Retail Radar: Pimp My Ride and Harley Davidson....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:45 PM

Retail Radar: Pimp My Ride and Harley Davidson revved up for Xbox 360 and PS2?
EBgames/GameStop lists product pages for a slate of unannounced Activision titles, including two new Cabela's hunting sims for Xbox 360 and a pair of portable Spider-Man games.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted May 27, 2006 1:35 am GMT

It's not so hard out here for a pimp, apparently.
The Retail Radar has picked up a handful of incoming bogies from Activision on EBgames' Web site today. Online retailers have a history of leaking publishers' announcements, putting up product pages for games that haven't yet been confirmed to exist. While these listings should not be taken as official confirmation about which games are coming out for which platforms, they are frequently an accurate indicator of what might be coming just over the horizon.

While the MTV show Pimp My Ride has appeared in games before (the show had a tie-in deal with Midway's racer L.A. Rush), it hasn't been the basis for a game itself. That oversight might soon be remedied, as EBgames has listings up for a Pimp My Ride game for the PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, and PlayStation Portable. The pages are virtually blank, but Activision is given as their publisher, and the 360 game's category is listed as "Racing, Online." The PS2 and PSP versions are listed for an October 2 release with prices of $29.99 and $39.99, respectively. The 360 edition is slated for November 1, with a $39.99 price tag.

Activision apparently has a need for speed, as the retailer also lists it as the publisher for Harley Davidson Motorcycles for the PS2 and Xbox 360. As with Pimp My Ride, the PS2 version is listed at $29.99, with the 360 one at $39.99 and sporting the "Racing, Online" descriptor. Both versions of the game are given a November 1 shipping date.

Anyone who's played the publisher's Spider-Man games knows fossil fuels aren't the only way Activision has of getting from point A to point B, and the publisher looks to be set for another bout of webswinging. In addition to the already announced game adaptations of Spider-Man 3, EBgames is accepting preorders for Spider-Man Origins on the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance. Each game is priced at $29.99 and carries an October 24 release date.

[UPDATE]: An Activision representative confirmed for GameSpot that there is a Spider-Man title in the works, but said that it will not be called Spider-Man Origins. The full name of the game has yet to be announced.

Finally, the publisher is also listed as handling a pair of new hunting games on the retailer's site. Cabela's African Safari is scheduled for a November 1 release on the PS2 and the Xbox 360 for $29.99 and $39.99, respectively. Hunters more accustomed to colder climes can instead look forward to Cabela's Alaskan Adventure, listed for August 1 on the PSP, PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360. All versions of that game are priced at $29.99 except for the 360 edition, which rings up at $39.99.

And for cost-conscious gamers concerned that EBgames' and GameStop's Web sites list the majority of their Wii titles for almost $60, there is some potentially good news today. A GameStop employee today told GameSpot that on the company's internal databases, the standard Wii game pricing weighs in at $50.

Credit: Gamespot