Most Overrated Moves in WWE

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

Poll: Overrated

Overrated

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 -Kman-

-Kman-

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

Vote,

If you suggest one that really should be in the list, i'll add it

Edited by kman060, 14 January 2008 - 09:45 PM.

#2 «WrÃthchild»

«WrÃthchild»

Code-X's Harvester of Sorrow

• Code-X Member
  • 780 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

The F-U, what an earth shatering concept! :0 and you also should add the Hogan leg drop, becuse ITS JUST A LEG DROP!

#3 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

Playmaker is a shitty finish. SCM and RKO are probably the two best finishers in WWE. Crossface was one as well. Quick, look realistic, and looked effective.

#4 «WrÃthchild»

«WrÃthchild»

• Code-X Member
  • 780 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:14 PM

The 619 is actually a kind of complicated move, i dont think it should be on the list.

#5 *RatedRKO

*RatedRKO

Tommy is the bomb

• Banned
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:15 PM

stone cold stunner should be up their i think. or maybe the pedigree?

#6 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:20 PM

Stunner's a nice finish, where as the 619 takes too long to execute and looks contrived.

#7 «WrÃthchild»

«WrÃthchild»

• Code-X Member
  • 780 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:27 PM

I think the worm is another crappy finisher. What damage could that possibly do?a good finisher was the F-5

#8 *RatedRKO

*RatedRKO

Tommy is the bomb

• Banned
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:35 PM

lol if the playmaker is up their , then why not kennedy's mic check

#9 PrettyBoyAJ

PrettyBoyAJ

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Member
  • 5,171 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:39 PM

The F-U

#10 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:48 PM

the F-U doenst look painful atall but can take out the biggest guys in wwe Umaga and Khali

c'mon cena try to make it look real!

#11 PrettyBoyAJ

PrettyBoyAJ

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Member
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:51 PM

The F-U isnt painful. It wouldnt take out a baby how the heck can it take out anyone else?

#12 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:51 PM

How much more real do you want him to make it look? Break the guy's neck?

#13 *RatedRKO

*RatedRKO

Tommy is the bomb

• Banned
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:55 PM

k let me F-U onto the pavement and tell me it tickles lmao

#14 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:57 PM

View PostiWish, on Jan 7 2008, 07:51 PM, said:

The F-U isnt painful. It wouldnt take out a baby how the heck can it take out anyone else?
Actually, the F-U can take out a baby, but it can't take out anyone else, unless he slams his opponent that hard on the ground. Yeah though, I agree with KGB.. How much real do you want him to make it look..

#15 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:07 PM

def the Hogan leg drop its extreamly simple and doesnt hurt much (real not fake) but then again I havent had a 300+ pound man doing it to me soo...

and has any of you actually had the FU done to you (not fake shit but really)? its maybe slightly over rated in my book, its simple but effective (even when it is faked its based on a painful move which is what we should be looking at)

#16 *RatedRKO

*RatedRKO

Tommy is the bomb

• Banned
  • 892 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:16 PM

i've had it done on a mattress and it kinda hurt cuz i hit a spring, and i've done it to someone in a pool.

#17 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:33 PM

View Post~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~, on Jan 7 2008, 10:57 PM, said:

View PostiWish, on Jan 7 2008, 07:51 PM, said:

Actually, the F-U can take out a baby, but it can't take out anyone else, unless he slams his opponent that hard on the ground. Yeah though, I agree with KGB.. How much real do you want him to make it look..

Actually he can make it much more realistic, as a matter of fact the F-U hasn't always sucked. I'm no fan of Cena, but toward the beginning of his usage of the F-U it use to be more like an Elevated Death Valley Driver with the opponent landing mostly on their neck/shoulders as opposed to a Standing Fireman's Carry Slam which lays them out flat for the landing. Like everything else though the WWE made him dumb it down, this is also why most DVDs done in the WWE nowadays, when done, look sort of like the F-U. Tommy Dreamer does his like that now as well, and it sucks. So as much as I'm not very big on Cena, I don't really think he can be blamed for it. Blamed WWE for making everything too tame. I understand looking out for the well being of their talent, but they take it too far sometimes and it just ruins the who look of things. But, yes, the current F-U can definitely be considered overrated.

The 619 is just goofy, I really don't think it needs an explanation. Nor does the Worm.

The Playmaker is just a horrible move, and in no way is MVP to blame. This move is literally one of the worst there is. No one can do it and make it look credible. This is a jobber or rookie move as far as I am concerned. It's a jobber or rookie move given to people until they can figure out a real move to give them. Orton use to do it and it sucked. Carlito use to do it and it sucked. Elix Skipper used the move, and possible invented it, and it sucked. Now MVP does it and it still sucks. No one can do this move and make it look credible. This is one of the wrestling moves that should be banned out of it's pure lameness.

The Stunner was a good finisher and not at all overrated because he usually did it fast and sudden enough that it could easily pick up a pinfall if followed up with a pin soon enough.

The People's Elbow, well, this is a hard to call one. In the beginning it was just one of his trademark moves, not a finisher. Then he started using it as a finisher and it was pretty overrated then because he would set it up with a simple scoop slam. But later it became more plausible in my opinion because he set it up with a pretty stiff looking Spinebuster which could easily be believable enough of a move to keep the opponent down, couple that with the fact that he start landing the elbow with more force and usually toward the middle of the opponent's chest. I can see it keeping someone down for a quick three count realistically.

I'd also say the RKO is overrated somewhat too. It really isn't all that great. It's a poor man's Diamond Cutter in my opinion and doesn't come close to it, nor does it really come close to being as good as the Twist of Fate either.

#18 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:40 PM

The F-U, its basically a firemans carry, if it was more like a Death Valley Driver, it would look more painful and more effective (since you dropping them on there head). Also Hogan's Leg Drop is pretty lame & Mark Jindrak's Power Punch.

#19 Mickie's #1 Fan

Mickie's #1 Fan

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:48 PM

all I can say about any of the finishers is try having any of them done to you for real and tell me that it felt great.......to me the most overated move was Curt Hennigs' "Perfect Plex" Fireman's Suplex Pin.....the Sharpshooter was to me one of the best finshers ever used.....I've been locked in it for real and it hurts like you wouldn't believe

#20 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:49 PM

I agree with the new/old FU, WWE dumbed it down
actually I agree with most of what The Rob said exept the RKO, I think it looks better than Daimond Cutter but Twist of Fate does top them both

#21 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

PHOENIX'S BITTER BITTER RIVAL!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:52 PM

View PostThe Fallen Angel, on Jan 7 2008, 04:40 PM, said:

The F-U, its basically a firemans carry, if it was more like a Death Valley Driver, it would look more painful and more effective (since you dropping them on there head). Also Hogan's Leg Drop is pretty lame & Mark Jindrak's Power Punch.

he said it USED TO BE more of a dvd not that it IS a dvd...

#22 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:59 PM

View PostReal American ICON!, on Jan 5 2008, 05:52 PM, said:

View PostThe Fallen Angel, on Jan 7 2008, 04:40 PM, said:

he said it USED TO BE more of a dvd not that it IS a dvd...

Never said that he said that, IMO if it was more like a DVD, it would look more effective

#23 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:46 PM

The 619 is WAY to predictable. But its a cool move, still its too damn predictable.

#24 twinkle07

twinkle07

Code-X.ws' Doppelgänger

• Code-X Member
  • 707 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:35 AM

F-U. It's a firemans carry. People do it on Cena - no effect, but Cena does it - opponent's KO'd for the 1-2-3.

#25 Rabbit

Rabbit

Dream like you live forever, Live like you die tomorrow!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:34 PM

id have to say a huricarana

theres no way you could do that in real life