bad for me since WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW in 2004 on the PlayStation 2. Round about the same time, I was playing Tony Hawk's Underground for the PlayStation 2 and online for that was great.

Edited by Jess Morrison, 14 July 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#32 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

I don't recall any game using 3 discs on 360, the most I've seen was 2 and that was rare anyway. Once you install the 2nd disc, you only have to use the first disc, it's essentially the same as being forced to install the one disc on Playstation. Blu-Ray didn't push anything game wise, it wasn't necessary, it was put in mainly to help push the format. Smart business, yes, but it didn't bring anything that matters game wise and actually helps support my claim that PlayStation is for bad kids. A lot of people got a PlayStation 3 for the Blu-Ray player (in the early days), having never played a video game in their life.. probably turned out to be bad kids.

And Jess, you haven't even experienced Xbox Live, you don't even know what you're missing.

I thought I was declared winner and king of everything though? You can't declare me winner and king of everything and say you're leaving and then just continue playing.. typical bad kid.

*Takes crown, trophy and ball and goes home*

#33 justinlynch3

justinlynch3

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Final Fantasy 13 is 3 discs on 360. I've been told Rage was as well, but I own Rage on PS3, so I can't confirm that.

#34 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostJB, on 14 July 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

And Jess, you haven't even experienced Xbox Live, you don't even know what you're missing.

I thought I was declared winner and king of everything though? You can't declare me winner and king of everything and say you're leaving and then just continue playing.. typical bad kid.

*Takes crown, trophy and ball and goes home*
Jesse Lavigne left you jackhole...

Like how you took a trophy and not an achievement..but here you go, here's your biggest douche of the universe award 2013.

Good going douche.