Is there a way to permanently delete a website from your history?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EndZone

EndZone

Insert something witty or clever here.

• Code-X Member
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:57 PM

I got my laptop back in 2005 and I've always had this problem where it would just turn off on me. It would make a loud sound (it's making the sound as I type this post) and then it would turn off. It gets boiling hot in a matter of half an hour or so and then I must put it in Standby and flip it over to cool it down. My mother suggests the fan might be broken. I could try to tape the sound on my camera and then upload it on Youtube or something if you must hear the sound.

So anyway onto the topic. Let's say I went to "xyz.com" and now I want it completely gone from my computer's memory. Suppose I want my computet to have absolutely no recollection of going to xyz.com ever. Would it be possible to delete all traces from xyz.com so it would be like I never went to xyz.com ever before in my life? I'm talking about using Firefox, too, so I just choose the option Delete Private Data, then I go to My Computer, go into the C Drive, Documents and Settings, my Username and then Cookies and then delete all the cookies. Is this the right way to do this?

#2 JeRicHo0L

JeRicHo0L

Code-X Made SvR06 Legendary!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:08 PM

u got this this prob since 2005? try to do a system restore n look if u can set it back to this date, i dont think its possible

burn all the important datas and formate ur pc new^^

#3 El Cangry

El Cangry

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:09 PM

CCleaner?

#4 EndZone

EndZone

• Code-X Member
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:43 PM

Wow, CCleaner is pretty good. Thanks for the link. This will permanently delete the internet history? I only want Firefox's deleted.

And yes, Jericho, I have pretty much had this problem since 2005. I don't know why it happens, but it just does. So I might be forced to send my laptop in, since now the sound is happening all the time, when before it only happened if I was using Macro Media Flash Player. So yeah, I might be forced to send the laptop in, so I wanted my browsing history to be deleted. I don't want the makers of the laptop seeing websites I've been to.

#5 El Cangry

El Cangry

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:09 PM

I believe it does. I've used it for almost a year now and it has deleted (what I believe) all recollection of me being in a certain site.

#6 EndZone

EndZone

• Code-X Member
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:27 PM

Alright, good. I think I'm gonna be forced to send my piece of crap laptop in. :(

#7 D-Ten

D-Ten

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:49 PM

, deleting the stuff as you said is only hiding it from view, but its still there. and can be undeleated CCleaner is cool but its not permanent either just an automatic form of what you did, In most instances thats enough. BCwipe is a programme that uses all sorts of fancy encryption and techniques to overwrithe whats left after deleating so it can't be brought back.

The other problem is your fan, you should definetly have it seen to, it could cause a fire, I heard of a fire recently caused by a laptop. alway have it on a hard surface so the ventilation is not covered.

Edited by TEN, 21 May 2007 - 06:28 PM.