TNA Impact 2 Wishlist... (No roster predictions though)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 projekt k

projekt k

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:10 AM

Ok so I recently posted TNA 1 wasn't terrible, i rate it a 4/10 to a degree where I can still play it. But this post isn't about TNA 1 this is what I want in the 2nd game..

I think it should be subtitled kinda like the old smackdown games, IE Smackdown 2: Know Your Role...

TNA IMPACT 2: Cross the Line
or it can be character based... anyways..

Matches (that didn't make it the first time around):
6 Sides of Steel (With or Without Weapons)
King of the Mountain
Ladder Match
Cactus Jack Smack Attack (lol, with all of the Foley like weapons IE Santa statue, etc)(I don't expect this one)
Table Match (With Glass Tables and Wooden Tables)

The commentating didn't bother me, just update it, don't waste to much memory on it. The announcers really sound like they do in real life already in the game. It is very sad, but seriously very true so no need to change it much if you've already accomplished true life there. you may think different...

Weapons: These weapons would only appear in Falls Count Anywhere, Smack Attack Match, And backstage brawls...
When I say backstage brawls, I say they should make a backstage area that you can only fight in in certain segments during career, and after completing career you'd maybe unlock it in exhibition.

Barbed Wire (It's own weapon with the ability to wrap it around certain objects for several weapon options. You'd also be able to rap it around your fist and punch with it, foley would use it too with the mandible claw. And you can wrap it around your own head for the ultimate top rope head butt. lol that would be cool.

Fire extinguisher, Baseball Bat, Tables, ladders, Glass tables, Thumbtacks, Santa yard statue, Road Signs, led pipe, belt, brass knuckles. Not to much in this area that enough really...

I want 6 and 8 man matches as well. I'd like to see a 8 man x division title where everyone springboards off the rope and they all collide, now that would be impressive collision detection.

Career mode would be more of a basic ladder to success. Like you enter and its like January 1st. Now I would say keep like 4 international arenas. Mexico, Japan, America, and Europe. You could enter in career with an existing superstar, a knock out or a created superstar. Now a knock out would be boring in this game because I say wait one more game before adding masses of knock outs, but still you would be able to challenge for legends, tag and any belt really to make it fair. From this point you choose someone and it asks you if you want to be established or work your way from the bottom. If you choose work your way from the bottom it than asks you to select where you are from. Hence the 4 national arenas above. You perform in a series of jobber matches with random generated CAWS building your character, their popularity, and style. You then apply to perform in a dark match at a TNA event where you finally get entered into TNA. Beating jobbers before this would unlock new moves and create a wrestler parts. Now that you are in TNA beating superstars unlocks them and you would have some control over who you face...

So continuing, lets say you reach an overall of 58 and you join TNA. You would haven the option to challenge anyone below you up to the number 72 overall lets say. Being 65 through 72 the chances get harder for the superstar to accpet challenge. And anything above wouldn't even appear or wouldn't even talk to you. Once you reach 65 overall you would then be able to enter a title ranking system. Which at first you'd only be in one at a time. But would earn TNA rankings like jobber, indie, superstar, hero, legend. Hero could hold 2 belts at a time, and legend could hold all if they desired. I'd involve story into the actual TNA portion of the career. And I would only include about a years worth of story. After that it's generic cutscenes. Honestly I say they could make a bad ass generic career mode all together with this system. Now you would gain enemies and friends allowing you to choose your tag teams and stables...

CREATE A STABLE HAS TO BE IN with the option to create Sub Teams maybe.

Generic cutscenes would be like a cutscene of a challenge for every superstar, a cut scene of a reaction to a challenge for every superstar, a after match stretcher cutscene for various injuries IE broken arm, concusion, sprained ankle, etc.

Include injuries, they dont have to announce them, but lets say they report your body damage at the end of the match. Anything below 60% can't perform until they are healed back to at least 85%. And if you geta serious injury cutscene you get like a 20% body damage and won't return till you reach 100%. This would allow them to strip your belt, cut your popularity, cut your ranking etc.

If they have these generic cutscenes they could have a TNA Management mode option for career mode where you could be Jarret or Foley. This would be like general manager mode. Now what i didn't mention earlier in my career mode is you are not the only man alive, there would be 4 matches a night and 6 at PPV's. So in TNA Management mode you could make these matches with a nightly rating system you will try to achieve as high possible. You would have a TNA Popularity status where you're major goal would be to have the best wrestling program available in the entire world. Which would be achieved when the TNA Popularity meter hit 100%. Career and TNA Management would go forever, changing the year from 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and so on, not year 1 year 2 year3 because this just isn't clean looking.

Last things...

Custom Music
More complex move set - which I expect either way
500-1500 moves
Match Options
DQ's and Count outs
a referee in the ring
match with managers
tournaments, especially for tag teams
updates roster anything in TNA by the end of this spring should be in if the game is delayed like I expect
In worst case I think a best selected roster of 40 from those in TNA by March of 2009 is a good cut off date

thanks for reading

i like the game TNA impact, it has potential that the future TNA and Midway hold for us could be very nice. Also don't expect a TNA Management mode lol, but if Midway goes out of business, and EA picks it up, it's almost a guaranteed mode i believe in this generation of EA

follow me on twitter.com/monstrocity

#2 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

There is no 2nd game in planning. Midway went bankrupt with a lot due to this shitty game.

#3 projekt k

projekt k

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:19 AM

until you see the site say midway went out of business they still got like a couple years left on their contract. and there will be a second game because i guarantee when that company does go out of business EA won't hesitate in contacting TNA. The nice thing about it going to EA though if if did we would be able to use our real faces with xbox cam and the website has a upload feature for those in lack of that product. Takes like 30 minutes but they actually come out good. And also the good thing about EA picking it up is we would probably get some more matches, 6 on the screen at once, and a more generic story mode with championships. And I highly doubt we would get a huge CAW upgrade, more DLC, or even better commentary. These just never do good with EA Sports or EA in general. Now if Midway goes out of business and WWE switches companies to like EA or some other major company I would expect THQ to pick up the TNA title. But I highly doubt they will pick it up if WWE remains, and also I would expect it to play more like a mix between No Mercy and and the Smackdown Series...

In the meantime the new TNA is scheduled for December of this Year, and I expect it to be delayed to Spring, no later. I am also sure they are waiting for THQ to drop news on there game first so they can kind of compete since TNA Impact 2 will be TNA Impact 1 with all the missing features they removed plus a few more. Think about it WWE Smackdown then WWE Smackdown 2 Know Your Role. A huge difference I mean even match type count, and even CAW feature the 2nd game in the smackdown series shocked me. And had one of the best season modes, a bummer the graphics are gay. TNA Impact 2 will be way better, but if THQ offers me a impressive story/career mode I may differ in my likes, that is the mode I play the most usually so it better be endless lol. I prefer the 6 sided ring though, looks cooler. who knows.

Don't lose your hopes, and what do you care chances are you are renting it anyways if it comes out.