• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#26 STONECOLDDJW

STONECOLDDJW

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 12:15 PM

Someone said they got gamespy back is that true ? where did you read that i hated demonware on svr07 no lobbys and no boot out opponent button btw does anyone know if jerichool still views this code x forum

#27 thebigA

thebigA

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

How did John Cena get a 97 overall .Hes the most overated wrestler in wwe right now.
Ne way Cant wait for Taker to return in November and HHH at summerslam.
Hope the Rock is still a legend

#28 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:23 PM

CodeX website has image and video of a Flaming Table. That is gonna be cool but i hope it looks better then in the image and video.

#29 Ollie The Magic Bum

Ollie The Magic Bum

BALL DON'T LIE!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,091 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:06 PM

Video is down. Anyone able to reupload it?

#30 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:19 PM

Really shouldn't of been up in the first place since it wa a IGN insider video.

#31 Guest_Guest_KarmaRocketX_*_*

Guest_Guest_KarmaRocketX_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:37 AM

View PostSocom, on Jul 15 2007, 03:40 PM, said:

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on Jul 15 2007, 09:08 PM, said:

Smackdown vs Raw 2008 will be the best!!!!!

Yet somehow I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Very true indeed. There just making this game over the last game.

And.. this is a bad thing?

So, let's see if i've got this straight.....

Remaking the currently best available wrestling game on any platform, porting it to multiple platforms (some tailormade from scratch), improving strategy and playability, improving the AI that everyone keeps complaining about, redoing animations that everyone keeps complaining about, finally incorporating ECW after it failed to make the last game, with a new roster... That's a bad thing?

And a few, more insignificant things that were never really that much of a problem to begin with dont' get improved when they frankly aren't needed that badly. That's a high priority?

It's funny... I find it kinda amusing that people rather thoughtlessly, and selfishly always keep expecting THQ and Yukes to consistently jump through ridiculous hoops over rather insignificant details without being able to properly rationalize or explain what color and size these hoops should exactly be, and fail to realize that A. They've got a game that's pushed so far already that it's hard to think of substantially important new additions, and B. That no one ever seems to give a rat's ass when they deliver on adding a substantially important new addition anyway.

So, last year, everyone got together to ***** about the AI, animations, no PS3 version, no ECW, and no gameplay variations in general Superstar ability.

So... THQ works specifically on the AI, animations, the PS3 version, ECW, and strategic gameplay variations for each Superstar.

But oh wait no. Now, that's still not good enough. What kind of excuse came the nitpickers find, next? Oh.. how about the Hell In A Cell not being the correct size (despite the fact that it works well enough, and is minor at best). OH NOES! THE COMMENTARY IS TEH SUCK! Yet, all three teams are now represented.

That's a particularly amusing spot. People bitching about commentary. Despite having no real ideas about how to overhaul it, or having anything better to compare it to, or suggest (aside from glitches where the wrong move gets called), people complain when it serves the function and isn't nearly as important as say.... little things like.. the AI. The animations. The PS3 version. ECW, and Gameplay style variations.

Which, by the way, they included.

Well, I suppose, in the end it's anyone's right to not be impressed by something.

After all, you can't impress anyone that looks for any lame excuse to hate just about everything simply out of what seems to be nothing but spite or princible.

#32 Guest_Guest_KarmaRocketX_*_*

Guest_Guest_KarmaRocketX_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:53 AM

EDIT I meant to make at the end (Sorry for the double post. Can't edit posts like this):

After all, it's pretty impossible to impress anyone that had their mind made up from the get go, no matter what actually ever gets done, said, or implemented in the game. I'm not so much sure that I would really value an opinion like that, to be honest.

I mean, if you'd rather be incessently negative and actually overlook what WAS done just to nitpick the much less important things that aren't... especially considering the inititave that they took to take the biggest fan complaints from last year and adress them, fine. But such an unweildy, and curmudgeny, and senselessly negative and somewhat elitist opinion of someone that wouldn't be impressed even if everything they DID want fixed suddenly slapped them in the face, well then I guess that's ok for some.

But I hope you'll excuse me for not taking so much stock in people that already had their mind made up, based on a product that, actually wasn't even that bad last year, and was still the best thing to currently be out there in terms of wrestling games, regardless of the problems it had.

Which.. as it turns out, have been adressed this year. But I guess some people are just content to be the backseat prophets of doom every year, no matter what.

#33 Rabbit

Rabbit

Dream like you live forever, Live like you die tomorrow!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 09:55 AM

do u realize u could of made that whole thing into like three lines. u just repeated the same thing over and over and over and over and over an.....U get the point.

people are picky because ya the gameplay was awsome last year but all the glitches isnt acceptable

for example i use edge i use his ddt thing that he has a second finisher and the commentor yells out hes going for it SWEET CHIN MUSIC. I was like WAT THE ****!

or how about ur in a tag match and u use say dx for some reason during the entrance they only call hhh even though hbk is in the match too.

theres alot more but im just tired of typing

#34 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

See the sig for where good television has gone.

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:20 AM

Agreed. The "calling moves by the wrong name" bit should only be done on the parts of Cole and JR, because Styles, JBL, Tazz, and King have all wrestled and know what moves are what.

As to the tag team glitches (calling only part of the team in the announcements, having your partner stand there like a dumbass when you're getting your ass handed to you), '06 didn't have any of them, and it was the game BEFORE '07!

This shows that when Yukes' takes steps forward (re-animating moves, adding new match types/revamping match types, constantly adding new grappling systems [i.e. ultimate control] when the old one was fine on its own, etc.), they also take steps back (removing a slew of moves again, leaving in a host of exploitable glitches, etc.).

What they should do is keep everything in from every installment and just add to it (i.e. do not remove anything, save for wrestlers to update the rosters).

#35 O-Yama³

O-Yama³

I'm Gay

• Banned
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:26 AM

all the glitches isnt acceptable
Did you notice that one of the vids here on code-x, I think its Rey vs Orton (not to sure), but anyways the commentator is saying something about Shelton Benjamin even though hes not in the match WTF.

#36 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:47 AM

Another case of sucky commentary.

#37 O-Yama³

O-Yama³

I'm Gay

• Banned
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:50 AM

View Postwwfpooh, on Jul 18 2007, 06:47 PM, said:

Another case of sucky commentary.
Yeah and this is SVR08 you would have thought they would have done something to mend it.

#38 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:55 AM

It's sucked ever since the first time it was introduced (back on PS2 before the name change), so do you really expect Yukes' to change it now?

#39 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

View Postwwfpooh, on Jul 16 2007, 06:55 AM, said:

It's sucked ever since the first time it was introduced (back on PS2 before the name change), so do you really expect Yukes' to change it now?

I can't stand commentary, it should go back to HCTP (No Commentary). I was playing as Edge yesterday and everytime I used the Edgeacution, JR would say Sweet Chin Music.....Sweet Chin Music or if you play as Mickie James, JR says Trevor Murdoch with a Bulldog.

#40 Rabbit

Rabbit

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

was playing as Edge yesterday and everytime I used the Edgeacution, JR would say Sweet Chin Music.....Sweet Chin Music
lol didnt i just say that lol look familiar

for example i use edge i use his ddt thing that he has a second finisher and the commentor yells out hes going for it SWEET CHIN MUSIC. I was like WAT THE ****!

lol

#41 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:09 PM

Like I said...commentary has sucked since the very start, for even Attitude's commentary was better, and we know how old that game is.

#42 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:17 PM

View Postrabbit, on Jul 16 2007, 07:05 AM, said:

was playing as Edge yesterday and everytime I used the Edgeacution, JR would say Sweet Chin Music.....Sweet Chin Music
lol didnt i just say that lol look familiar

lol

Didn't see that, but at least I'm not the only one who thinks thats f*cked up.

#43 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

With ya there.

#44 Guest_Guest_XtremeKid_*_*

Guest_Guest_XtremeKid_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:39 PM

In another video I noticed some of the stats in the game:

Cena- 97 Overall
Mysterio- 93 Overall
Orton- 92 Overall
Kane- 87 Overall
[/quote]

I noticed it too, but I dont remember seeing Cena being a 97

#45 Guest_Guest_XtremeKid_*_*

• Guests

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:43 PM

I agree that sandman's entrance should have been a lot longer, he should have came all the way from the top like he do in real life.

#46 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:04 PM

So, I'm wrong for saying the HIAC match is horrible, which it is, and that it is too small? The cell is way smaller than in real life, and you can only do a double ax handle from the turnbuckle to the outside in it. There is no weapons under the ring, and walking aroundthe inside looks horrible. The commentary needs to be taken out, it sucks. There are too many glitches, and since I'm paying $60 for the game, I have a right to ***** about it.

#47 Guest_Guest_XtremeKid_*_*

• Guests

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:11 PM

I think the commentary should come up wit something new to say instead of the same thing over & over again

#48 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

Hell with it, just throw it out all together.

#49 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:33 AM

Commentary removal would certainly help, considering it would mean no more mis-cues (i.e. calling moves by the wrong name), no more crappy call names for CAWs, and no more idiotic comments about people who aren't even in the match.

#50 Rabbit

Rabbit

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:11 AM

ya instead of commentary they should just let u have music in the match