1 reply to this topic

#1 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program

For those of you who purchased a Nintendo 3DS before August 12, 2011 and joined the Ambassador Program, expect to receive lot's of free games from the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console.

Update: August 24, 2011
Starting September 1, 2011 Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES Virtual Console games at no charge from the Nintendo eShop. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will also provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games.

What Games To Expect For Ambassador Members
So Far only 5 NES and 5 Game Boy Advance games have been leaked as the freebies. They are:

• Super Mario Bros. (NES)
  • Donkey Kong Jr. (NES)
  • Balloon Fight (NES)
  • Ice Climber (NES)
  • The Legend of Zelda (NES)
  • Metroid Fusion (GBA)
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA)
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong (GBA)
  • Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (GBA)
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ (GBA)

5 more NES and 5 more GBA titles still to be announced.

FAQs
Q: What is the Nintendo Ambassador Program?
A: The Nintendo Ambassador Program is a rewards program. Nintendo is offering tons of free games to customers who purchased a Nintendo 3DS before August 12, 2011.

Q: How do I join the Ambassador Program?
A: First, purchase a Nintendo 3DS before August 12, 2011. Secondly, you need a Wireless Broadband Connection. Turn on the wi-fi setting on the right side of your 3DS and set up your wireless settings. Once you have a wireless connection, go into the Nintendo eShop Channel on your 3DS and you will automatically become an Ambassador Member.

Q: How can I make sure I'm in the Ambassador Program?
A: Turn on your Nintendo 3DS and go to the Nintendo eShop. Scroll to the News Channel in the eShop. It should say Ambassador Program.

Q: How can I check the status of my Ambassador Status?
A: Nintendo 3DS customers who qualified for the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program can check their status by going to http://support.ninte...tendo3DSstatus.

Q: I bought my Nintendo 3DS on or after August 12, 2011. Can I still take advantage of the Ambassador Program?
A: No.

Q: Will the freebies offered through this program be available for purchase at a later date for non Ambassador customers.
A: As of now, Nintendo has not said anything. It is rumored that the free games will only be available for Ambassador members only.

#2 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

Is anyone part of the Ambassador Program? I am and am excited to get some free games! Granted a few are worth having for me from the current line up. It's still not too bad to try out the other, lesser known games since they're free :P. I can't wait to see what the other 10 games will be. Better be good.