What's best for business...?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

This is the story of how I died...and went to heaven!

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

Some fans are turning their disappointment with the current WWE storyline into a refund for Night of Champions. Several fans claim to have called Cox Cable and asked for a refund after Daniel Bryan’s WWE Title win at Night of Champions was overturned on RAW. The fans have reportedly received refunds.

A Cox representative has confirmed that other people have called and received refunds because the finish of the show they paid for were invalidated.

So after repeating saying "it's what's best for bussiness" after every questionable decicion Triple H has made, I find it ironic that WWE are now losing money on something Triple H though was best for bussiness and some fans got a free WWE Pay-Per-View.

#2 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

We need to the Legend Killer Orton back, it's whats best for business. This storyline is kinda of bad because it's just keeps repeating itself.

#3 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

How can they get refunded for a problem that happened on a free show the next night? lol. That's like having a nice meal at a fancy restaurant, then having a shitty one at McDonald's, but going back to the fancy place to complain.

Edited by JB , 19 September 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#4 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostSocom, on 19 September 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

We need to the Legend Killer Orton back, it's whats best for business. This storyline is kinda of bad because it's just keeps repeating itself.

Yeah Randy Orton turned into a pussy over night. Always needing The Sheild (who he was fighting with like a month before) to help him. It's also ruined The Sheild because instead of being the hounds of justice, they are just Triple H and Randy Orton's lapdogs. When the face Superstars ran down on RAW, Randy Orton ran away faster than when he went AWOL from the Navy. At least The Sheild tried to fight back even thought it was eleven vs. three and Daniel Bryan always tries to fight back when it's four (or more) on one.

View PostJB, on 19 September 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

How can they get refunded for a problem that happened on a free show the next night? lol. That's like having a nice meal at a fancy restaurant, then having a shitty one at McDonald's, but going back to the fancy place to complain.

It's nothing like having a shitty meal at McDoanlds unless the same company owned both businesses. The fancy resturant would probaley say "dude, go and sue Ronald McDonald." Back to WWE, the fans case was vacting the WWE Championship the night after made the match result of Night of Champions invalid. I don't really see why it should since Daniel Bryan's victory still counts and they are still rfering to him as a two-time WWE Champion. I would of said for the match result to be made invalid would be taking away Daniel Bryan's second WWE Championship so he goes back to a one-time WWE Champion, giving the title back to Randy Orton and pretending like it didn't happen.

UPDATE: WWE has provided us with the following statement on this issue:

“While certain fans may not have liked the continuing storyline following Night of Champions, we’re certain that the 3-hour pay-per-view event delivered all the entertainment and excitement expected from WWE.”

They used the word "expected." WWE do this shit all the time and fans should expect it. The statement from WWE kind of stupid. Fans are asking for refund because they didn't feel the pay-per-view did deliver entrtainment and excitement and just pissed Daniel Bryan fans off. But the statement from WWE is pretty much ignoring the fans and saying it did, despite people saying it didn't. Fans got refunds so WWE can say what they want, they lost money. That's bad for bussiness...

Also, I'm sure the cable company felt the fans had a good case for them to give refunds. I'm sure you can't order a pay-per-view then right up the next day and say "it sucked, I want a refund" without a good reason.

Edited by Jess Morrison, 19 September 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#5 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Getiing a refund is kinda of stupid because it is just a storyline. At the end of the day Bryan beat Orton for the WWE Championship, the ending was rockey but it is still int he record books. It's like getting a refund for Del Rio cashing in just after Punk won, stupid. It's just whats "Best for Business".

As for the storyline itself. I don't really see it going anywhere for a few months, Big Show is going to do something (cost Bryan the match at Battleground). And who could be the star that Vince is going to bring in to take down the corrupted Triple H. I can see something like Triple w/Steph vs the returing John Cena w/Vince at mania. I can't really see anyone else other Cena they can bring to fight Hunter. Unless they do manage to get Stone Cold back or Goldberg, I can dream.

#6 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostSocom, on 19 September 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

Getiing a refund is kinda of stupid because it is just a storyline. At the end of the day Bryan beat Orton for the WWE Championship, the ending was rockey but it is still int he record books. It's like getting a refund for Del Rio cashing in just after Punk won, stupid. It's just whats "Best for Business".

As for the storyline itself. I don't really see it going anywhere for a few months, Big Show is going to do something (cost Bryan the match at Battleground). And who could be the star that Vince is going to bring in to take down the corrupted Triple H. I can see something like Triple w/Steph vs the returing John Cena w/Vince at mania. I can't really see anyone else other Cena they can bring to fight Hunter. Unless they do manage to get Stone Cold back or Goldberg, I can dream.

I could see somthing like this happening. Also if Randy Orton wins at Battleground, Daniel Bryan can win the Royal Rumble or an Elimination Chamber, go to WrestleMania and win. Thus giving the story a happy ending as Daniel Bryan enjoys a WWE Championship regin lasting longer than 24 hours.

There was talk of Triple H vs. Stone Cold with Vince McMahon but this is kind of stupid since it's been done. I'm sure every fan would want to see Stone Cold vs. CM Punk if Stone Cold had one more match.

#7 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:20 AM

I don't see Bryan winning the title at Wrestlemania, but I can see him defending it at Mania. I remember reading a while back that they want CM punk to win the Rumble and go on to win the title at Mania since his contracting is coming to an end and WWE is unsure if he is going to sign again due to a lot of injuries that he is currently having. What ever they do I hope they keep Orton in the title picture some how and keep him as a heel.

#8 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostJess Morrison, on 19 September 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

View PostJB, on 19 September 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

It's nothing like having a shitty meal at McDoanlds unless the same company owned both businesses. The fancy resturant would probaley say "dude, go and sue Ronald McDonald." Back to WWE, the fans case was vacting the WWE Championship the night after made the match result of Night of Champions invalid. I don't really see why it should since Daniel Bryan's victory still counts and they are still rfering to him as a two-time WWE Champion. I would of said for the match result to be made invalid would be taking away Daniel Bryan's second WWE Championship so he goes back to a one-time WWE Champion, giving the title back to Randy Orton and pretending like it didn't happen.

Ok, dude, having delicious Pizza Hut and then puking from Taco Bell the next day. They are both owned by the same company, happy?

And my point is that even if they did invalidate it and pretend it never happened, it still takes nothing away from the quality of the PPV. The PPV and Raw the next night are two different things, it makes absolutely no sense how you can complain about a FREE show and get refunded for a PPV.. especially when you consider how WWE is scripted, it's not legit competition, nobody was really screwed out of anything.

#9 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostSocom, on 20 September 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

I don't see Bryan winning the title at Wrestlemania, but I can see him defending it at Mania. I remember reading a while back that they want CM punk to win the Rumble and go on to win the title at Mania since his contracting is coming to an end and WWE is unsure if he is going to sign again due to a lot of injuries that he is currently having. What ever they do I hope they keep Orton in the title picture some how and keep him as a heel.
I don't see why not. Daniel Bryan is the most popular Superstar in WWE at the moment by far. The more shit they do to him, the more popular he gets. I don't mind Randy Orton as a heel, just annoyed when they make him look like a bitch always needing people to help him out.

View PostJB, on 20 September 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Ok, dude, having delicious Pizza Hut and then puking from Taco Bell the next day. They are both owned by the same company, happy?

And my point is that even if they did invalidate it and pretend it never happened, it still takes nothing away from the quality of the PPV. The PPV and Raw the next night are two different things, it makes absolutely no sense how you can complain about a FREE show and get refunded for a PPV.. especially when you consider how WWE is scripted, it's not legit competition, nobody was really screwed out of anything.
The quality of the pay-per-view still sucked anyway. The WWE Championship Match ended with a reverse decision the next night, The World Championship Match ended in a DQ. The 2-on-1 Handicap Match ended with interferrance and Ryback slicing CM Punk's back open, probaley why he was on RAW or SmackDown...unless like a lot people worldwide, he didn't go to work because he wanted to play Grand Theft Auto V. Then there was two random last minute thrown together matches. Least with an MMA or Boxing pay-per-view you know whos fighting and know before hand the matches could end after one round.

WWE compared it wanted a refund from a movie threater if you didn't like the ending of a movie. Diffrences being movies you can view trailers and reviews online and they cost around one fifth of a WWE pay-per-view.

#10 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Orton doesn't need to look strong right now, part of the story is that everybody knows Bryan can beat him in fair settings.

PTP/Shield was good. Axel/Kofi was good. Punk/Heyman and Axel was good. Bryan/Orton was good. I really don't think based on the PPV alone it would be refund worthy, but then again, opinions differ. If this was about people getting refunded because the PPV itself, then no big, it's their opinion on the product they purchased.. but when people get a refund for what happened the next night, that's just ludicrous as the next night takes nothing away from the PPV. What happens the next night shouldn't make you like or hate the PPV any more or less, as it's a separate thing. It's like liking an original movie.. until you see that the sequel sucks, then you hate the original too for some reason? People are strange.

#11 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostJB, on 22 September 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

Orton doesn't need to look strong right now, part of the story is that everybody knows Bryan can beat him in fair settings.

PTP/Shield was good. Axel/Kofi was good. Punk/Heyman and Axel was good. Bryan/Orton was good. I really don't think based on the PPV alone it would be refund worthy, but then again, opinions differ. If this was about people getting refunded because the PPV itself, then no big, it's their opinion on the product they purchased.. but when people get a refund for what happened the next night, that's just ludicrous as the next night takes nothing away from the PPV. What happens the next night shouldn't make you like or hate the PPV any more or less, as it's a separate thing. It's like liking an original movie.. until you see that the sequel sucks, then you hate the original too for some reason? People are strange.
Posted Image It's nothing like the things you keep mentioning. The cable company thought they should give a refund out because they felt people got screwed over. WWE can do every bullshit excuse they want about them delivering entertainment but basicly they kept screwed over the guy fans like too many times and people have expressed anger over it. It's like I told you a few weeks ago, RAW or SmackDown normaly ends with Daniel Bryan getting attacked by The Sheild, then Randy Orton walks down the ramp for five minutes and stands over him. Either way, WWE has fucked themselfs over since they lost money and probalby hurt pride since the cable company pretty much said "I'm sorry Night of Champions sucks, here's your money back."

TNA on the other hand, when Sting fought Jeff Hardy while he was high/drunk or whatever he was for 90 seconds, all TNA gave back was six months free on thier on demand service.

The "asshole" chant has started to happen again recently so that's much people hate Triple H. It was probably edited out of SmackDown since it's tapped but apprently the fans chanted it at him after he stoped the 11-on-3 gauntlet match.

Edited by Jess Morrison, 22 September 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#12 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

According to your original post, it's exactly like the things I'm saying.

And I quote:

"Several fans claim to have called Cox Cable and asked for a refund after Daniel Bryan’s WWE Title win at Night of Champions was overturned on RAW."

People were getting a PPV refund for what happend on Raw, am I wrong?

And people are supposed to hate HHH, do you not understand what it means to be a heel? For once the WWE is actually making the heels unlikable and people bitch about it.. go figure.

#13 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostJB, on 22 September 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

People were getting a PPV refund for what happend on Raw, am I wrong?

And people are supposed to hate HHH, do you not understand what it means to be a heel? For once the WWE is actually making the heels unlikable and people bitch about it.. go figure.
I was'nt talking about that. I was talking about comparing it to Toco Bell and Pizza Hut or a movie and it's squeal.

Triple H is kind of a stupid heel because he still acts face sometimes. Like the whole 20 minute promo at Night of Champions forcing the heel Paul Heyman into the match and making the heel Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel defend his title right there. Plus stopping gauntlet match which The Sheild was attacking everyone one by one and giving Rob Van Dam a World Heavyweight Championship Match for no reason was kind of faceish.

#14 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

I don't get the Triple H heel gimmick at all, why cut a face promo at NoC, why make a 11 vs 3 match against the shield. Come on Vince lets put a stop to him. It's not a bad storyline but I feel they just recycled Johhny Aces storyline from last year (i think it was last year).

#15 EvilMadness®

EvilMadness®

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Code-X Member
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

You know it's just a gimmick right? They wanted to make Triple H a heel since he was like a good guy during it's storyline with Brock so they came up with this gimmick with David Bryan and Ortan so they put him into it as like the old Evolution faction again.

#16 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

But the Evolution faction was entertaining. This new faction is boring it's the same thing every week. I mean who really gives a toss about Big Show, who gives a toss about the WWE Championship. Since Bryan won it of Cena it's just getting passed around it adds no value to the title.

#17 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

The man with the question mark on his chest who's name appears to be Vacant is still a more entertaining World Champion than Alberto Del Rio.

Posted Image

#18 EvilMadness®

EvilMadness®

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Code-X Member
  • 623 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostSocom, on 05 October 2013 - 05:50 AM, said:

But the Evolution faction was entertaining. This new faction is boring it's the same thing every week. I mean who really gives a toss about Big Show, who gives a toss about the WWE Championship. Since Bryan won it of Cena it's just getting passed around it adds no value to the title.

I acutally like what they did with title lately it's Vacant now they should of just gave it to Ortan to keep he hasn't had a good push to me in long time and so he would be a good Champion plus he's the face of the WWE so it's obvious for him to be the WWE Champion right Posted Image.

View PostJess Morrison, on 06 October 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

The man with the question mark on his chest who's name appears to be Vacant is still a more entertaining World Champion than Alberto Del Rio.

Posted Image

Alberto Del Rio isn't a good heel so they are probably going to give the World Heavyweight title to RVD tonight at Battleground...Posted Image.

#19 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Might be going back on what I said here but I kinda of like the title vacant. I just wish they had a deadly game type tournment or something.

#20 EvilMadness®

EvilMadness®

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Code-X Member
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostSocom, on 07 October 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

Might be going back on what I said here but I kinda of like the title vacant. I just wish they had a deadly game type tournment or something.

Did you see Battleground? It was ok and if not the title is still vacant if you watched RAW you would of found out anyway, They have HBK as some type of special ref for the next PPV, for the title match... my opinion hasn't changed Ortan is a better seller when it comes to his in ring telant. He makes a good heel and I hoping WWE will see that he's a better champion when he is a heel. So a long push as champion is what I'm hoping for. But they'll probably give the fan favorite the title as alway..........

#21 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Like it even matters now anyways. John Cena is coming back, he'll cut a promo about how he deserves a WWE Title match. He'll then say the exact same thing again only this time he will shout to show he's super serious. He'll become a 1000th WWE Champion, defeat the big bad Randy Orton and all the little kiddies will dance and celebrate and act like it's something new.

Edited by Jess Morrison, 08 October 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#22 EvilMadness®

EvilMadness®

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Code-X Member
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

ON RAW they said Cena is coming back at Hell in a Call and is going to be in a match againist Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight title so even if Ortan is the Champion I really don't see them giving Cena both titles since I do believe Del Rio is going to lose his title to Cena soo... that means they're not planning on hand picking him for the WWE title (this time).

#23 Rapunzel

Rapunzel

• Code-X Member
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

John Cena is an 11-time WWE Champion. Now it's his time to become an 11-time World Heavyweight Champion.

#24 EvilMadness®

EvilMadness®

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Code-X Member
  • 623 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

They should of given RVD the title it would of been better. I think the original plan was for him to get it since he is pretty popular. But Cena was coming back soon and they didn't want to ruin the WWE title storyline with Ortan and Bryan so they decided to give it to Cena... it's just a theory...

Edited by EvilMadness®, 14 October 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#25 Socom

Socom

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

WWE really need to build Superstars and fast. The kids will grow up and will seethat Cena is not the wrestler WWE is making him out to be.