Consel wars XBOX360 or PS3?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

Poll: XBOX or PS3 (38 member(s) have cast votes)

You decied

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#26 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:28 AM

After playing Assassin's Creed on a PS3 i never big up the joypad again. 360 by far, there is only one game that i would get and that's MGS4. XBL is good when it works. A lot of people would take the PS3 over 360 because of " Z0mg GrAFIXZZ". But when you compare 360 graphics to the PS3 there are the same. Ps3 may have better graphics. But the 360 is more powerfully. The Wii has graphics to look at Super Mario Galaxy, i was more amazed at those graphics then i ever were with gears or COD4.

The reason i'll like the 360 over PS3, is the game library. What's the point in having a system with no AAA titles out. I really don't care for graphics. If anyone says that the PS3 has the best graphics so far. Please take a look at Crysis and get pwned.

#27 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:29 AM

i prefer the PS3. has alot more fetures, online if free. the wii made a decent interception between the 360 and ps3 but. ps3 by a landslide

#28 Atheist

Atheist

Grim and Frostbitten!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:51 AM

I don't recall once saying that PS3 online sucked, I said that 360's is better.

And OF COURSE I'm an XBox fanboy, because it's been a better system for this, and the previous generation.

Fusion Frenzy > PS2 games. And that was a launch title. Same goes for BOTH Halo 1, and 2. People who hate Halo 1 and 2 only hate it because they can't have it on their playstations. If Halo was launched on both, guaranteed there would be about 80% less Halo Haters out there.

PS3 is more capable than the 360 but

a.) Terrible library that probably won't expand much, quickly enough anyway
b.) Terrible controller
c.) EVEN IF ONLY MARGINALLY, a less usable online play
d.) PS3 doesn't have an MMO worth 2 cents, 360 has one that will rival WoW coming out in October
e.) XBox Arcade

And the overheating issues have been dealt with. All in all, the SYSTEMS are good, but smart money is -easily- on 360.

#29 *RatedRKO

*RatedRKO

Tommy is the bomb

• Banned
  • 892 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:53 AM

your saying MLB isnt a good exclusive heh

#30 O-Yama³

O-Yama³

I'm Gay

• Banned
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

View PostPurity, on Jan 1 2008, 04:51 PM, said:

Not by my experience its not.

OF COURSE I'm an XBox fanboy
And thats why you prefer XBL but for me and I've played online with both systems unlike you most probably and I couldn't say which was better because there both the same, but PS3 wins because its free.

People who hate Halo 1 and 2 only hate it because they can't have it on their playstations. If Halo was launched on both, guaranteed there would be about 80% less Halo Haters out there.
I disagree if people want to play Halo wouldn't they just get a 360? they hate it because its so overrated, I played Halo3 and I have to tell you that COD4 is much better than that, I may not have played Halo1 and 2 but from playing #3 I know I wouldn't have been impressed.

b.) Terrible controller
c.) EVEN IF ONLY MARGINALLY, a less usable online playe.
e.) XBox Arcade
Controller is perfect why diss a classic? ok Siaxis does not have the rumble feature but at least it doesn't weigh the same as a brick and as chunky as my mum, I've played online almost everyday so as your comment 'less usable online play' goes well its just an opinion and FYI I've enjoyed PS3 online more than XBL and I've also played it longer and arcade is rubbish.

And the overheating issues have been dealt with. All in all, the SYSTEMS are good, but smart money is -easily- on 360.
Not smart money at all, overheating, the bloody noise it makes, system failure, scratches your discs and you have to pay more money for add ons such as a wireless adapter and so on, its not £250 your paying because in actual fact when you have brought all the stuff that the 360 never came with such as WIFI and good aeration then you'll end up paying over £400 if not more, while the PS3 comes with it all in a nice shiny black package.

Edited by §haun ♂, 01 January 2008 - 11:44 AM.

#31 Atheist

Atheist

Grim and Frostbitten!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:58 AM

If you would read what I said, both consoles are perfectly capable. I'm making no secret of the fact that I like 360 more for personal OPINIONS. So there's no point in arguing.

And most of 360's hardware issues have been taken care of, by the way.

#32 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:10 PM

Those games are for the 360 as well...what's your point?

That is my point. He acted like there were no good ps3 games then listed a bunch of awesome games that WERE for the ps3.

More ppl own 360 cause its been around forever and has more games.

Skull Candy was totally right also. PS3 is sooooooo worth the price and i play online all of the time.

#33 Syc

Syc

Social Syc is Successful

• Code-X Member
  • 3,190 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend
  • Gallery:View
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:57 PM

View PostDeadly™, on Jan 1 2008, 02:10 PM, said:

Those games are for the 360 as well...what's your point?

That is my point. He acted like there were no good ps3 games then listed a bunch of awesome games that WERE for the ps3.

More ppl own 360 cause its been around forever and has more games.

Skull Candy was totally right also. PS3 is sooooooo worth the price and i play online all of the time.

Ok, so why would you pay $600 for the same games the 360 has when the 360 is a lower price? Do you get what I mean?

#34 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:26 PM

View PostPurity, on Jan 1 2008, 10:51 AM, said:

And OF COURSE I'm an XBox fanboy, because it's been a better system for this, and the previous generation.

Fusion Frenzy > PS2 games. And that was a launch title. Same goes for BOTH Halo 1, and 2. People who hate Halo 1 and 2 only hate it because they can't have it on their playstations. If Halo was launched on both, guaranteed there would be about 80% less Halo Haters out there.

Whoa, whoa. Wait. Fusion Frenzy > PS2? ...For real?
Bravo if that was a joke because I lol'd in real life.

And considering I had both Xbox and PS2, I can tell you that Halo argument doesn't apply to me, at least.
I mean, PS2 had everything, Xbox is basically what PS3 is to me now, not enough decent exclusives.

But since this isn't PS2 vs XBAWKS, I'll stop there.

---

It makes no sense to buy a PS3 at this point. Maybe someday, after a price drop and more interesting games come out. But for now, you can get more or less every good PS3 game on 360.

PS3 Game [ ]
Good [ ]
Exclusive [ ]

Pick two.

#35 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

The Playstation Online is horrible. That's why it's free with hardly any support. Hardly anyone was online for the Playstation Online. I really doubt Playstation Home will get more people to play online, but once again, Playstation HOME is just another cheap feature to get more people play online. HOME is free but if you want to get the best clothes and many other stuff, you need to pay. The controllers are horrible and I have no clue on why they've changed the back buttons... The Six axis is alright but not perfect and useless for some games. Hardly any games use Blue-Ray because they've made the same mistake as I believe the Sega CD did. Blue-Ray is not meant for the video games yet. Not on this century. Also A lot of people are having trouble figuring out the inside of the Playstation 3. That's why you see so many ports coming out very horribly. Even slow frame rates when a lot of explosions happen in the game. One of them is The Orange box. They will learn slowly though but it's still a big mistake. So yeah Playstation 3 is horrible.. The people saying that Playstation 3 won by a land slide (only one said that here) don't kid yourself. Metal Gear Solid 4 will not save Playstation 3.. If the they can correct every wrongs they've did, then they might have a chance... Sure many PS3 games are coming this year but the BIG question is... Will the games play correctly.. Will it look great.. So the Playstation 3 may look shiny on the outside, but it's sure dusted and screwy on the inside.

#36 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:34 PM

explain why online is horrible? and that is compleate lies that barly anyone plays online with Playstation

#37 Atheist

Atheist

Grim and Frostbitten!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

Really, this is a stupid argument. There's not one person here who is impartial. EVERYBODY here that has posted (save for King Mickey, he's pretty straight forward all the time) is a fanboy/girl. That's all there is to it.

#38 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:03 PM

Xbox 360 and the PS3 are just the same really, both offer the same things, both have a online service, both offer the same kind of games. You really can't say which is better, IMO it all depends on the games for the system, not its specs.

Also, Wii has Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii. /thread

;)

#39 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:32 PM

Everyone i know thats played both prefers ps3 by far. PS3 has awesome free demos, videos, trailers, add-ons, etc. Im not sure if the 360 has them for free or not. Xbox wasnt so great but it got better, PS3 is an overall better system. 360 just has better first person shooters. 360 may be a little funner but soon Sony will blow away Microsoft like it usually does. Halo isnt that great at all, i sold my Halo 2 a LONG time ago, its online is nice though. Xbox just has too many issues, PS3 wont dissapoint anybody.

I am not a fanboy. Ive played and experienced both and PS3 wins by a LANDSLIDE, yes, a LANDSLIDE Rebecca .

Just let the votes speak for themselves.

Edited by Deadly™, 01 January 2008 - 05:39 PM.

#40 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

View PostAlan93, on Jan 1 2008, 02:34 PM, said:

explain why online is horrible? and that is compleate lies that barly anyone plays online with Playstation
The last time i've played Playstation online, was the game called Team Fortress from the Orange Box (I own both for Xbox 360 and PS3) and hardly anyone was there to play with.. Playstation online is empty and really screwy. That is my opinion though and just telling you and everyone else what I saw when i was online.. Oh and Deadly, Xbox 360 has the free demos, videos, trailers, and etc. The only thing you have to pay for is for the movies and shows that you want to buy on the Xbox 360.. Which Playstaition online doesn't have.. I know you guys are going to say the movies and shows are not free so that makes Xbox Live bad.. Well I'm sorry but nothing is free in this world.. The stuff that are always free are crap 90% of the time. So yes Playstation 3 has disappoint me and if they don't step there game up, consider this to be my last Playstation, and they're last Playstation console to sell.

The Nintendo Wii is my second favorite next to Xbox 360. I always have great fun with the Nintendo Wii. The only problem is the Virtual console but i still has fun with the classics and it will improve.

#41 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

PS3 has awesome free demos, videos, trailers, add-ons, etc
So does 360, plus you can make your owns and play them on the 360 if you buy XNA.

Xbox wasnt so great but it got better
true but the ps2 blow it away

PS3 is an overall better system
both specs have cons and pros

360 may be a little funner but soon Sony will blow away Microsoft like it usually does.
Just because the PS2 won the xbox last console war does ot mean there going to win again.

Halo isnt that great at all, i sold my Halo 2 a LONG time ago, its online is nice though
Whats this got to do with a console war

Xbox just has too many issues,
The orange box has major issues, Creed needed a updates, sure xbox has issues but at least games don't need patches as soon as the game comes out. Also there's a certain game thats runs at 30fps while the 360 version runs at a smooth 60fps.

PS3 wont dissapoint anybody.
Critics even some game companies will say different.

I am not a fanboy.
Yeh ok its not like you sound like a fanboy.

Just let the votes speak for themselves.
Of course, the votes never even saw the poll here, or we could go on sells.

See what im getting at there both the same Xbox has hardware issues, PS3 has software issues.

#42 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

360: My favorite right now. Much better exclusives Mass Effect & Halo 3 just to name a few. Even Multi-Platform games are usually better on it(as Socom said some run at 60FPS while other version run at 30FPS) plus Achievements which are being added to the PS3 so expect sony fanboys to suddenly change their minds on them. To criticize it i guess i can say that there are to many generic shooters but that is really most of gaming.

Wii: I won't say i hate it cause i have had fun on it but bad games really out number the good. SMG, Paper Mario & Zelda were all good but those aren't enough they need more third party support for different types of games most make party games which i have no use for.

PS3: Ratchet & Uncharted look great plus i would like having a Blu-Ray player so i may just be getting one soon.

#43 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:23 PM

View Post~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~, on Jan 1 2008, 05:52 PM, said:

The last time i've played Playstation online, was the game called Team Fortress from the Orange Box (I own both for Xbox 360 and PS3) and hardly anyone was there to play with

Because everyone who plays TF2 and Portal play on the PC.

#44 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:28 PM

View PostKing:Mickey, on Jan 1 2008, 09:23 PM, said:

The last time i've played Playstation online, was the game called Team Fortress from the Orange Box (I own both for Xbox 360 and PS3) and hardly anyone was there to play with

That and that is more of a hardcore gamers online game its not something most console players are used to.

#45 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:34 PM

View PostKing:Mickey, on Jan 1 2008, 06:23 PM, said:

Actually, I've played with many players on the Xbox 360 version. So not everyone is on the PC version only. Oh and welcome back and Happy New Year.

#46 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:05 PM

well i really havnt played ps3 much most likely i'll buy one on march 10th for my bday :) but after i played COD4 on my cousins ps3 online all i gotta say is WOW

for now im nutral

sure 360 has much more games but

ps3 has

Marketplace

Internet browser(yes you could go to youtube)

Demos
Add ons

and much more but

IDK for now im confused

im starting to like the Playstation again lol

#47 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

Umm..360 has pretty much everything you listed there.

#48 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:35 PM

I saw screw all your next gen asses. PS2 all the way. XP

#49 paynexkiller

paynexkiller

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:46 PM

I'm going to spend my money on a new PC. but I voted PS3 :)

#50 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:50 PM

View PostKing:Mickey, on Jan 4 2008, 05:49 PM, said:

Umm..360 has pretty much everything you listed there.
Well except for the internet browser. In my opinion the internet browser is crap on consoles. It's not great for consoles because it won't show you everything like it does on the PC. I feel much better watching Youtube on the PC. Also the browser is a big target for hackers. Another reason why you don't see it on Xbox 360.