#2 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

Tips & Secrets

Hailing Cab/Taxi
press LB when a Cab is in view and when it pulls over HOLD Y button. Alternatively simply go up to a cab and HOLD Y button to pull out the passenger.

Dialing Cheats on Phone
Press UP twice on the D-PAD enter number and then highlight the phone icon on the left.

Easy Money
Go to an ATM, then cause a traffic jam to the area. Wait for someone to take money from the ATM, then kill him or her. Make sure to block any nearby roads so the ambulance cannot get to the murdered victim. Take the money they dropped on the ground. Then, run a short distance away, and go back. The money should respawn on the ground. You can repeat this as many times as desired. You can also kill more people taking their money from the ATM to increase the amount of money that respawns. -From: Khairol161

Perfect Bowling Strikes
Pick the first lane, take 2 full steps to the left, pull back the right stick and count to one (don't rush it take your time) then push up on 2. Do NOT add after-touch.

Dating
You can date people from the in game Internet. When looking at their profile click DATE. You then have to wait a few days (game time) for a negative or positive reply via email. If a date accepts, then reply to their email and meet up!

Repairing Car Engine
If the vehicle you are driving breaks down and the engine will not start, call 911, and your engine should start again.

Saving Vehicles
You can save vehicles inside the yellow lines on the street in front of all of your safe houses. There are no more garages for storing and saving vehicles.

Parking More Vehicles at Safe Houses
Outside your first safe house is a small parking area to park your vehicles and save them. Instead of parking your vehicles fully within the lines, you can park your vehicles partially within the lines to allow for more vehicles to be parked and saved. -From: Zane

Fast Travel
To avoid wasting time driving all the way across the city, call a taxi. They will take you to your destination for your mission, stores, safe houses, or even a waypoint marker. You can skip through the taxi ride, allowing you to travel across the entire city in about ten seconds. This can also be done during missions.

Easy Headshots
It is sometimes difficult to get headshots, which do count. With some practice, doing the following is an easy way to get headshots. Press [Auto-Aim], then use the Right Analog-stick to move the auto-aim target around your victim's body. Barely move the Right Analog-stick as you are shooting. This puts bullets in the chest and head, and results in an easy instant kill.

Getting Away From Police
When running away from the cops, you will have a circular area in which they look for you. However, if you get out and another cop sees you, it changes. To use this to your advantage, barely get out of that circle, which you will see on your radar. Then, just sit there for about five seconds instead of flooring past it.

Regaining Health During Missions
You can leave the mission area and go to a Cluckin' Bell, hotdog stand, etc. and eat food to replenish your health if you are low and cannot find a health pack. This is especially useful on missions where there are no health packs in sight. Note: You can also take a taxi to those locations during missions.

Avoiding Toll Booths
Drive through any toll booth with any emergency vehicle with the sirens on. The booth attendant will open the gate, and you will save $5.

$100 For All Ringtones and Themes
After getting the phone from Playboy X, go to the nearest Internet cafe. Buy all of the ringtones and themes from the ringtones site. Log out of the computer, and you will notice that you only paid $100 for all ringtones and themes.

Easy "One Man Army" Achievement (360)
Go to the bridge that takes you to the second island and has a train track under it. Walk along the train track towards the second island before you are allowed to cross the bridge. When you are about half way, you should have a six start wanted level. Then, just stand on the train track for five minutes to get the achievement. You do not have to worry about the police because they will be on the bridge above you so they cannot shoot, and the helicopters are above you so you have cover from them.

Ricky Gervais Cameo
Take a friend (Packie or Jacob works) to the Comedy Club in Star Junction (central island) and Ricky will perform a stand up routine.

Police Database
On the LCPD Internet page there's a tab at the bottom of the home page which says "DATABASE". Click it and you'll be able to get info on all characters in the game including Roman and Niko.

Music Info
Dial 948-555-0100 and you'll get a text message of the title and artist of the current music playing.

Get Helicopter With Rockets
Collect all 200 pigeons (flying rats) to unlock a helicopter with rockets.

Easy Way To Get A Cop Car
Near your first safe house, there is a cop car parked on the same street of your safe house. As you exit the safe house, the cop car should be to your left. Go down the street and simply break into the car to hot wire it and take it. Usually there are cops hanging around in front of the building where the cop car is parked so you will alert the police of your crime. If you get caught, simply drive as fast as you can down to the end of the street. You should be able to get out of their radar.

Free Weapons
Get a wanted level and lure some cops to your safe house. Kill them to increase your wanted level. Once you have 2 - 4 stars, cops will come at you relentlessly. Lure them to your apartment and stand by your bed area (save point). Kill as many cops as you can before you are near death. Before you die, press Y (360) or triangle (PS3) to immediately save your game file. Once you save, your wanted level will be gone and you get to keep whatever weapons are lying around your apartment room.

Easy Way To Regain 100% Health & Clear Wanted Level
If you are in need of health or are in desperate need to get away from the cops chasing you, head into any of your safe houses and save your game. Once you save and continue, your health will be full and your wanted level will be gone.

Stripper Double Trouble
When you visit a strip club, pay for 3 consecutive lap dances. A 2nd stripper will join the action on the 3rd lap dance.

Check Your Money
You can pause the game to find out how much money you have. Alternatively, you can check how much money you have at any ATM.

#3 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:16 PM

Easter Eggs

Prank Calls
During your adventure through Liberty City, you may find phone numbers written in inconspicuous places, such as on the side of a building or in the subway. If you dial these numbers, you'll usually get someone on the other end who you can subsequently prank.

Statue of Happiness: The Heart of Liberty City
Head to the Statue of Happiness on Happiness Island via helicopter. Have the helicopter drop you off on the very top of the statue's base. You'll find a sign up there that states "No Hidden Content this way", but if you head toward the door from this area, you'll walk right through the door. Inside you will find a ladder. Climb it to the very top to find the beating heart as shown in here.

Happiness Sweater
On Happiness Island, Niko can find a special sweater to wear at the bottom of the Status of Happiness. Get to Happiness Island and walk up the stairs at the Statue's base and you should find the sweater glowing orange on the floor. Click on the links for a picture of the front and back of the sweater.

What They Do Not Want You To Know
There is a secret website in the game's online directory www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com and it brings you to a forum with a bunch of maps with locations marked off for finding health, armor, weapons, pigeons, stunts, friends, sick freaks, & steve's cars. If you wish to use these maps to aid you in your game, click here to use ours!

Pedophile Warning
On any computer in the game, visit the following website - www.Littlelacysurprisepageant.com and receive an instant 5 Star Wanted Level.

Fire Truck Cannon
If you boost a fire truck, press the fire button while driving around. This will allow you to shoot the super-powerful water cannon at people.

Baby Carriage
There are a few baby carriages scattered through out Liberty City as if they were discarded or abandoned. This may be a subtle message regarding the lack of children in the game. Click here to see a picture of it.

Past GTA Characters Are Dead
Throughout Liberty City, you will find graffiti inside apartment complexes with mentions to past GTA characters as shown here. Below are more pictures which were zoomed in with a sniper rifle for better clarity.

Claude (GTA III)
Tommy Vercetti (GTA: Vice City)
Carl Johnson (GTA: San Andreas)
Toni (GTA: Liberty City Stories)
Victor Vance 1 (GTA: Vice City Stories)
Victor Vance 2 (GTA: Vice City Stories)

OG Loc from GTA: San Andreas
In the 2nd safe house in the game, if you look on the floor next to a small table with food on it, you will find a few CDs scattered on the floor. Zoom in with a sniper rifle and you will see a CD by OG Loc. Click here to see it.

Claude's GTA III Outfit
Claude's Outfit becomes an unlockable outfit based on an in-game decision. Click here to find out how to unlock it. Be warned of the spoiler warning.

The Mighty Love Fist
The Mighty Love Fist was a band introduced in GTA: Vice City and has made appearances via posters, specific band members, or mention on the radio in other GTA titles such as GTA: San Andreas and GTA: Liberty City Stories. GTA IV pays homage to the band by mentioning Love Fist is playing a show in town as shown here.

Mini Golf Landmarks (credit: GamesRadar.com for pics and info)
The amusement park at Firefly Island may be closed, but it has a few things worth looking at such as a few references to past GTA games. You can see The Ocean View Hotel from GTA: Vice City, the giant chicken from GTA: San Andreas, the farm windmill from San Andrea's countryside, The Watts Towers from Los Santos in San Andreas, & the lighthouse from the old Liberty City featured in GTA III and GTA: Liberty City Stories. You can visit the mini golf landmarks as marked on the map, here.

Vintage GTA Graffiti (credit: GamesRadar.com for pics and info)
GTA IV features a wall filled with vintage graffiti based on official art from previous GTA games. You can see the graffiti as marked on the map, here.

Carl "CJ" Johnson Cameo (credit: GamesRadar.com for pic)
During the CNT TV Show, "I'm Rich," CJ from GTA: San Andreas makes a quick cameo in a sky diving scene.

Rednecks Live! From San Andreas (credit: GamesRadar.com for pic)
A promo is aired for Rednecks Live! on the CNT Network, which is a stock-car racing show that was inexplicably created with GTA: San Andreas.

Bully's Bullworth Academy (credit: GamesRadar.com for pic)
During the CNT TV Show, "I'm Rich," a commercial is aired and wrongfully references Bullworth Academy, from Rockstar's "Bully," as one of America's best schools.

Claude Portrait
In the Lucky Winkles Bar in Algonquin, there is a Claude Portrait behind the bar that features Claude from GTA III. Click here to see a video of it.

#4 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

To get a free taxi ride just bust the window and wait until you are nearly to your destination then shoot, the cab driver will stop and run away.

Edited by Gregory Alan, 14 May 2008 - 02:24 PM.

#5 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

Did Claude ever talk in GTA 3 ?

#6 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

View PostAlan93, on May 14 2008, 04:23 PM, said:

Did Claude ever talk in GTA 3 ?
Nope. Neither in his cameo in GTA: SA.

#7 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:25 PM

I always wondered why he never talked. Also, Sergio did you take out the friends bonus and what they like or is it in another topic ?

#8 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:27 PM

I took it out. It is in a new topic as well as the 100% completion details. You can find them in the Helpful Links Topic. :)

#9 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:32 PM

#10 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:59 AM

New Easter Egg. OG Loc returns from San Andreas!

#11 BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

BIG~FAT~CHICKEN

I'm more fresh than the prince of Bellair!!

• Banned
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:06 PM

Great Info!! :thumbsup:

#12 Ace Combat

Ace Combat

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 441 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:40 PM

The beating heart is freaky! It just looks so weird man, lol. But yeah, there are lot of Cameos in that game. I was watching TV in my apartment and was watching this random Stand-Up Comedy show, and look who it is, Katt Williams. You may know him from Wild 'n' Out.

#13 Sergio

Sergio

Resident Evil Fan

• Code-X Administrator
  • 17,447 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:48 PM

You can also find him in the Comedy Club on Island 2. I've seen him do 2 acts. He also does a Radio Interview too. I can never agree on the justification of weed consumption, but he is funny.

#14 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

View PostSergio, on May 23 2008, 07:48 PM, said:

You can also find him in the Comedy Club on Island 2. I've seen him do 2 acts. He also does a Radio Interview too. I can never agree on the justification of weed consumption, but he is funny.
Ditto but he did three at the club.

#15 Ace Combat

Ace Combat

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 441 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

View PostGregory Alan, on May 23 2008, 08:51 PM, said:

Yeah, but Serg only saw 2, lol.

Why is it that you get a 5 Star Wanted Level just by going onto that site? I don't get it...

#16 ~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

~PrinCeSS ReBeCCa~

Code X's Princess

• Code-X Member
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:54 PM

View PostRonnie, on May 23 2008, 08:03 PM, said:

View PostGregory Alan, on May 23 2008, 08:51 PM, said:

Yeah, but Serg only saw 2, lol.

Why is it that you get a 5 Star Wanted Level just by going onto that site? I don't get it...
If you mean the beauty pageant website, well you should know.. Why would a guy like Nicco be looking at a child beauty pageant website. It sure does deserve five stars.

#17 Ace Combat

Ace Combat

Code-X Rising Star

• Banned
  • 441 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

Oh, I was actually sorta thinking of the Little girl who was murdered by some rapist or something, and she was in a Child beauty pageant too.

#18 .Jon.

.Jon.

Be Scared

• Code-X Member
  • 4,209 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:47 PM

NEW EASTER EGG. If u go into an alley with Packie, maneuver the camera to where u can like see through his head, you will see a brain in there the size of a peanut lol.

Posted Image

http://ps3.ign.com/d...ggs_050908.html
skip to 1:09

Edited by Deadly, 25 May 2008 - 08:51 PM.