H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:10 AM

Well Joey Murcery, I Heard Hes Been In ROH But Do You Reckon Hell Make A Return Or Is A He A One-Hit Wonder

#2 Jericho

Jericho

The best in the world...

• Code-X Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:59 AM

No he will not return to WWE. WWE released him, and well... yeah he is crappy and the only thing he did was weigh John Morrison down.

#3 Trademark

Trademark

Unashamed

• Code-X Member
  • 2,971 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

I'm glad Joey Mercury isn't with the WWE no more because in my opinion John Morrison is better off as a singles wrestler. If anything I see Joey Mercury going to TNA. But that is just my opinion. But if he did go back to the WWE then I'd say give him an entirely new gimmick and build him up as a singles wrestler if anything else.

#4 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:41 AM

Mercury was in TNA doing dark matches but they opted not to use him. He got released from WWE for drug issues, so don't expect to see him back.

#5 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

If people can sort their drug problems out the wwe has been known to give them second chances on more than one ocassion. Jeff Hardy is one example and Eddie Guerrero is another. You've just got to prove that your clean at that moment in time and that you're better than ever.

Joey Mercury on the indy scene has been known to be an outstanding worker in the past, so the potential is there, and was half the reason he got signed in the first place. IMO, if he can go ahead and prove his worth again he might get a shot as a midcard jobber in the wwe again, but I can't see him going any further. He's got no character, and in the wwe that's crucial. Mercury would probably end up being the new Charlie Haas tbh, as it'd be hard to team him up with another guy sucessfully due to the greatness that was MNM.

#6 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

Well, notice the path of who they let back. How they are top guys in the business. A mercury wouldn't be let back then. If he was, he would likely just be jobbed, as you said.

#7 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

You've got me on that one, but I'm sure they aren't the only two, there has probably been some mid to lower card wrestlers given second chances in the past. Plus you can never second guess the WWE, who would have thought that D'Lo Brown would be brought back? Who'd hav thought that Funaki would still be around? The WWE knows and understands that it needs jobbers, people like Santino, Val Venis, Funaki, Charlie Hass etc. Bringing somebody back to job, even with a bad history wouldn't be boyond them. e

#8 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

D'Lo wasn't released for drug use. He was a good candidate to come back, being a great midcard guy. Always brought entertainment, and could be a crowd favorite. Val Venis and Funaki are barely on TV anymore. Venis is injured actually. I am a little stunned to see Santino called a jobber. Sure, he lost to D Lo and Beth, but he is in an angle coming up it seems.

They really haven't brought back any low midcarders, or regular middcarders for that matter, from drug related releases.

#9 Ryan

Ryan

CM-PUNK.com/BITW

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,834 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:50 AM

Brian Christopher AKA Grand Master Sexay!!!!

Now there was a guy who got busted for drugs and was brought back, but then again when he did come back he only lasted about 2 weeks, lol.

I know what your saying though, it doesn't happen often and I wouldn't expect it to happen often in the future but Mercury is a good worker and IMO I think he really could earn a shot at the wwe again. He's just gonna have to work especially hard to earn it. Like I said though I just see him as a Charlie Haas jobber, the msot he could hope for is a regular mid card role on ECW.

#10 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:54 AM

I didn't really like Mercury. A pretty boy if you asked me.

#11 Ollie The Magic Bum

Ollie The Magic Bum

BALL DON'T LIE!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:06 PM

Bring in Christian York as well as Joey Matthews. They were an awesome team near the end of ECW.

#12 Hargy

Hargy

H F X 0 1 0

• Code-X Member
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:14 AM

View PostOllie The Magic Bum, on Jul 26 2008, 02:06 PM, said:

Bring in Christian York as well as Joey Matthews. They were an awesome team near the end of ECW.
Thats just not gonna happen

#13 twinkle07

twinkle07

Code-X.ws' Doppelgänger

• Code-X Member
  • 707 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:38 AM

Am I the only person in this thread who liked Mercury? True Nitro had a better look, more charisma and more talent in his left foot than Mercury had in his entire body but still. As people here have been saying, WWE needs more jobbers. I meant Kofi Kingston beating "The Most Dangerous Man in OVW" Paul Burchill...I don't believe that but Kofi slapping Mercury around...now that would be more believable. Sure Mercury was a pretty boy (though after that ladder match bust up awhile back I'm not so sure) and a crappy wrestler on his own but give him a solid tag partner (who essentially could carry him) and you're laughing. Of course they'd never live upto MNM but MNM was a golden tag team that Murcury was lucky enough to be a part of.

Edited by twinkle07, 27 July 2008 - 06:44 AM.

#14 Ollie The Magic Bum

Ollie The Magic Bum

BALL DON'T LIE!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

View PostHARGY, on Jul 27 2008, 06:14 AM, said:

View PostOllie The Magic Bum, on Jul 26 2008, 02:06 PM, said:

Thats just not gonna happen

Why wouldn't it? If they brought back Joey Mercury, why not bring in his old partner to boost a crappy tag division? Seems to make sense to me.