Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:33 PM

@ mickie's #1 fan
fair enough I respect that

@ fallen angel
if its worthless to you without backwards compatability, why even get the 60 gig if your main purpose is to play ps1/ps2 games? just play them on ps2 until better games come for ps3 that you will actually play then get it and have backward compatability as a bonus

#52 Cowboy King

Cowboy King

Ashley's Anchor

• Code-X Member
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:06 PM

the ps2 should definatley not die....

i mean...there are great classics still out there and guitar hero is big hit on the ps2

and as far as not buying one....maybe some people care about their life(Not saying others with next-gen don't) and may be saving for something a bit better.......like a college education

#53 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

Oh come on now, College is something you save for for your whole life, but it's not like you can't afford to buy a gaming console, considering the PS2's are usually under 200$ when I see them.

#54 Cowboy King

Cowboy King

Ashley's Anchor

• Code-X Member
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

Oh come on now, College is something you save for for your whole life, but it's not like you can't afford to buy a gaming console, considering the PS2's are usually under 200$ when I see them.

im not talking about buying a ps2 (should've made that clearer)...i already have one and i was given it as a gift from a friend when they first came out....

i would probably buy a next-gen but with work and school and all that, im really not at home long to play it so im gonna stick with the ps2 for now and think that it should not die

#55 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:08 PM

I think some people dont understand what I mean by die, I mean go ahead and continue to sell the ps2 and games just dont bring out any new games
probly the 5th time Ive stated this but it seems like people think I mean quit selling the console and any games it already has which is NOT what Im saying, so enough with the "ps2 has alot of classics so it shouldnt die" posts okay thats not much related to what Im really asking which is should new games continue to come out for ps2?

#56 Cowboy King

Cowboy King

Ashley's Anchor

• Code-X Member
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:17 PM

me saying i don't think it should die is meaning that i think there should be new games for it

#57 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

alright, just trying to clear it up for everyone cause some of the post just made it sound like a misunderstanding

#58 Cowboy King

Cowboy King

Ashley's Anchor

• Code-X Member
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:24 PM

yeah im sorry about that...i should've been a bit clearer in my posts

#59 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:52 PM

View PostJB, on Jan 7 2008, 10:53 AM, said:

Im not sayin dont sell ps2/games anymore just quit releasing new games and focus on the ps3
also I dont care about how the ps1 was out at the same time as ps2, thats history its irrelavent to NOW

also Im sick of people calling it next gen, its CURRENT gen

and about the price: 400 IS a respectable price, maybe not low enough for some but it is respectable due to the tech in it
You don't care but many many players do care. You will see more new games on the Playstation 2. Like it or not. Playstation 3 is not doing so good right now. My Playstation 3 console is just sitting there like a paper weight, because of horrible ports and some uninteresting games with crappy frame rate.. $400 is not a respectable price for many people. Not everyone can afford it. That's why not a whole lot of people are buying it and I've seen many of Playstation 3 consoles, sitting there on the shelves. Playstation 3 is not worthy to be called current gen. Not yet.

#60 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:34 PM

I said I dont care about ps1 and ps2 history so yea what you said made no sense

I know PS3s are being used as paper weights thats why Sony needs to focus on PS3 cause the longer PS3 has nothing to offer the harder its gonna be to get people to switch to it

also I say the price is respectable but that doesnt mean I think its reasonable
is reasonable for me? yea
others? Idk its up to them on that but I think everyone should think it is respectable but again not up to me soo.....

#61 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:44 PM

View PostJB, on Jan 5 2008, 10:33 AM, said:

@ mickie's #1 fan
fair enough I respect that

@ fallen angel
if its worthless to you without backwards compatability, why even get the 60 gig if your main purpose is to play ps1/ps2 games? just play them on ps2 until better games come for ps3 that you will actually play then get it and have backward compatability as a bonus

The reason that I make a big deal about backwards compatability is that I've invested alot into my PS2, I have over 100+ games for it, and if one day my PS2 goes (dies), my PS3 should be able to play the PS2 games.

#62 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:48 PM

View PostJB, on Jan 7 2008, 08:34 PM, said:

I said I dont care about ps1 and ps2 history so yea what you said made no sense

I know PS3s are being used as paper weights thats why Sony needs to focus on PS3 cause the longer PS3 has nothing to offer the harder its gonna be to get people to switch to it

also I say the price is respectable but that doesnt mean I think its reasonable
is reasonable for me? yea
others? Idk its up to them on that but I think everyone should think it is respectable but again not up to me soo.....
Made no sense? What didn't make no sense? The fact that a lot of people actually cares?

Anyway.. It's really a stupid move to quit on the Playstation 2 games just because Playstation 3 is out.. Like I said many times before, Playstation 3 is not doing so good, and it will take some times for them to learn about the Playstation 3 and what it has on the inside and how it works. That's why you see such crappy ports and bad frame rates on some games. So yeah Playstation 2 has to stay for a few years more since it's successful and the money is still flowing.

#63 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:05 PM

ah I see Fallen Angel

@ Rebecca it made no sense because ps1 history has nothing to do with right now thats all Im sayin about that, if you cant understand thats to bad Im not explaining it again, maybe reread some posts

and thats your opinion that ps2 should keep going, I on the other hand just think they need to focus more on ps3 and maybe not entirely quit making games but atleast not release so many and get more on ps3

a few more years would be ludacris, might as well cancel ps3 then

#64 Mickie's #1 Fan

Mickie's #1 Fan

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:07 PM

they'd have more games for ps3 if they'd drop the prices drastically.....

#65 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:14 PM

View PostMickie's #1 Fan, on Jan 7 2008, 11:07 PM, said:

they'd have more games for ps3 if they'd drop the prices drastically.....

cause of higher install base?

#66 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:19 PM

View PostJB, on Jan 7 2008, 09:05 PM, said:

ah I see Fallen Angel

@ Rebecca it made no sense because ps1 history has nothing to do with right now thats all Im sayin about that, if you cant understand thats to bad Im not explaining it again, maybe reread some posts

and thats your opinion that ps2 should keep going, I on the other hand just think they need to focus more on ps3 and maybe not entirely quit making games but atleast not release so many and get more on ps3

a few more years would be ludacris, might as well cancel ps3 then
I understand it perfectly, but Ignoring the Playstation 1 history is out of the question. Just because you don't want that to happen with the Playstation 2.
They can't release a lot of Playstation 3 games because it will end up crap just like some of the other games, since they don't know much about the Playstation 3 and how it works. It's that difficult for them. Reminds me of the Sega Saturn. So it will take some time. So a few years more is great for a lot of people. Since a lot more games are going to be released for the Playstation 3 this year, I'll wait and see how those games will turn out.

#67 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:38 PM

I care about ps history but history does not tell the future, so to this topic ps1 is irrelavant

if ps2 stays a few more years then why did they release ps3? (not a real question)
sounds stupid (1 maybe 2 years is fine but after that its kinda dumb)

so is ps2 staying around cause ps3 plain sucks?

I just think Sony is f'd up these days honestly
I say kill ps2 within the next year-year and a half or just cancel ps3 and start on ps4

#68 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

View PostJB, on Jan 7 2008, 09:38 PM, said:

I care about ps history but history does not tell the future, so to this topic ps1 is irrelavant

if ps2 stays a few more years then why did they release ps3? (not a real question)
sounds stupid (1 maybe 2 years is fine but after that its kinda dumb)

so is ps2 staying around cause ps3 plain sucks?

I just think Sony is f'd up these days honestly
I say kill ps2 within the next year-year and a half or just cancel ps3 and start on ps4
The Playstation 3 was released because it was rushed. They rushed it since the Xbox 360 was released. The Xbox 360 also rushed it to the market. The Playstation 2 is staying around because it's still making more money and the people are enjoying it. Exactly like the Playstation 1.

#69 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:51 PM

wow you make a point, so I guess its not irrelavant hmm I still think ps2 should die within a year and a half tho lol sorryz

#70 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:54 PM

View PostJB, on Jan 7 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

wow you make a point, so I guess its not irrelavant hmm I still think ps2 should die within a year and a half tho lol sorryz
lol no need to be sorry. :)

#71 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:01 AM

dang tho your smart..........for a GIRL!!! lol j/k

#72 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:31 AM

Are you crazy?! $400 is equal to some people's rent, car payment, or bills. I mean to me unless your rich or well off $400 IS a lot. Also, that is robbery. It probably takes about $20 to make a PS3 not $500 etc...

The PS2 should stay alive until at least the PS3 drops down to 360 prices, considering it was the best console ever. (only from before 360 (yes even better than the original Xbox)) Cause it had no major problems, it was affordable, it has exceptional graphics, and more.

#73 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:37 AM

View PostGrizz, on Jan 8 2008, 01:31 AM, said:

it probably takes about $20 to make a PS3 not $500 etc...

Sony actually lost money even when it was at $600 they make their profit from the games. Same with the Xbox 360 i think the Wii is the only system that made a profit on the actual system this gen.

Also the Ps2 and no major problems? I went through 6 of them cause of the Disc Read Errors then the slim came out and fixed that.

$400 is not bad for what you are getting a stand aone Blu-Ray player will cost near that. Built in Wi-Fi, 40GB HDD, free online play, Able to install Linux plus...well there is that whole gaming feature.

#74 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

I agree with Dan, people REALLY need to stop bitching about PS3 prices. It's well worth it's tag.

I went through like 3 PS2's as well.

#75 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:05 PM

The Playstation 2 definitely wasn't a well built system. People like to ***** about the XBox 360 like Sony has never done anything wrong, but these same people over look the rampant PS2 failure rates toward the beginning of it's life and even after that they were still a bit iffy. Tons of people had their PS2 stop reading the old blue disc games, some had them stop reading DVD roms, some had them stop working altogether, etc. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Playstations but neither the Playstation or Playstation 2 were really built all that well. I went through like three PSones and two PS2s. Sony is definitely just as guilty as people claim Microsoft is when it comes to shoddy workmanship. Nintendo is the only company with truly reliable products, I've never really had a problem with their consoles/hardware. They probably spend more time testing their products and such instead of rushing them to market.

Anyway, the reason why the Playstation 2 is still going is because it's still making money and their PS3 sales are still very low in comparison. They need to keep the PS2 alive to keep the cash flow steady. Also, people are still making games for it because they've gotten use to how to develop games for the system. Sony is notorious for creating consoles that are hard to develop for, another reason why the PS3 is having problems and it is also why many multiplatform games aren't on par with their 360 counter parts.

Personally, $400 is still too much for the PS3. There is next to nothing on it that I'm interested in, nothing that's exclusive anyway. Most of the games I can get on the 360 as well, and a lot of them are better on the 360 for the time being. So why should I waste the money on a PS3? The only thing that I can think of that I truly envy PS3 owners for is that they're getting Little Big Planet. Maybe God of War 3 as well. But aside from that a hand full of games does not make the console worth buying and I already have a DVD player in my PS2, XBox 360, and an actual DVD players. So that's another thing that it does that I don't care about, and I couldn't careless about blu-ray. Most developers aren't even taking full advantage of blu-ray format and most of the space used is just because they don't compress files like you would normally in previous games on DVD-rom format. The 360 had games that made me want to get it, the PS3 does not. That is why I haven't bothered with it.