#1 Blizzard

Blizzard

Ariana is my queen ♡

• Code-X Member
  • 10,287 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:09 AM

Credit: WrestleNewz

http://www.wrestlene...-and-lots-more/

- While it may appear to some that WWE has halted CM Punk’s push or put him on the backburner, sources say that is not the case. WWE officials were very surprised at new merchandise numbers for Punk. Punk is now one of the company’s top sellers and is neck-and-neck with John Cena. In one demographic, likely males, Punk is on pace to pass Cena in sales.

Because of Punk’s success coming out of the summer storylines, WWE officials are now actively looking for ways to monetize him. WWE Studios are looking for projects that Punk could star in and there is talk of doing a CM Punk book, in part because the company hasn’t had many books lined up as of late. There are also plans to release more Punk merchandise soon. Punk is also planned to be a bigger part of WWE programming and pay-per-views going into 2012. Word is that the company will be going “full blown” when it comes to Punk.

Regarding creative plans, Punk is scheduled to headline several upcoming pay-per-views with WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio. There’s no word yet where John Cena will fit into the feud, if he will at all. Some have questioned WWE’s booking of Punk as of late but it’s said that WWE is trying to build sympathy for his losses as a part of something bigger.
Glad WWE are pushing Punk more.

#2 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

This is the story of how I died...and went to heaven!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:38 AM

Sounds good in theory but WWE will fuck it up as usual and it will end up with CM Punk being buried and John Cena as WWE Champion yet again...

#3 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:21 AM

The moment CM Punk comes on my TV screen, I actually look forward to what's about to happen. THAT hasn't happened since the early 2000's. Give him the belt, a mic and free reign to do whatever. The guy is actually the best at what he does. He can carry the whole organization as a heel, face or even just being himself. That takes talent. No gimmicks needed. Love this guy.

#4 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

View PostJess Morrison, on 04 October 2011 - 07:38 AM, said:

Sounds good in theory but WWE will fuck it up as usual and it will end up with CM Punk being buried and John Cena as WWE Champion yet again...
I agree, it's a shame really because Cena has come the point where he does not need a belt. It is really amazing what being beat up and then five moves can really do.