• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

I was doing some research on a lot of websites & it looks like it could be releasing early 2012, possibly January. I'd doubt that because it's already August & it's gonna be impossible to finish a game within 5 months. Rockstar have confirmed the game is "well under way" & have half completed it. I came across some leaked pictures but found out they were fake. Rumour has it that the location of GTA V would be in Vice City but that was false. The setting could be returning to Los Angeles (San Andreas perhaps?)

Leaked pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
The main character might be CJ again but nothing is confirmed for that aswell. Young Maylay who voiced CJ for GTA:SA said in a interview that he is working on a script for the next Grand Theft Auto. Also full-body MotionScan being used in the next GTA. RAGE engine could also be included too. He then started talking about the choice system. Maylay added that it will be expanded from the current system where the player can only "kill one or the other."

A casting call was leaked online seeking actors for a project codename called "Rush". The cast included a wisecracking FBI agent, a Welsh monk yoga teacher, and a 30-year-old "weed evangelist." The name "James Pedeaston" has been a subject for a while & some people say that he is going to be in the main protagonist. You might recognize him from the radio show WCTR in GTA:SA where he talks about his travels to Africa. You can check out the list here.

A Swedish online retailer (Webhallen.com) lists GTA V for pre-order with a release date of 2012. This is highly unlikely but according to RockstarBase the same retailer listed the PS3 GTA IV before it was even announced. Check it out here.

That's pretty much it. If this is old news to anyone, I do apologize but as I said, I only just came across this.

Edited by Cameron™, 09 August 2011 - 10:19 PM.

#2 Showtime

Showtime

the show goes on

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,622 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Administrator
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

I need a sequel or remake of San Andreas in my life right now.

#3 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:33 AM

View PostShowtime, on 09 August 2011 - 11:41 PM, said:

I need a sequel or remake of San Andreas in my life right now.
Definitely a sequel.

#4 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:48 AM

For one, I do NOT believe this. Most importantly...where did you get all of this information from? Where is the source? Also, Rockstar is an extremely tight-lipped company, I don't see them just popping out of nowhere stating the game is "well under way and already completed". They haven't even officially announced it yet. For me, that just threw all the credit of this source out of the window.

#5 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

Rockstar have been improving their Tech a lot, Look at Red Dead that game looked and played amazingly, L.A Noire stepped up again with the Facial animation, Plus whatever they will have with Max Payne whenever that gets released. Ive heard rumours for a while that Rockstar are working on GTA V, And no doubt they have probably been working on the game since GTA 4 was released, some say it may get introduced into the new gen of consoles its all rumour and speculation at the moment, Just as long as they have the fun factor back init like they had in San Andreas id buy it in a heartbeat.

#6 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

The main character might be CJ
oh god no.

Anyway I hope this is in a Vice City setting and they can improve on the GTA4 engine by making the next GTA a lot faster.

• Guests

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

God, I hope this is real as I'm so looking forward to a new GTA game. A San Andreas/Vice City revisit would make me a happy gamer. :)

I'm still holding out for a HD Classics version of Vice City though. Make it happen Rockstar, please! :D

#8 EndZone

EndZone

Insert something witty or clever here.

• Code-X Member
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

I wanna see a sequel to LA Noire before I see another GTA game. LA Noire was one of the best single-player games I've ever played.

Either that or Manhunt 3.

#9 Jake.

Jake.

Pokemon Professor

• Code-X Member
  • 2,468 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:39 AM

Ugh. If it's anything like GTAIV, I'm going to punch holes in my television. Can't they just take San Andreas and improve on the graphics ever so slightly? =/

#10 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:53 AM

View PostJake., on 25 September 2011 - 09:39 AM, said:

Can't they just take San Andreas and improve on the graphics ever so slightly? =/
I said the exact same thing.

#11 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:39 PM

View PostCameron™, on 26 September 2011 - 02:53 AM, said:

View PostJake., on 25 September 2011 - 09:39 AM, said:

Can't they just take San Andreas and improve on the graphics ever so slightly? =/
I said the exact same thing.
It's called Saints Row 3.