34 replies to this topic

#1 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:01 AM

TOKYO -- Microsoft announced a few new games for Xbox 360 today, including the first next-gen entry in Namco Bandai's Tekken fighting game series.

Wow, it's like every time I remotely consider buying a PS3, Sony manages to change my mind!

http://blog.wired.co...box-360-ga.html

#2 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:15 AM

If this keeps up, i will never touch my Playstation 3 console again.

#3 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:29 AM

Wow, thats really good news for Xboxers :)
I hope that Ace Combat comes out for PS3 too :P

BTW KM, didnt you mean Microsoft?

#4 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:31 AM

I'm still saving over $460 by not playing MGS4!

Seriously though, This gen is not for Sony. They had a good run, and even ruined the fun on Nintendo's Gamecube market, which would have been a fantastic console with awesome innovations for video gaming. I don't know how well it did vs N64, but this gen belongs to Nintendo. Microsoft is still doing very this gen seeing as Sony is their only competition. I'm not going to mention Nintendo in this competition because it has established itself in a place of it's own.

Also, onto the main point. With the PS3 not having a good selection of exclusives, I see no point in wasting over $460 just for MGS4. The problem is that I want a PS3, but it's not a practical purchase at the moment.

View PostTornado, on Oct 9 2008, 11:29 AM, said:

BTW KM, didnt you mean Microsoft?
No. I think he's saying that Sony is screwing themselves over by not getting good exclusives, which is why Sony is helping him stay away from their product.

#5 SadPANDA.

SadPANDA.

Code-X Superstar

• Banned
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:04 PM

Oh WTF, I too was also going to buy a PS3, but what's the point? Isnt the PS3 gonna get Halo 3 early next year?

#6 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:49 PM

Halo 3?
Hell no

Its like the 360 getting MGS. Each console has its on respective "Uber Exclusive" as I like to call them

TBH, I bought a PS3 because I was pretty confident that over the long term it will improve. I also didnt want to risk the 3 Red Lights. Rare as it is, I couldnt be assed with paying more money for people to repair a console that was released WITH a blooming problem!! The other reason being that my best friend got one as well, so you know

EDIT: Good Job you dont live here Serg... I forked out £400 (About 750 Dollars) to pay for my 40GB with GTA 4 and GRID.

Edited by Tornado, 09 October 2008 - 01:51 PM.

#7 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:19 PM

Sony fail this gen. They keep losing stuff.

#8 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

I will still enjoy playing with my PS3 but I'm really dissappointed with Sony with the PSN Cards, Trophies and especially the lack of exculsives

#9 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

View PostTornado, on Oct 9 2008, 03:49 PM, said:

Halo 3?
Hell no

Its like the 360 getting MGS. Each console has its on respective "Uber Exclusive" as I like to call them

TBH, I bought a PS3 because I was pretty confident that over the long term it will improve. I also didnt want to risk the 3 Red Lights. Rare as it is, I couldnt be assed with paying more money for people to repair a console that was released WITH a blooming problem!! The other reason being that my best friend got one as well, so you know

EDIT: Good Job you dont live here Serg... I forked out £400 (About 750 Dollars) to pay for my 40GB with GTA 4 and GRID.
Eh, PS3 getting Halo 3 would be nothing like if 360 got MGS4. One of them is actually a possibility, the other is not. Halo is owned by Microsoft, it will not appear on any other console without Microsoft's approval and that's not likely to happen unless they go the Sega route in the future. Where as Metal Gear Solid IV is not owned by Sony and can go to whatever console they choose to put it on. Hell, if they wanted to they could stick it on the Wii, an incredibly downgraded version, but they could do it if they wanted nonetheless. Point is, Halo is nailed down, it's not going anywhere. MGSIV is not though and they could put it on any console they like.

Anyway, I said this was going to happen a long time ago on another message board at GameFAQs. I told them that Tekken 6 would be making it's way onto the 360 sometime around or after the PS3 version was released and people literally mocked me and insulted me for it. Guess what? Look who was right.

#10 Shyseven

Shyseven

...by way of detailed programmatic specificity.

• Code-X Member
  • 4,354 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:41 PM

:woot:

Thanks, Microsoft. But I have yet to play it on the arcade though. :confused:

#11 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:18 AM

Sony has so much money, why don't they just giv some to the developers so they don't have to cross-platform it?

#12 O-Yama³

O-Yama³

I'm Gay

• Banned
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:21 AM

Who cares I don't play games like this anyways nor did I care about FF, 360 can have it there are better games to look forward to which are PS3 exclusives, Killzone2, Resistance 2, Little Big Planet (the making of the PS3), Uncharted 2 (in development) and those that are not exclusives, Bioshock, COD5, Resident evil 5 so I really don't care for Tekken and with Home coming to PS3 very soon I can see the PS3 sales double, imho 360 doesn't even come close to the PS3 next year you'll see 360 struggle to compete against the almighty PS3, infact their are critics that believe the 360 will be dead by this time next year as MS has failed to fix the hardware problems namely RROD which keeps rearing its ugly head and with MS cutting the price of damaged goods imo its illegal to flog shit.

#13 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:32 AM

While I agree with you that the PS3's future line up is good, and the fact that the PS3 is the cheapest Blu-Ray player out there, it might come on top. But to say that the 360 will be dead is non sense. Sure there are problems with the hardware, but they are fixing it for free. They are trying to fix the problem, so just give it time, but there are some very nice 360 exclusives as well.

#14 O-Yama³

O-Yama³

I'm Gay

• Banned
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:43 AM

View PostSharpy93, on Oct 10 2008, 11:32 AM, said:

But to say that the 360 will be dead is non sense.
I actually believe there maybe some truth in it, I can only base it on the critics views and I am unable to find them for you guys, but what they said made sense.

Sure there are problems with the hardware, but they are fixing it for free
Thats doesn't make me feel confident with purchasing yet another 360, they fix it for free so what? they shouldn't be flogging crap that fails, I don't want a 360 again because I believe the future is with Sony maybe not right now but just wait and I quote Sharpy93 "just give it time".

They are trying to fix the problem, so just give it time
It'll be dead before they fix it and I've heard this time and time again that they'll fix in fact I heard it when I brought a 360 and that was ages ago and still the console has problems, the only way they can resolve it is to launch their 360 slim which will have no issues but by then people wont care what MS says they simply wont trust them.

but there are some very nice 360 exclusives as well.
Not disputing that.

EDIT: Post edited

Edited by O-Yama³, 10 October 2008 - 05:03 AM.

#15 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:59 AM

There are millions of 360 console's in people's home. They will be forced to fix the problem, sooner than later.

#16 O-Yama³

O-Yama³

I'm Gay

• Banned
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 05:07 AM

View PostSharpy93, on Oct 10 2008, 11:59 AM, said:

There are millions of 360 console's in people's home. They will be forced to fix the problem, sooner than later.
True, but it will be you running to MS with RROD and it just shouldn't be like that.

#17 Ollie The Magic Bum

Ollie The Magic Bum

BALL DON'T LIE!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,091 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:56 AM

I don't think that buying a PS3 would be a waste, provided you don't already have a 360. There's really no reason to have both.

#18 DTM

DTM

Code-X Main Eventer

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:48 PM

It seems when the PS3 loses a game the first thing that is brought up is that the 360 RRoD every once and awhile. Saying that is a problem is like say PS2 DRE was a problem even though it is the highest selling console ever.

Now i have nothing against the PS3 cause LittleBigPlanet looks amazing and home looks promising(although how long has everyone been looking? wanna finish up before this gen is over sony?) but both don't look like console sellers they are more to please current owners of the ps3. Killzone 2 i still don't get the fuss about since it was only a mediocre game the first time around so i really think Sony should of just start over with a new series and not try another halo killer and go for something different.

MGS4 i personally don't like the series *ducks from flying tomato* but i'm not the only person they are trying to buy a PS3 but even that didn't pull the PS3 up to the top or stop little of the critics which to be fair is probably their main problem while it is in a slump having every site or magazine call it a paperweight isn't helping their sales its almost as people won't buy it cause it is fun to laugh at it.

Resistance 2 looks good actually that huge boss seems awesome and would be a fun level to play not much more to say about it other then it isn't enough for me to spend money on another console and the price of it isn't bothering me it just seems any money i spend on it is throwing away cash cause i just am not impressed with what it has to offer as a whole.

#19 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:21 AM

Damn, you ducked my tomato. :angry:

#20 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 03:51 AM

I like things like MGS, but (contridiction!) I hate stealth games. When my mate said that the 4th was all about stealth I told him to forget me getting it :lol:

I couldnt understand tho, why Unreal Tournament took like 3 extra months to come out on Xbox... I mean, there is like 20 missions and 0 reply value. VERY weird indeed

#21 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

Why is it when a topic says "360" the word "RROD" can be found in the topic.

#22 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:12 PM

View PostTornado, on Oct 9 2008, 02:49 PM, said:

Each console has its on respective "Uber Exclusive" as I like to call them

Nintendo: Mario, Zelda
Microsoft: Halo
Sony: ???

Honestly...Metal Gear Solid is good but it's not enough to be your flagship franchise, so to speak...

#23 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:07 PM

Seriously what good 360 exclusives are there. Halo was cool. Not that great.

#24 King¦Mickey

King¦Mickey

i dunno lol

• Code-X Member
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

No Halo is not that great, in fact it's mediocre at best, however, the fact is is that Halo WILL sell consoles. MGS4 will not, or at least not on the same scale.

#25 Ollie The Magic Bum

Ollie The Magic Bum

BALL DON'T LIE!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,091 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:49 PM

I don't particularly like Halo. I have no idea why I play it.