66 replies to this topic

#26 O-Yama³

O-Yama³

I'm Gay

• Banned
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:34 AM

View PostJB, on Feb 1 2008, 10:30 AM, said:

try moving the PS2 fast, it'll probly scratch to death, if not well what luck you have
Yeah it will but do the same with the PS3 and you'll get a different result, do it with a 360 and well say good bye to your game basically. If you own a 360 invest in a scratch remover device.

#27 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:35 AM

View PostPreda╬or, on Feb 1 2008, 03:28 AM, said:

View Post~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~, on Feb 1 2008, 10:21 AM, said:

never ever tilt a console and move it fast, when the disc is in there and while the console is on.
The PS3 discs use TDK's Durabis coating that makes it much more resistant to scratching compared to normal CD and DVD media (including 360 duh), but I've never heard of a PS3 game getting scratched NEVER, only when it comes to putting it in the case is it more at risk of getting scratched than having it inside the system, I've moved my console a number of times when playing and no scratches.

Well that's good to hear and a big relief, that a game disc finally uses that.

#28 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:56 AM

my friend use to rub peroxide on his scratched up games to make them work...it would work....sometimes....dunno if it actually affected it

#29 *RatedRKO

*RatedRKO

Tommy is the bomb

• Banned
  • 892 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:23 AM

Why do u need to move ur ps3 anyways lol

i've never moved mine once.

Edited by -KanE-, 01 February 2008 - 05:23 AM.

#30 +Virus

+Virus

TASTE THE RAINBOW!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,334 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:56 AM

Use a D-Skin....have one on all my games.....since 5 years...and I also have a scratch remover from GS just incase (which doesn't work) and I've never had a scratched disk, unless I did it on purpose.

#31 O-Yama³

O-Yama³

I'm Gay

• Banned
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:46 AM

View Post-KanE-, on Feb 1 2008, 11:23 AM, said:

Why do u need to move ur ps3 anyways lol
Well sometimes the controller needs charging and when I plug the cable into the controller I can't see the TV because the cable is not that long, so I have to move my PS3 so I can see the TV.

#32 CG54_.X

CG54_.X

The Code-X Icon.

• Banned
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:42 PM

Well that sucks. I can't afford a PS3 and I'm getting a 360 the day before NWO. What's wrong with all these 360's going wrong and having all these Red rings around the power button? Didn't MS promise us a better console than ever? Someone should sue Bill gates, coz I would If I could.

#33 *RatedRKO

*RatedRKO

Tommy is the bomb

• Banned
  • 892 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:49 PM

yea i have my ps3 so i can move it without affecting it. but i charge my controller just as much as u do probably.

#34 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:56 PM

I've had more than one game "magically" get scratched all to **** after I've played them. NCAA March Madness 2007 freezes at the start screen now.

#35 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:23 PM

View PostHoodRich ., on Feb 1 2008, 02:42 PM, said:

Well that sucks. I can't afford a PS3 and I'm getting a 360 the day before NWO. What's wrong with all these 360's going wrong and having all these Red rings around the power button? Didn't MS promise us a better console than ever? Someone should sue Bill gates, coz I would If I could.

its not that much of a problem with the newer 360s, yea it still happens but not anywhere near as much as they use to

#36 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 04:27 PM

New one's are the pwnage, my was two years both it went on to another place.

#37 CG54_.X

CG54_.X

The Code-X Icon.

• Banned
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:31 PM

What? New 360's? What new 360's?

#38 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:18 PM

the 360's that you will find at most stores are the new ones, pretty much same as the older ones but less likely to get RROD

#39 CG54_.X

CG54_.X

The Code-X Icon.

• Banned
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:35 PM

Oh ok, so they wont break as much as the old ones aye? Hmm, nah, that's still sucks.

Edited by HoodRich ., 01 February 2008 - 06:37 PM.

#40 Atheist

Atheist

Grim and Frostbitten!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:52 AM

I love how everybody downs on 360 "LOL THAT SUCKS" even though it's not like it's every xbox that gets RROD, and XBOX is simply better than PS3 right now, hands down.

Sure, PS3 will take over eventually, but right now, EVEN WITH IT'S ISSUES, 360 > competiton.

#41 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:38 AM

View PostPurity, on Feb 2 2008, 01:52 AM, said:

I love how everybody downs on 360 "LOL THAT SUCKS" even though it's not like it's every xbox that gets RROD, and XBOX is simply better than PS3 right now, hands down.

Sure, PS3 will take over eventually, but right now, EVEN WITH IT'S ISSUES, 360 > competiton.
No one should be confident about the Playstation 3 taking over eventually. It can still fail. Same goes for the Xbox 360 if it slips.

lol and yeah everybody will use the flaw from the Xbox 360 on an attempt to make the PS3 look good.. Which it obviously fails.

Edited by ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~, 02 February 2008 - 03:40 AM.

#42 O-Yama³

O-Yama³

I'm Gay

• Banned
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:39 AM

View Post~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~, on Feb 2 2008, 09:38 AM, said:

everybody will use the flaw from the Xbox 360 on an attempt to make the PS3 look good.. Which it obviously fails.
I cant see how it fails to be honest the RROD is a major flaw with the 360 and even if you have a guarantee of 3 years its still a problem and even though the 360 has had some work done to it to stop the RROD its still a problem for the 360 because with its reputation of failing and scratching discs, over heating etc...people just don't want to invest in something that 'might' just fail within a year, its a major problem and it does make the PS3 look 10x better and thats why the PS3 is a better investment. I know someone (family member) who brought a new game for his 360 and it got scratched to death and wouldn't play and he went to take it back and couldn't because it was fǜcked up, so that was £44.99 down the pan.

#43 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 05:11 AM

View PostPreda╬or, on Feb 2 2008, 03:39 AM, said:

View Post~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~, on Feb 2 2008, 09:38 AM, said:

everybody will use the flaw from the Xbox 360 on an attempt to make the PS3 look good.. Which it obviously fails.
I cant see how it fails to be honest the RROD is a major flaw with the 360 and even if you have a guarantee of 3 years its still a problem and even though the 360 has had some work done to it to stop the RROD its still a problem for the 360 because with its reputation of failing and scratching discs, over heating etc...people just don't want to invest in something that 'might' just fail within a year, its a major problem and it does make the PS3 look 10x better and thats why the PS3 is a better investment. I know someone (family member) who brought a new game for his 360 and it got scratched to death and wouldn't play and he went to take it back and couldn't because it was fǜcked up, so that was £44.99 down the pan.

It does fail because you don't see that many people buying a Playstation 3 yet. Of course they will buy it when more games are released. It doesn't matter if a console has less issues, it's not worth to buy if the PS3 games receives crappy ports and only a few good games. I'm looking forward to see these games for this year. I'm not confident at all though.

#44 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:41 AM

But does not the PS3 have Graphics glitches, Random Control Dissconneting and the yellow light ? From reading about Sony latest move's id have to say 360 is a better invest because not because "Zomg RR0D" because its the games what count. With the games a console is nothing. Sure 360 has its issue's it has the RROD, but the PS3 has the issue of any decent games libery. Well i know someone (friend) who bought a PS3 then trade in for a 360, why because most games coming out for the PS3 need major patches straight away, Assassin Creed, Laggy Orange Box. I don't feel like getting ripped of by Sony again (PSP, PS3 [Insert Gigabyte] ).

#45 *RatedRKO

*RatedRKO

Tommy is the bomb

• Banned
  • 892 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:14 AM

You cant really say one is better then another, its really all about personal preference

#46 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:37 AM

View Post-KanE-, on Feb 2 2008, 04:14 PM, said:

You cant really say one is better then another, its really all about personal preference

Very well put Kane, arguing about which console better gets no where. Me ? personally a like my Wii, love platform games and SMG graphics i cream over, RE:UC with Wii Zapper FTW!!!

#47 *RatedRKO

*RatedRKO

Tommy is the bomb

• Banned
  • 892 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 03:17 PM

Yea, it should be whichever u have more fun with. i like the the Xbox, but I'd prefer ps3 myself.

Edited by -KanE-, 02 February 2008 - 03:17 PM.

#48 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 07:12 PM

View Post-KanE-, on Feb 2 2008, 08:14 AM, said:

Which I'm not even arguing on which is better. Just hate the fact that people get so confident.

#49 *RatedRKO

*RatedRKO

Tommy is the bomb

• Banned
  • 892 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:03 PM

Yea i understand what your saying.

#50 AntiChrist Superstar

AntiChrist Superstar

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:21 PM

yes the 360 does schatch games it broke my gears of war disc twice now

had a little crack in the middle both disks again same Spot!! how it was the 360 for sure.