Wrestling Archive XLI

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

A bit late this week, but that's because the idea hit me earlier today. So this is my superstar of last week. I will do another one on Friday for this week.

Posted Image

Any guesses who it is? :P Yep, Dave Finlay has made my superstar of the week for having a great night on Smackdown. He was certainly the busiest superstar of the night - having both started the show in a great way and ending it in a great way. He beats the other contenders such as D-X for their work on ECW and Randy Orton for his heel like work on RAW this week. Although D-X and Randy Orton made a big impact, nobody's impact was as great as Finlay last Friday.

Firstly, he fought in a really decent match against Rey Mysterio. Good match, I liked it, if I'm honest. He worked well to the part and didn't even resort to heel tactics (much) to pick up the win. By winning against Rey (in what was, I thought, one of the most original and great endings of a match in the past few weeks), he had already boosted to the near top of the rankings (in terms of Superstar of the Week). He played the part of the oppertunist well in the match against Mysterio and came out with the victory.

Then came his destruction of Batista. I loved watching it, just because Batista is just sucking ass right now (both his character and form). He can't pull out a good match, nowadays and it was good to see somebody punish him for it ^_^. Finlay worked the heel well here, and worked as a member of the Court well.

A great week for Finlay.

Thoughts?

Edited by The Legend Killer, 11 September 2006 - 09:45 AM.

#2 Sℓϊм™

Sℓϊм™

Boston Red Sox| O4 & O7 CHAMPZ!!!!

• Code-X Member
  • 6,254 posts
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:52 PM

I always liked Finlay. I think he is alot like Benoit but not as good. I actually think alot of people underate him. He can wrestle good and has a great gimmick. I agree with the SOTW.

#3 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

PHOENIX'S BITTER BITTER RIVAL!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:09 PM

he's diff. than benoit. he doesn't implement suplexes or alot of rest/submission holds but I know he can wrestle his butt off..Go back to his days in wcw as fit finlay and his matches w/ regal, pillman, dave taylor and you'll see he can hang w/ the best..he is def. an asset to the wwe and sd!

#4 Guest_Stu_*

Guest_Stu_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:00 AM

An asset yes, but in reality, he's there to guide the newbies and put the likes of Lashley, and probably Batista over. His match against Benoit at Judgment Day stole the show - and his match at GAB did also (except maybe Hardy vs Helms).

#5 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

PHOENIX'S BITTER BITTER RIVAL!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:06 AM

The Legend Killer, on Sep 12 2006, 01:00 AM, said:

An asset yes, but in reality, he's there to guide the newbies and put the likes of Lashley, and probably Batista over. His match against Benoit at Judgment Day stole the show - and his match at GAB did also (except maybe Hardy vs Helms).
oo ya..i dont expect him to be a big star, which is fine w/ me, cuz like regal, its his in-ring ability that I appreciate and could care less if he was world champ or not..he's getting a good push for someone who's there simply too elevate other stars

#6 wwfpooh

wwfpooh

See the sig for where good television has gone.

• Code-X Member
  • 6,678 posts
  • Location:Think Wizard of Oz, for that's all the information you're getting! :lol:

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:31 PM

Icon, on Sep 12 2006, 03:06 AM, said:

The Legend Killer, on Sep 12 2006, 01:00 AM, said:

oo ya..i dont expect him to be a big star, which is fine w/ me, cuz like regal, its his in-ring ability that I appreciate and could care less if he was world champ or not..he's getting a good push for someone who's there simply too elevate other stars
Just as Taker runs on appearances alone.