• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Future WHC

Future WHC

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

I bought this game in the winter of 2005. I got it shortly after Eddie Guerrero died. For a while, it was one of my favorite games, having been hugely addicted to WWF Attitude in the past, in which this game pales in comparison. :wub:

However, thinking about it now, after watching the series improve so much, I think this game actually kind of sucks now. But at least I got to make custom wrestlers based on my GIJoe / Action Man / Strike Force dolls.

My main gripe lies with the rubbish soundtrack, the chimpanzee like behavior in the Elimination Chamber, and the compressed looking camera angles in every other match. Seriously, the music is nippy. The songs that play when you go to select your match type is some of the most irritating music I've ever heard. Fortunately, I recently discovered this can be turned off, or at least turned down. :yes:

The tag team matches are my favorite kind of match. But this game is very robotic. 2 on 2 matches consist of the illegal guy coming in every time you apply the weakest submission moves possible. This ends up an annoyance as the referee tries to restore order and occasionally back flips your partner by accident or throws you off the ring posts, as he tries to get you (or your partner) to return to the apron.

Another problem lies with the ref himself. 4 accidental or deliberate attacks on the referee and the bell sounds. 15 minutes later, you scratch your head and wonder why you bothered. :blink:

This issue was omitted in the 2009 and 2010 versions, to a degree. When you do your finisher or signature move in those two games, your partner(s) step in in during a 6 man or 2 on 2 tag bout, and distract the other wrestlers, allowing you to pin the legal man with relative ease. This is why I totally love 2010 but detest 2006 up until 2008. But the three Hulk Hogans were great fun, brother! B)

The games have their moments, I suppose. But in all honesty, the older games certainly are beginning to show their age! ;)

Peter.

Edited by The Wrestler, 02 April 2010 - 02:15 PM.