12 replies to this topic

#1 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:01 PM

Seriously. The way they walk sluggish around the ring. Guys like Rey Mysterio should be doing flips and shit. I just think these guys aren't as athletic as they should be. TNA is better but CZW and other Indy organizations have insane athletic ability.

#2 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:46 PM

CZW and other Indy organizations have insane athletic ability.

Actually the majority of indy guys are over weight or very underweight. The only really insane flippy guys in CZW are Carter Grey and Ruckus, and Ruckus sucks.

Guys like Rey Mysterio should be doing flips and shit

I'm in good shape, I can't do a backflip off my feet. Just because someone isn't pulling off a double backflip doesn't mean they aren't an athlete. This topic itself is completely stupid to be honest.

#3 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:12 PM

Im just saying that a "Professional Athlete" should actually be an athlete.

#4 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:05 PM

And they all are for the most part. They have great conditioning to work the matches that they do, great strength, most have good speed. I'm not sure what you call an athlete, but by the normal definition they are.

#5 DLT

DLT

Thanks to Simon for the Avatar

• Code-X Legend
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:50 PM

I... agree... with.... Oh come on, don't make me say it!

But yeah, people totally underestimate the athletism needed to be a wrestler, especially big guys like Mark Henry and the Big Show who, thoughwalk slow around the ring, can still throw themselves around when selling moves, which is impressive at their size.

Also, as far as WWE goes, watch guys like Shelton Benjamin and John Morrison, and then say wrestlers aren't athletic.

Though I agree about Rey, for a high flyer, he f'ing sucks.

#6 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

My point with Rey. Guys who are supposedly high flyers completely suck. The lack of high flyers suck. The WWE removed their most exciting division for loads of 250+ lbs meatheads. Being strong isnt athletic. Being quick, fast, agile, and elusive is. Which is nearly non-existent.

Look at Lucha Libre. These guys outperform the WWE guys by far.

#7 NWOHH

NWOHH

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 522 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

Posted Image
I know look at the gut on Triple H now he should heed his own words "hit the gym fatass".

#8 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:58 PM

Don't even get me started on JBL and Jericho lol. But I understand not just anybody can do what they do but these guys are nothing but monstorous bodybuilders who like to walk around in their underwear.

#9 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:04 PM

Jericho is one of the best athletes in the WWE, I seriously lose respect for you by every post it seems.

Guys who are supposedly high flyers completely suck

So because their billed as something and aren't as insane as others makes them bad athletes?

Being quick, fast, agile, and elusive is.

Being elusive isn't really a needed quality in wrestling. And the wrestlers are all (for the most part) agile, they may not be running a six minute mile, but they definitely have agility. Being strong is also a very large factor of athleticism.

#10 Jericho

Jericho

The best in the world...

• Code-X Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:56 AM

View PostJon., on Jun 25 2009, 01:58 PM, said:

Don't even get me started on JBL and Jericho lol.

Are you kidding me!

Chris Jericho is one of the greatest pro wrestlers I have seen in the WWE. Sure he isn't in magnificent shape, but it doesn't seem to effect his in ring ability.

I think your argument sucks man... It makes very little sense.

#11 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:36 AM

Jericho is not fat, but I'm glad he isn't roided up. Thus he can move around the ring and perform moves like a normal person. people like HHH and Batista have so much muscle, they can hardly walk properly.

Also losing respect for someones opinion is pretty lame Phoenix...

#12 DoubleJ

DoubleJ

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 769 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:51 AM

It's hard to do "flips and shit" after your knees have had to be worked on as much as Mysterio.

#13 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

Just because you dont have pacs doesnt make you fat. Plus Mysterio isnt as Lucha as he once was due to how he had to wrestle now. He has to wrestle as a underdog and can't be dominating big guys like Kane etc with flips, ranas and all that stuff. Plus his knees have been messed up alot due to surgery.

WWE can't outpreform Lucha for two reasons: WWE doesnt have a Cruiserwieght Division and when they did half the guys were trained in American style cruiserweight.