Most Under Appreciated Wrestler?

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#51 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

I'm more fresh than the prince of Bellair!!

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:31 AM

WWE sometime makes no sense the way they arrange these future superstars, Everyone want's to become big, not just keep the show alive and then get removed from the show in no time.

#52 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

Lol, I burned myself to death coz my boyfriend told me to

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:36 AM

Actually, now that I think about my list of Under Appreciated Wrestlers, there's one glaring omission from my list. Somebody who is appreciated by WWE, but not its fans.

John Cena.

Actually, in terms of the hatred he gets, he's easily one of the most under appreciated wrestlers of the past few years. The kids love him, yes, but far too many people give him far too little credit.

#53 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:39 AM

That's what I said from my last post and phnxsplash didn't reply, how could you forget John Cena?? He is the most overated guy I've ever seen, and if not, then it's obviously cause you like him and didn't mention him. And if you do like him and then talk about Jeff the way you did, you are 1 True hating Ignorant my friend.

Edited by Blood On The Sand, 20 May 2008 - 06:40 AM.

#54 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:41 AM

View PostBlood On The Sand, on May 20 2008, 06:39 AM, said:

That's what I said from my last post and phnxsplash didn't reply, how could you forget John Cena?? He is the most overated guy I've ever seen, and if not, then it's obviously cause you like him and didn't mention him. And if you do like him and then talk about Jeff the way you did, you are 1 True hating Ignorant my friend.
I said Cena was underrated :P You're looking in the wrong topic, because Cena's got to be the most underrated (by internet fans at least) wrestler in WWE.

#55 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:45 AM

You are wronger than OJ Simpson, CENA IS OVERATED!!!!! Do you watch wresling by any chance??

#56 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:47 AM

View PostBlood On The Sand, on May 20 2008, 06:45 AM, said:

You are wronger than OJ Simpson, CENA IS OVERATED!!!!! Do you watch wresling by any chance??
Any reason why he's overrated, or just because everyone else hates him? And yes I do watch wrestling, when not watching cheap quality anime streams or chilling with some friends. Its a favorite pastime of mine, you know ;)

#57 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:51 AM

It's such a long story but anybody wanna back me up here, I just don't know how to explain but it's true, CENA is so OVERATED!!

#58 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:54 AM

View PostBlood On The Sand, on May 20 2008, 06:51 AM, said:

It's such a long story but anybody wanna back me up here, I just don't know how to explain but it's true, CENA is so OVERATED!!
No offense, but if you don't know how to explain it then he's not "so overrated". But as for me, I could give you tons of reasons why he's not. I win? :D

#59 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:56 AM

I need to really refresh my mind, let me go get breakfast first and then I'll post my 5 Paragraph Essay, ok?

#60 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:15 AM

For me, it's easily William Regal who's most under appreciated. Regal has fantastic in-ring abilities, a great technical wrestler and brawler, awesome mic skills, a great Heel-ish look (especially now), etc. He's been wrestling for a while now and hasn't really gotten the push that he deserves and you can't claim that it's because the fan don't care about him, they did a lot plenty of times, the WWE just had/has a bad habit of pulling the carpet out from under him when he's gaining steam and then he's forced to start all over again months later after being kept off TV for a while. I think he's worthy of world championship gold, and if they had kept him as GM of Raw he'd have been the perfect Heel to have hold the WWE Championship since he can change rules mid-match and such to make it more dramatic.

#61 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:47 AM

Ok I'm back but I still can't think why Cena is so OVERATED when he just is.....

#62 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:54 AM

View PostBlood On The Sand, on May 20 2008, 07:47 AM, said:

Ok I'm back but I still can't think why Cena is so OVERATED when he just is.....
Right, so you say he's overrated and give no reasons. I say he's underrated because of: great, energetic matches (Umaga, Shawn Michaels, Edge, Randy Orton); great mic skills; the ability to draw awesome crowd heat; the ability to have solid matches with just about anyone (Khali, Lashley) and had a whole string of great matches last year, including two matches which are widely regarded as the best non-ROH matches (I'd call them better than most ROH matches) last year with his match against Michaels on Raw and Umaga at the Royal Rumble. So who do you think's got the more credible points right now? Sorry but "he just is" is exactly why Cena is under appreciated.

Edited by Izumi Curtis, 20 May 2008 - 07:55 AM.

#63 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:58 AM

The guy was WWE champion for so long and only lost it by being stripped, how do you beat the great kahli by the size of a squirrel!! With an FU, that's just OVERATED!!!

#64 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:03 AM

View PostBlood On The Sand, on May 20 2008, 07:58 AM, said:

The guy was WWE champion for so long and only lost it by being stripped, how do you beat the great kahli by the size of a squirrel!! With an FU, that's just OVERATED!!!
Which brought credibility to the WWE title. The champions should be made to look strong, and really, with all the injuries in WWE at that point, only Orton could take the title (and they were in the middle of feuding at the time). It doesn't matter how he was booked, as a wrestler he's dangerously underappreciated. So you'd rather Khali won the WWE Title and made horrible main events in crappy matches (since only two people have ever gotten good matches out of him), or Cena who went on to have an awesome feud with Randy Orton? The F-U may look weak, but the crowd pops, which is the important thing. Its like the People's Elbow, who the hell complains about that and its so basic. Same with loads of moves. As long as it pops the crowd its fine.

#65 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:37 AM

I understand that part but what I refer to is his size, We've seen how big and strong Khali is, So you are telling that Cena can pick up Big Daddy and Big show Put together cause they want everyone to make him look strong and towhy he's a WWE champion?? Bullshit!!

#66 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:46 AM

View PostBlood On The Sand, on May 20 2008, 09:37 AM, said:

I understand that part but what I refer to is his size, We've seen how big and strong Khali is, So you are telling that Cena can pick up Big Daddy and Big show Put together cause they want everyone to make him look strong and towhy he's a WWE champion?? Bullshit!!
*breathes heavily* What are you evening questioning? He picked up Big Show and V cleanly and with a bit of ease as well, so of course he can pick them up. That's not why he's WWE Champion, he's WWE Champion because he sells a load of merchandise and the fans care about him, not because he's strong. Of course he can pick them up, because you want the WWE Champion to look strong.

You're arguing about his booking. Quite frankly, how he's been booked is the last thing I'd be arguing about if I was trying to convince someone he's a crap wrestler. Sorry, but your argument so far is "he was champion too long" (boohoo, he had awesome defenses) and "he was allowed to lift the big show" (which has to be one of the silliest reason for disliking Cena I've ever heard, and I've heard them all).

#67 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:49 AM

View PostIzumi Curtis, on May 20 2008, 11:46 AM, said:

he's WWE Champion because he sells a load of merchandise and the fans care about him, \
Females= Cause he's just a pretty boy
Rest of Fans= I think I heard BOOOOO more than YAY!!

#68 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:59 AM

View PostBlood On The Sand, on May 20 2008, 09:49 AM, said:

View PostIzumi Curtis, on May 20 2008, 11:46 AM, said:

he's WWE Champion because he sells a load of merchandise and the fans care about him, \
Females= Cause he's just a pretty boy
Rest of Fans= I think I heard BOOOOO more than YAY!!

And? I like Cena because he's a good wrestler, not because he's a pretty boy. To be fair, John Morrison is handsome (mostly), CM Punk is handsome (apart from the lip piercing ...), Orton is handsome, Cena isn't really. And it doesn't matter if people boo him, it still means fans care about him, for better or worse, but that adds to the excitement, and that means Cena matches get the best excitement and crowd reactions (which is undeniable).

I'm yet to hear a reason why you don't like him, other than him winning (not his fault) or that he was allowed to lift Big Show (also not his fault). Plus the fact that neither of those two are a bad thing.

#69 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

I never said I don't like him, The only one I HATE is The great khali, I just really think Cena is OVERATED!! Everyone want's a WWE belt around their waste.What is he the next Hogan??

#70 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

View PostBlood On The Sand, on May 20 2008, 10:09 AM, said:

I just really think Cena is OVERATED!!
And you haven't said why, still, after about seven posts. You can't just say something without basing it off anything, it totally defies the entire purpose of even having an opinion.

#71 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:02 AM

View PostBlood On The Sand, on May 20 2008, 09:58 AM, said:

#72 Kiyomi Takada

Kiyomi Takada

• Code-X Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

View PostIzumi Curtis, on May 20 2008, 08:03 AM, said:

View PostBlood On The Sand, on May 20 2008, 07:58 AM, said:

Which brought credibility to the WWE title. The champions should be made to look strong, and really, with all the injuries in WWE at that point, only Orton could take the title (and they were in the middle of feuding at the time). It doesn't matter how he was booked, as a wrestler he's dangerously underappreciated. So you'd rather Khali won the WWE Title and made horrible main events in crappy matches (since only two people have ever gotten good matches out of him), or Cena who went on to have an awesome feud with Randy Orton? The F-U may look weak, but the crowd pops, which is the important thing. Its like the People's Elbow, who the hell complains about that and its so basic. Same with loads of moves. As long as it pops the crowd its fine.
To elaborate: you're saying that he's overrated due to *how WWE books him* (really, how much more can I emphasize that?), not for Cena *the wrestler*. Why is he overrated, as a wrestler? I've already said he's fully appreciated by WWE, but not by the fans, so booking has no matter here.

Edited by Izumi Curtis, 20 May 2008 - 11:13 AM.

#73 ॐﮢ ҜĢ¤ וּלقۗ*

ॐﮢ ҜĢ¤ וּלقۗ*

♦ The Prince ♦

• Code-X Legend
  • 14,938 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:13 AM

View PostBlood On The Sand, on May 20 2008, 09:58 AM, said:

Hmmm... i Just Remember You That Hogan Finisher Was A "Leg Drop"...
The F-U Cause More Pain That The Leg Drop I Think...

#74 Lenox

Lenox

Turn it up loud and feel the ambiance.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:23 AM

Hey Blood On The Sand, You might as well give up if you can't say why he is overrated. You're basicly hopping on the bandwagon saying he is overrated without reasoning. Picking up the Big Show doesn't make you a bad wrestler or convince me about anything except your pretty strong, I've seen quite a few people do it (Goldberg, Brock Lesner, Sting & I'm pretty sure I've seen others).

#75 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

Whatever I just think in my prospective that Cena is Overated.