• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#26 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

lmmfgdao Rabbit do you even know when ps2 was released?

#27 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:48 PM

View PostRabbit, on Jan 5 2008, 08:39 PM, said:

lmao the 360 isnt 5 years older then ps2

Actually it is the PS2 was released in October 2000 & the 360 was released in November 2005.

#28 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:43 AM

simple confusion probrably ment

one or two years younger than the PS3

#29 abys

abys

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:06 PM

I have none of the new consoles. I heard about the game wave though does anyone have info on the new console.

#30 «WrÃthchild»

«WrÃthchild»

Code-X's Harvester of Sorrow

• Code-X Member
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:13 PM

whats a game wave?

#31 Rabbit

Rabbit

Dream like you live forever, Live like you die tomorrow!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

sorry JB

i didnt realize that ps2 was made that long ago

it honestly dosent seem like that long ago

i only got one maybe 2 years ago

PS!: ya whats a game wave?

Edited by Rabbit, 06 January 2008 - 07:18 PM.

#32 abys

abys

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

It's a console or dvd entertainment system. It was released in canada in 2005. That is about all i know about it. I would like to know more about it.

#33 «WrÃthchild»

«WrÃthchild»

Code-X's Harvester of Sorrow

• Code-X Member
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

I googled it its like a crappy wanabe playstation OMG!!! Click Here

#34 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

View PostRabbit, on Jan 6 2008, 07:18 PM, said:

sorry JB

i didnt realize that ps2 was made that long ago

it honestly dosent seem like that long ago

i only got one maybe 2 years ago

its alright, no harm done

#35 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:44 PM

Does it really matter if PS2 dies in 2008??? I don't understand how in anyway does it affect the PS3 (it doesn't hold it back since there are basically no games that PS2/PS3 share), Sony still makes a pretty good profit from the PS2 so why should they stop if there making money??? It was Microsoft's choice to discontinue the Original X-Box, maybe it was poor in sales??? Anyways, the PS3 is still fairly new and it could take a 1-2 years for the PS2 to die out, maybe if Sony realized that the PS3 console is still pretty pricey, maybe more people would have one right now (The 40 Gig PS3 can't even play PS2 games so why even bother with it)

#36 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:58 AM

Im still playing my PS2 Because there is a good selection of games that i have, Gameplay is good on the games i have, sure the GFX (OMFG GFX ISNT THAT GOOD OH SHIT) isn't as good as the next gen stuff but...Its still playable and fun. The Ps2 is still very popular and is Sony do have the brains they will keep it running for as long as they can, Or untill the Ps3 drops to a affordable price so all the Ps2 owners buy the Ps3.

#37 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:59 AM

400 isnt low enough?

I dont care much about graphics my self,but the ps3 has more power to say have bigger maps and stuff
also if they dont let PS2 die the PS3 cant grow much cause people wont be obligated to pick up a PS3
Sony needs to focus on the current gen and quit living in the past so to speak

also backward compatability isnt that big of a deal, if you wanna play a older game then play it on PS2
its not like your PS2 has to go in the garbage if you get PS3

#38 Rabbit

Rabbit

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:24 AM

you know whats funny though?

microsoft is still making madden games for the ORIGINAL xbox

#39 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:32 AM

really Rabbit?
I had no idea....is that the only game tho?

#40 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:02 AM

View PostJB, on Jan 7 2008, 04:59 AM, said:

400 isnt low enough?

I dont care much about graphics my self,but the ps3 has more power to say have bigger maps and stuff
also if they dont let PS2 die the PS3 cant grow much cause people wont be obligated to pick up a PS3

also backward compatability isnt that big of a deal, if you wanna play a older game then play it on PS2
Hmmm let's see... A lot of people brought the Playstation 2, and were still enjoying the Playstation 1. The Playstation 2 grew and grew when the Playstation was in stores. So yeah Playstation 2 was still great when the Playstation 1 was still alive. So the Playstation 2 deserves to live for a few years. It' still making money and the Playstation 3 does not have much great or interesting titles right now, just some crappy ports. Plus not everyone can afford the PS3. Even if the price is lowered.

#41 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:09 AM

View Post~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~, on Jan 5 2008, 10:10 PM, said:

Just because the Playstation 3 is avaliable doesn't mean that the Playstation 2 should just vanish away. The Playstation games were still on sale when the Playstation 2 was in stores. So why not Playstation 2? It was a great console it does deserve to stay long just like the Playstation 1.

very true but now adays where can you find PS1 games, not that you would want to buy them but just as a point. the PS2 will disapear sooner or later but not at this point

#42 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:14 AM

View PostAlan93, on Jan 7 2008, 08:09 AM, said:

View Post~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~, on Jan 5 2008, 10:10 PM, said:

Just because the Playstation 3 is avaliable doesn't mean that the Playstation 2 should just vanish away. The Playstation games were still on sale when the Playstation 2 was in stores. So why not Playstation 2? It was a great console it does deserve to stay long just like the Playstation 1.

very true but now adays where can you find PS1 games, not that you would want to buy them but just as a point. the PS2 will disapear sooner or later but not at this point

Yeah the Playstation 1 had to end. It was there for a long time. Playstation 2 should do the same and stay there for a few more years since it's very successful and still is.

#43 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:52 AM

View PostJB, on Jan 7 2008, 12:59 PM, said:

400 isnt low enough?

Over here in england its about £300 which equals to about $600, So either way us Brits are still paying a lot more then you guys even after reduced price, Plus im not really concerned at all going to Ps3 yet....Because im still very happy with the Ps2 also theres more important things for me to buy other then Next Gen.

I noticed something about Ps1 games, If you look hard enough you will still find Ps1 games theres a few places that still sell them near where i am, People still have them and even trade them in to get another game.

#44 Mickie's #1 Fan

Mickie's #1 Fan

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:54 AM

View PostJB, on Jan 7 2008, 06:59 AM, said:

400 isnt low enough?

well let's see....I'm on a very limited budget since I'm disabled....so my answer to you're 400 isn't low enough....I Don't Think So....

and when it comes to PS1 games there's still a couple I'd play if I could find them again.....Dino Crisis 1 & 2

No the PS2 shouldn't die off yet.....and people who were willing to pay the highway robbery prices for a PS3 in my opinion need their heads examined.....I won't buy anything until the price drops to a very respectable range and $400.00 isn't a respectable range in my opinion

Edited by Mickie's #1 Fan, 07 January 2008 - 10:58 AM.

#45 Rabbit

Rabbit

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:52 PM

View PostJB, on Jan 7 2008, 08:32 AM, said:

really Rabbit?
I had no idea....is that the only game tho?

thats the only one i can think of

but i think (not for sure though) that they still make nhl games for it

#46 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:53 PM

Im not sayin dont sell ps2/games anymore just quit releasing new games and focus on the ps3
also I dont care about how the ps1 was out at the same time as ps2, thats history its irrelavent to NOW

also Im sick of people calling it next gen, its CURRENT gen

and about the price: 400 IS a respectable price, maybe not low enough for some but it is respectable due to the tech in it

#47 Mickie's #1 Fan

Mickie's #1 Fan

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

I don't agree with you on the price....I can build a top of the line computer for less than $400.00 and that's with all the works.....the reason it's still above $300.00 is because of the name not because of the "technology" inside it....do you honestly believe that taking the backwards compatibility out of the 40 gig p3 was over a $100.00 value?

they try to say that such and such is an over so and so value....that's to get kids and adults who don't know any better to go out and pay an exorbatant price for something that is only worth maybe 2/3 the asked amount and that's a kind estimate....

I work on computers every day and I know that the prices asked for by Gateway, Dell, HP and the rest are just plain ridiculous....you go and build the exact same thing for less than half the price....the same goes for the PS3....now we can't just go and build one ourselves like we can a computer but the fact remains that you can educate yourself and tell what something is really worth and believe me a PS3 isn't worth it.....they won't lower the price because they know that there is someone out there willing to pay for it which in my mind is ludicrous

#48 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:56 PM

View PostJB, on Jan 5 2008, 01:59 AM, said:

400 isnt low enough?

Its about $600 for a 80 Gig PS3 in Canada, we don't get the US price. The 40 Gig PS3 is about $400-450, but to me its worthless, if I can't play PS2 & PS1 games on it, why bother, I will have to save up for the more expensive one.

#49 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

naw I didnt think taking out backwards compatability was a hundred dollar value and yea of course the name adds to the price, thats like name brand pants vs generic pants, more people want name brand even if generic is just as good or better(oh shit I mightve just helped your case lol) but convenience can also add to the price also because not everybody knows how to build a computer, so they probly end up saving time/money by not trying theirself and screwing up big time

#50 Mickie's #1 Fan

Mickie's #1 Fan

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

this is all true but like I said they tell people that this is what it's worth when it's actually not....that's why I refuse to pay the prices they're asking for a PS3.....when the 60 gig drops in price and I'm still able to play ps2 and ps1 games I might go and buy one but not until that price comes down to a range of what the system is actually worth