65 replies to this topic

#26 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:33 PM

View Postscandalas, on Nov 5 2007, 07:23 AM, said:

uh buddy h8 to dissapoint u but ign hasnt been 100% accurate and why would the playstation site put online broadband for ps2 for no apparent reason , why would theey assume somethin like that
How exactly has IGN lied? When do they report false news? I have said already that they report what they are given, so if it turns out that they were wrong, it's because their sources lied or gave false info. That has been done before. I have read before when IGN corrected themselves on info stating that their source had given out the wrong info to them. Sometimes their source is one guy who represents the product that is being made and it has been noted that the representative has given miscommunicated info before. When that happens, IGN lets us know that it was a mistake. That's a credible site IMO.

The official PS site, as I said, is not as reliable of a source as IGN. They are not that closely involved with publishers like IGN.

At this time I believe IGN more so we'll just have to wait until the game is out to find out for ourselves. I'm not trying to make this into a "ha ha I'm right and you're wrong," thing. I'm just saying how I feel about IGN and their word of mouth. They have already reviewed the game and the PS site has not. IGN has done far more SvR08 coverage than the PS site as well. This tells me that IGN knows more about SvR08 than the PS site.

#27 TheRealRKO

TheRealRKO

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:31 PM

plainly put, here in like 12 hours we will know cuz it will already be released in the uk(seeing as there 5 hours ahead) so by the end of tonight we should know

#28 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

View PostTheRealRKO, on Nov 5 2007, 02:31 PM, said:

plainly put, here in like 12 hours we will know cuz it will already be released in the uk(seeing as there 5 hours ahead) so by the end of tonight we should know
I thought it was November 9th for Europe?

#29 Hart

Hart

The only mod with a Hart

• Code-X Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:09 PM

There's no online.

IGN got the final game. IGN said there's no online.

... There's no online.

#30 ℜaven-Σffect

ℜaven-Σffect

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 4,122 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 05 November 2007 - 03:10 PM

View PostSergio, on Nov 5 2007, 08:56 PM, said:

View PostTheRealRKO, on Nov 5 2007, 02:31 PM, said:

I thought it was November 9th for Europe?

yeah it is lol. not sure where the 12 hours came from

#31 TheRealRKO

TheRealRKO

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:39 PM

ok i made a f*cking mistake..also.....god i hate to admit this but......i just got back from gamestop and he read the printout for sdvsraw08 for ps2 and it has no online....basically he said there trying to kill that market and push people towards the next gen systems....he has had numerous calls from people about this and 2 people literally cried out of frustration over this...kinda sickens me that i have to spend 300$ on a system if i want to play online and basically have fun...thanks thq/yukes for turning your backs on the ps2 fans that have been behind you for so long.....*******s

#32 DesTiNys_ChiLD

DesTiNys_ChiLD

KiD2ExQuiSiTe UTD

• Code-X Member
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

i hope this aignt a lie

#33 gone60secondsago

gone60secondsago

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:32 PM

great news, still getting the ps2 one (and 360 one) just to hack Maria in :P

#34 Guest_scandalas_*

Guest_scandalas_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:30 AM

well since thq/yuke screws ps2 over AGAIN does ne1 know whether there more ppl on 360 online or ps3

#35 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:59 AM

If things work out in my way, I might be getting all three, PS2, PS3, and 360

#36 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:19 PM

View PostTheRealRKO, on Nov 3 2007, 02:39 PM, said:

ok i made a f*cking mistake..also.....god i hate to admit this but......i just got back from gamestop and he read the printout for sdvsraw08 for ps2 and it has no online....basically he said there trying to kill that market and push people towards the next gen systems....he has had numerous calls from people about this and 2 people literally cried out of frustration over this...kinda sickens me that i have to spend 300$ on a system if i want to play online and basically have fun...thanks thq/yukes for turning your backs on the ps2 fans that have been behind you for so long.....*******s
they didnt turn they're back on ps2 basicly just said hey theres new systems so lets make the old ps2 just have a standard edition while the new systems have online becuase well they're new ps2 is old now let them get a new system

#37 Showtime

Showtime

the show goes on

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,622 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Administrator
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:02 PM

PS2 HAS NO ONLINE MODE. GET OVER IT.

Sorry but some people need to hear it like that to get the message.

#38 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

upgrade is the best option

PS2-aint gonna have online
PS2-isnt gonna have that many games coming out for it as they used to
PS2-is no comparison to PS3/360

plus developers all of them wanna make only new gen systems so they look good and cool lol?

#39 Randy_Orton_4life

Randy_Orton_4life

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:03 PM

So wat happens to Iwish :(

#40 DesTiNys_ChiLD

DesTiNys_ChiLD

KiD2ExQuiSiTe UTD

• Code-X Member
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:33 PM

why u care so much about iwish lol

he was kidding he staying

Z_Z

#41 Randy_Orton_4life

Randy_Orton_4life

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:16 PM

View Postobi191, on Nov 6 2007, 08:33 PM, said:

Z_Z

Cuz no Online ok tat sucks but Iwish quitting would make up for the loss :D

#42 TheRealRKO

TheRealRKO

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:53 AM

doesnt matter to me anymore cuz now im a proud 360 owner and i wont be going back to the ps2......EVER!!!!!!

#43 PrettyBoyAJ

PrettyBoyAJ

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Member
  • 5,171 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:40 AM

View PostRandy_Orton_4life, on Nov 7 2007, 12:16 AM, said:

View Postobi191, on Nov 6 2007, 08:33 PM, said:

Z_Z

Cuz no Online ok tat sucks but Iwish quitting would make up for the loss :D

Im not quitting bucko

#44 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:35 AM

maybe you shouldnt be so confident iwish lol.

#45 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

See the sig for where good television has gone.

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:33 AM

View PostiWish, on Nov 5 2007, 10:40 AM, said:

Im not quitting bucko
Then don't be so confident when you just got proved wrong...to coin a Benoit phrase.

#46 TheRealRKO

TheRealRKO

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:50 AM

As of today there is only ONE reserved copy of SDvsRaw08 for ps2 in Uniontown Pennsylvania, this past sunday they had over 100 reserved for it, really shows the ps2 is dying out.......

#47 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:58 AM

I kind of expected this to happen. Reason being is that NFS Carbon on PS2 doesn't have online mode. NFS series on PS2 stopped online but SvR 2007 came out the same year and it had online.

Now while i am not happy about the fact that PS2 users don't get to play online but i also see thier point of doing this as it furthers the market of video games as the more people who buy Next Gen systems the more mainstreem they get.

I am not sure what makes them think people will buy a Next Gen System just for one game but rest assured we can expect more of the same from PS2 versions of the games that have counter parts on Next Gen Consoles. Sooner or later PS2 will be totaly phased out and if people want the new games then we won't have a choice but to buy Nex Gen.

#48 LettersFromWar

LettersFromWar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

...so let me get this straight here. People complain all year long about how much online sucks for PS2 because 97% of them are hackers and it's nearly impossible to find a good online match that's not hosted by someone you know in real life, or on a forum, or whatever. They take it out, and the same people complain about it saying that doing that totally ruins the PS2 game. Sure, online is fun to have if you want to face someone on Code X, or caws.ws, or whatever who you know won't cheat or use hacks. It's not the end of the world. I've survived without online play and have gotten a whole years worth of playing time out of SDvR 06 and 07.

#49 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:04 PM

I agree with what your saying about that. Also the fact to game makers though if they are making a PS2 game and cut something from it to fade out the PS2 so people get into the Next Gen then why bother making a PS2 version of a game at all. I mean if your gonna try and fade out the PS2 then you might aswell not bother making a PS2 version of the game thats being made. Also THQ/Yukes should have put online in it and then just not bother with PS2 if they want to fade it out from their franchise or whoever wants it faded out. I mean the NHL games have online and they are 2008 and 2K8 so why not SvR08 have online.

The game is still fun though but the online would have made it have more replayability.

#50 Guest_scandalas_*

Guest_scandalas_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:51 PM

View PostAntiChrist Superstar, on Nov 6 2007, 12:19 PM, said:

View PostTheRealRKO, on Nov 3 2007, 02:39 PM, said:

they didnt turn they're back on ps2 basicly just said hey theres new systems so lets make the old ps2 just have a standard edition while the new systems have online becuase well they're new ps2 is old now let them get a new system

View PostAntiChrist Superstar, on Nov 6 2007, 09:14 PM, said:

upgrade is the best option

PS2-aint gonna have online
PS2-isnt gonna have that many games coming out for it as they used to
PS2-is no comparison to PS3/360

plus developers all of them wanna make only new gen systems so they look good and cool lol?

Thanks undertaker ba for making since people dont realize that 2/10 matchs have hackers and that online is one of the best thing ever for sum of us. also i would like to note that that ps2 can definetly be compared to ps3 because ps3 has ben i told f*ckin flop the past year., and lastly i would like to say how would you like it if code-x shut down and all u had was svr07 codes and u wish u could get codes for 07 but ucouldnt ever, or wat if we online players told you to get over it if u could never get on code-x ever again because of its closin....think about it