• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#51 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:16 AM

what i meant by WWE ******* RVD and not RVD ******* himself WAS they keep holding him back dude bceuase of something that happened a year ago and i said IF...WWE just said look RVD we can start this whole thing over again just...forgot about what happened then and in a few week we'll give you another push for the ECW title or whatever...he would say ok guys i'll try again i'll give 110% and not 50% and i will not go to TNA...either...that what i have BEEN trying to get across it's WWE fault...yes RVD did get busted BUT that was all most year ago...just drop that whole thing stop trying to hold him back til his contect is up so he'll leave for TNA have his fans started watching him over there helping the OTHER Company that wanteds to be top dog and Destroy WWE cus that's what TNA wants RVD to help them with and he's popular just like Angel and the other hand full of Superstars that jumped to TNA from WWE...they are hurting themselfs you see and thats what i'm getting at dude...RVD isn't the "bad guy" the WWE is...WWE could use RVD again just like they used to before he got busted before a year or so want they tursted him...and how knows he might changes some of this wreslting moves like you and Stu think he should i don't get that but hell he might be that glad that they admited they're still holding him to a year old durg busted...now Sabu he's probably thought that he wasn't being screwed and maybe he wasn't but than again maybe he was but i think they droped there thing with him cus he was newer than RVD so they told him ok your still a little new here so we're going to give you another chance...aslo RVD was the Champion so they were not going to be as easy as they were with Sabu and they were cus there are trying to hold him back cus it's been all most a year and he's not there champion anymore that shows me they don't care so he's doesn't care either

but it's been long enought i think...they should just drop this like i keep saying and start all over and RVD would be like ok lets just forgive and forget...RVD is the kind of guy who's easy going so i know he'll do that....but we're talking maybe's here so i don't think that will happen...when Jaff left WWE he left cus of Durgs problems to if i remember i heard that from a friend of mine he went to TNA...RVD will go to TNA after his contect is up with WWE and they will give him the push that WWE took from him now as i said before it will probably be a year long with him winning and loseing than winning the title for a final time and they will move him to the middle card and probably most likely give him a push as the X-Devision Champion like i said i see them doing about a year and a helf after he gets there

#52 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:46 AM

The thing is...

RVD NEEDS to earn another title opportunity by proving to WWE that he is serious about being a WWE Superstar and not have WWE hand him another title opportunity by saying "let's forget last year." WWE WILL NOT push RVD if they feel he is just going to leave them for TNA. RVD MUST PROVE that he is worth it.

#53 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:58 AM

you must look at it like this WWE has to make the first move and admit that their the ones who are still holding him back a year after he got busted...if they do that i 100% believe RVD will sign that contect for another year or whatever...and plus RVD would have to have some time to get back to his former level that is why i said they would give him a few weeks to profrom at 110% then they would give him the push...they took for him after the busted...but WWE isn't going to do that like i believe they won't...they will let him use what little time is on his contect then he'll jump to TNA for about two year like i think...fools they're stupid and don't see it like that thow o well their lost if you ask me <_<

#54 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:49 AM

View PostEvilMadness, on Feb 9 2007, 12:26 AM, said:

RVD doesn't have emotion in the Ring
Thus proving to me why he is merely average.

And it's not about giving 100% for the company. If you've even seen the old RVD you'll know it's not that different to the new one. No emotion, no psychology, no varied moves, no selling = bad/average wrestler. There's really no other argument at all.

And before you say it all doesn't matter, that's absolute crap. No emotion shows that the wrestler isn't playing his character. Where's his anger? His frustration? His upset? His happiness? If you don't have that, you're already a bad wrestler for not playing your character. Psychology: how are you supposed to win a match just by using random moves? The thing that sets Flair and Benoit out from the rest is that they have psychology in that all their moves have a purpose. Benoit works on the neck, so he uses a German Suplex - it's simple. It shows ring-savi and makes you look like something more than "pretty wrestling". No varied moves like RVD has makes it boring, and the only way people like Flair can pull it off is because they have purpose in the build up. RVD is just random stuff. No selling, well that just shits on the opponent's moves and makes both of you look bad, and RVD is just an average seller.

You can't determine a good from a bad wrestler just by the moves they do, if you don't go into psychology and emotion you're argument is void in my opinion.

Oh and before you ask "who cares about emotion, psychology, selling, etc" well everyone should, otherwise you don't get a realistic match. Wrestling is fake - everyone knows it, but if you have those three, it looks more real, doesn't it? Since RVD does not have them (and this is all the way through his career), he is nothing as a wrestler because if he can't feel his own character, how the hell are we supposed to? All his pretty spot-fest moves are fantastic - if they have build up. They don't, so therefore he's not even SLIGHTLY a good wrestler.

Once again, when you just said "RVD has no emotion" you made your whole argument for him being good void.

#55 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:53 AM

Think of it this way..

If you have a son in school and his grades are lacking... Are you going to reward him with a PS3 BEFORE or AFTER his next report card?

Do you understand why Bret Hart was screwed in Montreal? He was the WWF Champion and was visiting WCW because he wanted to leave WWF. The WWF Champion was going to WCW!

WWE would be stupid to give RVD a great title push if he will possibly go to TNA. You should base your judgment of RVD based on how the company is affected by RVD and not judge him based on being just a fan of RVD.

#56 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

PHOENIX'S BITTER BITTER RIVAL!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:53 AM

RVD HAS HAD as you say evil "ONE WHOLE YEAR" to prove that he DESERVES a title run. Why the **** would wwe say after a month or 2, ok RVD you got us alot of heat by getting busted for pit but were willing to forget it all and give you the belt back after you ****ed up.

THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!! stop basing your opinions and comments as a fan and look @ it from vinces perspective. Rvd has had TONS of chances to show he can perform well in ecw...just cuz they dropped him as the champion doesn't mean he should just half ass his shit. You keep saying rvd isn't peforming cuz he isn't being pushed but why exactly does he DESERVE a push? Cuz the fans like him? Fans love carlito, flair, orton, edge, finlay are they getting title pushes?? Carlito hasn't had a title in like a year, flair about 6 months, orton a year, edge(even though he got the tag belts he hasnt had the WORLD title since September 17, 2006 when cena beat him @ unforgiven. Sept. to feb. thats about 6 months w/ out a world title..

# July 4, 2006--ECW on Sci Fi: The Big Show defeated Rob Van Dam to win the ECW World title when Paul Heyman screwed RVD..
# July 5, 2006: Rob Van Dam began a 30 day suspension given by WWE as required in the WWE Wellness Program new drug policy..
So thats 1 month of not being on wwe tv...so lets technically say he's had since august to catch back up and show that he DESERVES a title run...

# October 17, 2006--ECW on Sci Fi: Rob Van Dam defeated ECW Champion The Big Show to earn a future ECW World title shot! (oh look he beat THE CHAMPION and got a title shot) yeah he's being held back

let's see here

# September 5, 2006--ECW on Sci Fi: Rob Van Dam & Sabu defeated Test & Mike Knox w/Kelly Kelly..
# September 12, 2006--ECW on Sci Fi: Rob Van Dam defeated Hardcore Holly
# October 10, 2006--ECW on Sci Fi: Sabu & Rob Van Dam & The Sandman defeated The Big Show & Test & Matt Striker..
# October 24, 2006--ECW on Sci Fi: Rob Van Dam defeated ECW Champion The Big Show in a Ladder match to earn a title shot!
# November 28, 2006--ECW on Sci Fi: Rob Van Dam defeated Sabu in an Elimination Chamber Warm-up Match..
# December 5, 2006--ECW on Sci Fi: Rob Van Dam & C.M. Punk (arm bandaged) defeated Hardcore Holly & Test
# January 23, 2007--ECW on Sci Fi: RVD beat Sandman, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer & Kevin Thorn in an Over the Top Rope Challenge..

What about him winning all these matches in ecw?? Doesn't look like he's being held back just looks like they don't trust him enough ti just HAND HIM a world title. Personally I thought Show was doing a stand up job as ecw champion.

Now like I said he had untill the end of last week to tell WWE he;s either staying or leaving. Now if wwe was "HOLDING HIM BACK" why would they let him win big matches against ECW's top stars(test, holly, show, EVE HEYMAN!!) why would they let him win an over the top rope challenge when they could ahve just as easily had thorn win the match or have sabu win the match. No they let RVD win the match. All signs seem to point that wwe thinks rvd has talent and is a good guy to have around but they don't wanna just hand him a title run because he got busted for possesion of pot. You seem to forget the wwe's Wellness Program drug policy.

Drug And Alcohol Policy

It is WWE's desire to provide a drug-free, healthy and safe workplace. While on WWE premises and while conducting business-related activities off premises, no employee may use, possess, distribute, sell or be under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol (unless the use of alcohol is appropriate for the situation, such as in the case of a business dinner or cocktail party, in which case alcohol may be used only in moderation). The legal use of prescribed drugs is permitted on the job if it does not impair an employee’s ability to perform the essential functions of the job and in a safe manner that does not endanger other individuals in the workplace.

There will be "baseline" testing, from which no penalties will result. From there, a positive test for continued use of any prohibited substance will result in a 30 day suspension without pay. A second positive test will result in a 60 day suspension without pay, or in-patient care if Dr. Black so determines. A third positive test results in termination.
________________________________________________________________________________

Now rvd never tested possitive BUT he was caught in possesion of an illegal substance. The wwe suspended him for 30 days and stripped him of both belts..

Look @ this

# August 13, 2006--WWE/ECW House Shows: Rob Van Dam defeated Kurt Angle.
# August 22, 2006--ECW on Sci Fi: Rob Van Dam defeated Danny Doring (Hardcore Holly attacked RVD after the match)..

8 days after he came back after his suspension he wins a match against angle.
12 days after he came back to ecw he wins a match ON TV
and as i showed above since rvd has come back to ecw he's had an awful alot of wins for someone who is being "held back" by wwe...

Please explain to me #1 why does rvd deserve a title run in ecw #2 how exactly is wwe "HOLDING BACK" rvd?? Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the whole meaning of "holding back" a superstar is making him job, not putting him on tv, not giving him title shots, keeping him on the low end of the shows...Seems to me rvd was either in the main event or upper match card in ecw AFTER his drug bust. So how was rvd held back??

hmm let's see...Jeff Hardy was FIRED by the wwe and went to tna. Thing is I don't ever remember him holding a title..How strange a wwe star jumped ship and didnt hold a title..Kid kash, same thing., d-lo brown(no title), shannon moore, team 3d, james gang, scott steiner..Interesting how all these "STARS" jumoed from the wwe to TNA and yet not a single one of them have had a title in TNA. TITLES DON'T MAKE YOU A STAR!!!

How many WORLD titles has regal won?
How about jeff and matt hardy?
KANE 1 day title run
Kennedy 0
Finlay 0
CM Punk 0(besides indy feds)
Holly 0
Monty Brown 0
But guess what..All those guys are some of the biggest talents in the WWE RIGHT NOW!!!

RVD doesn't need a title run to prove he deserves a "PUSH"
He needs to be LOYAL
Going to TNA is NOT LOYAL

Like Sergio said, "why give the guy the ecw title when he's openly said for about 2-3 months now that he's leaving to TNA AS SOON as his contract expires. What you think wwe is gonna say "OH OK RVD we'll give you the belt and once your contract expires you can leave w/ the belt and show up on TNA and toos it in the garbage like RHINO did w/ the original World title. No thats RIDICULOUS. Same shit happened when they released Madusa(Alundra Blayze) She went over on LIVE WCW TV and tossed the ORIGINAL womens championship in a garbage can ON WCW MONDAY NITRO!!!

getting the Point yet?

#57 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:43 PM

View PostStu, on Feb 9 2007, 01:49 AM, said:

View PostEvilMadness, on Feb 9 2007, 12:26 AM, said:

RVD doesn't have emotion in the Ring
Thus proving to me why he is merely average.

And it's not about giving 100% for the company. If you've even seen the old RVD you'll know it's not that different to the new one. No emotion, no psychology, no varied moves, no selling = bad/average wrestler. There's really no other argument at all.

And before you say it all doesn't matter, that's absolute crap. No emotion shows that the wrestler isn't playing his character. Where's his anger? His frustration? His upset? His happiness? If you don't have that, you're already a bad wrestler for not playing your character. Psychology: how are you supposed to win a match just by using random moves? The thing that sets Flair and Benoit out from the rest is that they have psychology in that all their moves have a purpose. Benoit works on the neck, so he uses a German Suplex - it's simple. It shows ring-savi and makes you look like something more than "pretty wrestling". No varied moves like RVD has makes it boring, and the only way people like Flair can pull it off is because they have purpose in the build up. RVD is just random stuff. No selling, well that just shits on the opponent's moves and makes both of you look bad, and RVD is just an average seller.

You can't determine a good from a bad wrestler just by the moves they do, if you don't go into psychology and emotion you're argument is void in my opinion.

Oh and before you ask "who cares about emotion, psychology, selling, etc" well everyone should, otherwise you don't get a realistic match. Wrestling is fake - everyone knows it, but if you have those three, it looks more real, doesn't it? Since RVD does not have them (and this is all the way through his career), he is nothing as a wrestler because if he can't feel his own character, how the hell are we supposed to? All his pretty spot-fest moves are fantastic - if they have build up. They don't, so therefore he's not even SLIGHTLY a good wrestler.

Once again, when you just said "RVD has no emotion" you made your whole argument for him being good void.

View PostEvilMadness, on Feb 8 2007, 06:26 PM, said:

RVD doesn't need WWE to be successful you people said RVD doesn't have emotion in the Ring i told why he's wouldn't but you ******* keep asking me to example it...i said RVD is being held back by WWE cus he was busted for poot

i didn't say RVD didn't have emotion and i tolded that...thats what your two opinions are hell Stu it wouldn't make much since for me to even be ******* debating this at ALL WOULD IT <_< think about it....dude i think RVD has great in Ring emotion and what no...but since he lefting in a Few mouths he not USEING it...becuase there no need to work your ass off for people who are holding you back and people who don't like you he's going to TNA becuase of THAT you and icon say o he doesn't Wreslte Well cus he's does kick and high flying moves ALL time and he never changes any of his moves...it's all the same thing and really i don't see what the F*** your talking about i like RVD's Wreslting skills...now i will admit he's not Wreslting at 100% CUS he's planning on Quiting in a few mouths LIKE HE SHOULD it's all WWE...WWE (as i KEEP SAYING) is the "bay guys" here...but they will never admit they cus they know miss Guided fools like yourself and Icon will...see it as RVD's fualt...they will all go back to that hold drug busted (that happened all most a year ago i might add)...and you all said o RVD's still getting title shots :o WOW a ****in Title Shot....when WWE stops holding him back and gives him an actual TITLE RUN A LONG PUSH as their ECW Champion...like you KNOW he should than I'LL Admit the RVD sucks....or at least should work on a few thing but that's not going to happen and you guys know it to <_<...you just don't want to admit it...Benoit and Flair...you want to know my honest opinion about them....they are good they Wreslte well i enjoy their matches Benoit and Finely give great Matches on Smackdown...Flair profroms well to for his age...BUT i think RVD does the same as they do when he trys...RVD isn't going to try anymore cus he's waiting from his time to be up with WWE so he can jump to TNA after that

Icon you got alot of stuff there...i'll tell you what there alot of Title SHOT Matches...you know Wreslting is fake and that WWE chooses a winner before the match even happens so that doesn't prove a damn thing...O will give RVD a Title Shot to keep him happy so he'll sign with us again we won't give him the push but we'll give him a Shot at the Title...make it look like they're giveing him a chance...that Shit doesn't prove anything to me...but i what i'v been sading from the beginning WWE is trying to HOLD RVD Back and make it look like they're not <_<...and that drug busted is all most a year old it's been a long time since they give him the push the should of finished before...personally i think your just going along with Stu but it doesn't matter...i still i'm not convinced RVD suck or isn't being held back...that RVD it turely the only one ******* himself <_<

i don't see it yet

#58 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:53 PM

Oh so I'm a misguided fool now? Good to know I can still have a healthy debate around here. But what would I know? All I did was make long-ass posts

How is RVD not trying? He's performing the exact same he always did. Where you're getting this new idea from is beyond me.

How has RVD got emotion? You say he doesn't, now you're saying he does. Where's his selling? Where's his psychology? And I mean anytime in his career. Go on, not just his "held back WWE days" but in his entire career give some examples of psychology, selling and emotion. I mean, it's all well and good saying he has it, but if you don't prove it with examples of matches, then why should I believe your argument?

#59 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:29 PM

FIRST off Stu i didn't mean it like that dude your long ass posts are great...i like this topic are i wouldn't be debateing it...it's nice to see what others think about RVD and him going to TNA after his contect it up

ok i'll give you a timeline before he won the WWE/ECW titles those matches and the Money the Bank Match at WreslteMania 22 thats great profromes his gave was the one that really got me...when he beat Cena at ECW's One Night Stand i loved that match for the pics. i saw (yes i will admit i didn't get to see it all) and the little videos i saw...those are examples of the matches that got me started i know he isn't profroming at 100% and theres no reason to when he's going to quit anyhow and when your boss holds you back all the time...now your probably going to said o well i thought those matches sucked but those are some of the matches that really got me on the RVD fan clue lol...but ever since that poot thing WWE hasn't really given him a chance and it's like there holding him back cus he missed up once...ONCE that's an old story that should die...RVD proforms well if...he wants to...he'll SHOW his proforms again but he'll probably just Wreslte like hes been doing since that Examination Clamber match in December (that's about the time i noticed him not proforming like you and Icon say but it's like i keep telling you he's not proform at his best cus that probably when he siad i'm going to TNA)....anyhow you remember when i posted that topic about RVD right after he won the WWE title huh that's when it got me i know that RVD was going to start getting what he worked his ass from for...but it's like after he got busted for poot they droped him and i could see them not giving him shit for 3 mouths and that 30 day supsendion or whatever it was...but hell drop it RVD is not profroming AT his BEST cus theres no need to profrom like that when he's waiting to quit cus of them it's all there fualt for holding him back

Edited by EvilMadness, 09 February 2007 - 02:35 PM.

#60 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:40 PM

Money in the Bank: He did two or three spots and no-sold everything. Plus he was only 1 sixth of the match. RVD did nothing to wow me there.

Against Cena: Better and a good match, but only due to entertainment values. In terms of wrestling, emotion, psychology it was average. Crowd made that great, not Cena or RVD.

If that's RVD's best then I am still not even close to being convinced.

And there's every need to perform if you're not getting pushed. It's more of a reason to perform. You need to prove you have earned your spot. Since getting busted, he's done (pardon my language) **** ALL! Yes, so we should obviously re-push him for doing nothing and not proving he's changed? Everyone earned their pushes, just like RVD did at the start of the year. When he got the title, he takes drugs and ****s it up. Now you're complaining he's not getting re-pushed? When he's not even doing anything to prove he deserves it? Wow.

Earn your push by performances. RVD performing badly because he's not been pushed (as you say) is exact proof why he's a bad wrestler with a shit attitude.

#61 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:03 PM

evil it seems as if your just a wwe rvd fan and have no recollection of anything he's done prior to the wwe..

rvd is a spot momkey just like sabu who only performs "well" in hardcore type matches..

tell me evil...what makes rvd DESERVE another title run? seriously...give me that answer that ive been asking in every one of my posts...What has rvd done in the past 7-8 months that makes him DESERVE a title run...You seem to be ignoring all of mine and stu's points...title runs dont mean SHIT!!! kennedy, regal etc...I don't need to type this again you know titles dont mean shit there just a nice add on..

rvd has never been mega pushed in wwe because he is NOTHING SPECIAL!!!
so because you saw a couple of rvd's spot matches and saw a halfway decent match w/ cena you think rvd is the greatest!?!?

Please evil know your facts and history of a wrestler and his matches before you start debating wether or not he DESERVES an ecw title run...Again the only ******* reason he even got those damn belts was cuz ecw came back!!!

wwe title wasn;t supposed to be a long term thing...ecw was but he messed up so they needed to teach him a lesson just like they did w/ orton, eugene, mercury, masters, etc etc...

you **** up in wwe you better expect to be de-pushed and not given a "PUSH" until you prove you are ready!!

#62 dttm667

dttm667

The end result is always your money in my tray. 7, 14, 21.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:07 PM

Wrong, he was only in posession of Pot, which is a class D misdemeanor. Sabu was in possession of the pipe and some freaking vicodin. A PAIN killer, which is nothing to scoff at but if WWE were to raid the bags and lugagge of all WWE workers (In in ring workers) Nobody would have a title or a title shot by those standards. Its not fair to hold RVD to these standards when they wont hold Orton to the same standards when he has already been in trouble for the same offense....PLUS MORE. The double-standard pisses me off.

Say what you want about RVD, WWE has formatted his entire moveset since day one. You will never see RVD/Lynn quality in WWE, you will never see RVD & Sabu/Jinsei Shinzaki & Hayabusa in WWE. And for those who sit and say these matches are spotfests, I'll give you one of the 2, the tag match was a spotfest. But quite a bit of Lynn/RVD was innovation, creativity, reversals you had never seen before, and technichal wrestling mixed with martial arts. Of course you put someone like RVD in the ring with a joke like Cena and RVD is going to look the same as always. Put him in the ring with someone who has skill, who is creative, who is fast enough to keep up, and give them some time to put some thought into it and your going to get a classic. Sure your going to see botched moves, thats a part of doing something new. Sometimes some of the botched spots in ECW were overlooked just due to the innovation, and the fact that next time it was gonna look sick.

RVD was never cut out for WWE, and frankly I have always questioned the move (Aside from the fact that he needed a job and there was nobody else.) I dont care what YOUR positiion is on it. I dont care what YOU think about it, I enjoy seeing RVD get to do what he does best in the ring. IMPROVISE! TNA is the only place I can "Watch" him do so, with the likes of AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and the rest of the X-Division. Here are the kids who more than likely spent their teenage years watching ECW, and Lucador style wrestling and are of like mind. Who better for RVD to work with, in a company that wont say "No, you cant do that" or "NO YOU CANT SAY THAT" What happened to the days of ROB VAN DAM getting to spend 2 minutes and 30 seconds telling you why he is "The Whole ****in Show" WWE has censored him in the ring, on the mic, and even with his "Glory Hog" gimmick. What was great about the ECW Van Dam is he was supposed to be a heel, and was just OVER. He was the paradox to ECW that SCSA was to the WWE in the very early days of the attitude era. And why did ECW fans, and wrestling fans like RVD (Despite the fact he is a gloating, obnoxious, narcisist?) Cause he would get it done in the ring, and you would enjoy watching him in the ring.

I miss those days, despite what TNA does with him, if they let him run with himself and his own gimmick (As they pretty much do with everyone) I will enjoy watching it. It is FAR over-due.

#63 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:08 PM

umm dude your missing the point there isn't a NEED if when you do give it your all they hold him back...now RVD proved himself to me in those match i didn't really like RVD before that Money in the Bank Match (and i knew you wouldn't agree with me) and that Cena match i thought it proved when more that he had made that next level kind of step...and the fans did make the match better from what little i saw...now again i knew you wouldn't agree cus hell he hate RVD i guess but i know Form those to Proforms that RVD could be great like that IF he wanted to it's all if he wants to...but WWE is the one "*******" RVD they have to make the first move i like i told Sergio if they did that it would end everything he would proform like he did before...at the beginning when i frist got into it and started enjoying his matches like i did then but they're so stupid and your one of the guys who thinks WWE is always right when they aren't...not in this case RVD got busted a year all most...he proformed well til his last great match which like i said was in that Examination Clamber match thats the last great proforms and you want to know something that's about the time i stoped watching ECW...cus his proforms when down from there in my eyes

then and week are so ago i created this topic cus i read off of someone Sig. that RVD should go to TNA i thought hell IF thats the case maybe he'll start Wreslting like he did before that durg busted and maybe he'll get the push...i haven't see that yet...but it will happen...you say RVD proformed badly his whole Wreslting career...i say that's not ture now we're to different people...i don't think you'll change your mind about him...and i damn sure ain't...but for the hell of it i can at least talk about how i think he's...a great wreslter...i think he profroms 50% in his reason matches cus he think WWE isn't giving him his dones you think he's just any all around **** head who can't Wreslte and needs to quit...i think RVD should go to TNA and get the shot WWE took from him after a poot thing that is a year old...RVD if WWE will not give you a push of to TNA thats what i think

#64 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:14 PM

If you think the Elimination Chamber was a great performance by RVD, that says it all in my book. There's really nothing more I can say without repeating myself - I'm just going round in circles and my main points are being ignored by your arguments that aren't even backed up by evidence. RVD is a spot-monkey - simple as. A no selling, no psychology spot monkey.

I'm done here because obviously what I say doesn't even make sense.

#65 dttm667

dttm667

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:23 PM

Well I have to agree with Stu on the EEC match....No selling? My post must have been overlooked.

#66 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:26 PM

i guess not...believe me if this was offline face to face dude i could give you a better example...plus you don't listen and competely miss my points so i guess it is pointless to debate it with you...when all you can come up with it how he's not as good as Beniot or and other Wreslter YOU like <_<

#67 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:32 PM

View Postdttm667, on Feb 9 2007, 09:23 PM, said:

Well I have to agree with Stu on the EEC match....No selling? My post must have been overlooked.
RVD/Lynn was a classic, I admit. I'm not going to sit here and deny that because that would just make me look like a fool. I want to see RVD in TNA - he'd suit the style perfectly. It's just not a good style I like. Rehearsed matches with rehearsed spots like the X-Division or RVD does looks awful, it really does.

i guess not...believe me if this was offline face to face dude i could give you a better example...plus you don't listen and competely miss my points so i guess it is pointless to debate it with you...when all you can come up with it how he's not as good as Beniot or and other Wreslter YOU like
Wow, you missed my argument so much it's unbelievable. I'm saying RVD is average because he lacks qualities Benoit, Angle, Finlay, Regal have: psychology, selling, emotion. Simple as that. That's what makes wrestlers great, not pretty little mark wrestling like RVD's WWE run has been (since 2001).

#68 dttm667

dttm667

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:31 PM

RVD sells his own finisher, I dont see how you can say he doesnt sell properly.

#69 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2007 - 04:43 PM

View Postdttm667, on Feb 9 2007, 10:31 PM, said:

RVD sells his own finisher, I dont see how you can say he doesnt sell properly.
He sells once in a match, but he totally disregards all other pain to try the Five Star. Where's the psychology in that? I remember a match against Benoit a few years back when RVD had his leg worked on all match and hits the Five Star and clutches his stomach - no leg selling? He even did the traditional jump up onto top rope. Where's the selling there? He's not the only one who does it. But one bit of selling doesn't make up for a whole match of average selling. He's an average seller - not bad, nor good.

The main reason I dislike RVD is his psychology and emotion (or lack of).

#70 J.O.B. (Joey)

J.O.B. (Joey)

There's More 2 Life Than Chasin Girls, That's Raising 2

• Code-X Member
  • 4,870 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:15 PM

I didnt read all that cuz thats a ass load to read but RVD isnt just like Sabu the same way hes not great like Benoit. RVD can have decent matches with just about anyone, but it takes the greats to make him great for the simple fact most of the time he doesnt try to do his best. I wouldnt say he doesnt have talent, he just doesn care to use it most of the time! I could understand Vince not wanting to give him a shot at the title as of how things are now, but what about before ? Maybe Vince wanted RVD to step up an prove himself, an Vince felt he finally did that only to be let down again! RVD in TNA is the best bet! It give RVD a fresh start with a promotion he could help make big!! RVD is a star in WWE, TNA could make him the Top Superstar!

#71 C. Rich

C. Rich

1-24/L=NDEV

• Code-X Member
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

If TNA keeps getting WWE talent then it will die. Plain and simple. Cause then people would just think its another WWE show. Look at Angle and Christian. They didn't even change their names. And they are both the top of TNA. Bad decision on TNA's part.

#72 Mr Merry

Mr Merry

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:36 PM

to me i think TNA is a watered down WCW and sending RVD there woul'nt make a difference TNA still sucks

#73 dttm667

dttm667

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:32 PM

Christian Cage was a name that was Trademarked by Christian before entering the WWE, why cant he use it?

Kurt Angle is his real ******* name? So why not build on his own credibility as a wrestler. We cant call him an Olympic Gold Medalist Joe ******* Schmoe. It would be stupid for him to change his name.\

In fact it's best if most guys can keep the name, so that their history follows them, but WWE doesnt like letting their talent use names that were used while in WWE unless they trademark it before netering WWE. Its a monopoly, and Vince is the tyrant behind it. Dont justify what he does to others by pointing the finger at 2 people who have nothing to do with it and say "They didnt change their names!!!"

#74 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:01 AM

I LIKE RVD...THE PEOPLE
saying I don't obviously haven't paid attention and read my posts from letter to letter. Much like stu I know rvd can put on good matches, but just because you can put on a "few" good matches doesn't mean you deserve to be the top dog..

Evil you pretty much are biased in this whole debate because you only know rvd in wwf/e...RVD has been the same his whole life...

Dtm-RVD is STILL cocky and still boats to the fans...He SUCKS @ promos so wwe doesn't give him the mic. I suppose you want RVD to talk about smoking everyones ass and saying his catchphrase but that doesn't work in wwe...
ECW RVD can't be ecw rvd in the wwe or TNA...RVD is and will continue to be a watered down version of what he used to be...

(in general)He has no drive or ambition and is only GREAT when given a GREAT opponent(See Jerry Lynn, Taz, Shane Douglas etc etc.) He has had awesome matches yes...But what match has been AWESOME from rvd in wwe that wasn't hardcore or against a top pro like hhh, flair or benoit..

Evil WHY DES RVD DESERVE A TITLE SHOT??
All I hear from you is "1 year drug bust, 1 year drug bust, rvd deserves it, he wont perform @ 100% cuz he wont get a push) It's the principle that they had to take the belt off of him or else they'd look bad. Rvd could have taken it like a man came back from his 30 day suspension and gave 110% in every one of his matches as well as not pissing off road agents and Vince McMahon himself...All of this heat on rvd has been caused by RVD...You don't get heat on you for NO REASON...VKM never have a problem with RVD before he won the belt. He gave him some good title runs and feuds. I can't ever remember rvd being lower that upper mid-card to main event. So that argument is null and void..

J.O.B.Joey- "Maybe Vince wanted RVD to step up an prove himself, an Vince felt he finally did that only to be let down again!"
This is the exact point I have been saying this whole ****ing thread and some ppl just don't seem to want to understand...

(in general)-How can anyone say, rvd didn't **** up, wwe ****ed up..
How did wwe **** up? By following there own drug policy?
Look perfect example is happening right now!!! TEST was getting a huge push, he was even being considered to be next ecw champ, what happens, he fails a drug test and jobs 3-4 times to lashley, loses there feud and is now suspended from house shows for 30 days...How come nobody is complaining that TEST is being held back??
Stop being rvd marks and see the situation.
RVD has pretty much been a jerk to the agents in wwe ever since he found out his title run wasn't gonna happen for quite some time. Maybe if RVD would have kept his composure and not acted like a complete dick wad backstage to management he might have been in Lashley's shoes or @ least in a feud w/ him. So all in all my point is preety much spot on when I say

RVD ****ED RVD!

Evil-".plus you don't listen and competely miss my points so i guess it is pointless to debate it with you"

Dude we have listened and answered every single on of your points with the truth. We have asked you over and over to tell us WHY Rvd DESERVES a title run and all we get in return is "IF WWE doesn't get him a chance. i never got to see that RVD the one who did those crazy ass moves in ECW. they could use that "old RVD" gimmick. they haven't given him another chance. I'll tell you this now RVD doesn't care because WWE stopped him in the middle of his push...because he got busted from pot a year ago."

Lets see here...WWE has put him in almost every main event since about a month after he came back from suspension...He's not gonna get a title shot within a few months of coming back if he acts like an ******* backstage..

You never got to see rvd in ecw yet you say he could use his "old rvd gimmick," how would you know what his old gimmick is if you've never seen him in ecw? You say they haven't given rvd another chance, maybe cuz he openly said he's leaving for tna and he mocks agents and vince himself backstage and acts like he did nothing wrong. Theres so many other people in this industry who have ****ed up but they came back from it and made themselves stars. Why hasn't rvd gotten himself even MORE OVER since his ecw days? I'd say he's been consistent throughout his career. Nothing special just good...You're right wwe did stop him in order to suspend him for having possesion of an illegal drug. WWE clearly stated what the policy was and RVD ignored the law and wwe's rules. Why does he deserve a shot in a year? Like I said I bet wwe would have slowly put him back to the top but they need to be shown he wants to get back to the top. He hasn;t shown much of anything except that he wants out.

RVD is his own worst enemy

#75 dttm667

dttm667

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:09 PM

WWE signed a KNOWN POT SMOKER, and turned their heads the other way for 5+ years. Then once he gets busted, and WWE looks bad, they put a glass cieling over Van Dam.

It's ****ing hyppocracy, and if you cant see it, your as blind as most wrestling marks.

It's like saying "Yeah we know you smoke pot, and we dont care....Then turning around and saying You got busted, no we look bad....Never give RVD the title again!" It's hyppocracy.

You cant justify them punishing him for something they chose to overlook until it was thrown in THEIR FACE. Thats like telling someone go ahead, then when your ass is in a bind you hold them responsible, even though you told them to go ahead.

WWE ****ed Van Dam, by overlooking his habit...And then chosing to punish him when THEY get in hot water for not KEEPING TABS ON HIS HABITS, or rather just not testing a known pot-head. This was a move to make WWE look better, and RVD gets ****ed in the end.