• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 teh pwn3r3r

teh pwn3r3r

Photoshop Is My DRUG!!

• Banned
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:31 AM

Ok i went to go see "The Grudge 2" yesterday and there was only like 5 or 6 REALLY scary parts and about quarter way through the movie Men started to leave. And these guys were like 20-25 :mellow: i was there for it all with my friends

#2 koberulz

koberulz

Retired. You miss me.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,464 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:01 AM

maybe they got bored?

#3 teh pwn3r3r

teh pwn3r3r

Photoshop Is My DRUG!!

• Banned
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:28 AM

The movie wasn't boring

#4 Enigma

Enigma

"Drunken F****n' Redneck" Sheriff

• Code-X Legend
  • 8,668 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Administrator

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:34 AM

When I went to watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre a few years back with my wife a load of guys left half way through too. At first I thought hey had gone to the toilet or for popcorn, but they never returned.

Seems a bit of a waste of money if your not gonna stay. Even if you hate the movie you should still sit and see the end. Bit wussy though to get scared and run off :lol:

#5 Simon

Simon

Only 4 stars due to not being Misawa

• Code-X Member
  • 3,933 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:35 AM

People have different interests, they may find something boring you don't. I don't like golf, it makes me sleepy, but some people do. So what you may like they may not. Or they could be running on a busy schedule and had to leave a quarter of the way through to do something else. Plenty of explainations about them leaving.

#6 daffy

daffy

:P!!!

• Code-X Member
  • 884 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:07 AM

it wasnt boring i have went to alot of movies where people leave halfway through the ending

#7 teh pwn3r3r

teh pwn3r3r

Photoshop Is My DRUG!!

• Banned
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:21 AM

the 4 guys said " C'mon lets leave now it's getting scary" no joke

#8 KarmaRocketX

KarmaRocketX

Makes examples by not becoming one.

• Code-X Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:32 PM

:CrossFire:, on Oct 14 2006, 12:21 PM, said:

the 4 guys said " C'mon lets leave now it's getting scary" no joke
What in gods name???

Why in the freaking hell did they go see a horror film for, then? Haha. Christ.

We live in a very wussified society, I tell ya.

Dude, I love horror films. Yes, I do watch horror films and then find myself unable to sleep comfortably, afterwards. And by that, I mean, i'll watch three in a row sometimes, on video. At night, by myself, yet.

I love it. Sure, it's a little hard to sleep and every noise bothers you when you're lying alone in bed at 2 AM in a small house that you live by yourself in after watching 3 horror films in one day, but I LOVE stuff like that. It's thrilling.

It's the whole fun of it. There is no better way to validate ones own existance then by scaring the living bejesus out of yourself with a truly frightening film. But even though it makes for a somewhat sleepless night, and a little bit of mental "look over your shoulder" feeling creeping up on you in the middle of the night, it's worth it to watch a film ALL THE WAY THOUGH, and enjoy it, and let it take you on a ride of terror.

People in today's society, in my opinion, like those wusses in the movie theater you speak of, are too gutless. We, as a society.. we are too scared to let ourselves be scared.

But man, when I watch 3 Nightmare On Elm Street videos, and then go to sleep, when i wake up the next morning, it gives you a feeling like "It's great to be alive".

Subconciously, that's what I've always believed horror films to be abotu confronting your fear and dealing with it. And, again in my opinion, anyone that walks out of a movie theater that paid to see a movie that they knew was designed to scare them, are cowards, and I think they fail at life.

That's my thoughts on the whole thing.

Edited by KarmaRocketX, 14 October 2006 - 12:34 PM.

#9 King Mickey

King Mickey

One More Time

• Banned
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:34 PM

Well I personally hate movies like the Grudge and all that...I think they're pretty stupid but...If that was the case for these guys they should not have bought a ticket anyway.

#10 KarmaRocketX

KarmaRocketX

Makes examples by not becoming one.

• Code-X Member
  • 699 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:40 PM

King|Mickey, on Oct 14 2006, 01:34 PM, said:

Well I personally hate movies like the Grudge and all that...I think they're pretty stupid but...If that was the case for these guys they should not have bought a ticket anyway.
Well, I'm not much for the new horror films, yes. But only becuase I don't think they have that true "scare" factor. I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I like my horror films to have a fair bit of camp. But I also love me some gore. But also scares. Honest scares. Just plain super freaky stuff that really taps into your primal feelings.

There are a few films that do this well, and still are kinda campy. I like the older stuff. There are classics out that there are much more horrifying than most anything done today (although I gotta say there are some good ones)

But yeah, there was a lot of good horror stuff in the 70's and 80's. I like anything that dosn't cut away from the good parts, or that dosn't try to "soften" the scare. If there's going to be gore, i reeally wanna see it. Make it visceral and sickening. If it advertises gore, give me all the gore for my dollar. If it promises psycological thrills, really mess with my head. That's what a good film should do.

There seems like too many newer films just try to give you style and no substance. All bread and no meat.

But yeah, i'm a horror film fan, and I love the result of them. It's like looking pwning fear, and there's always something immensly satasfying about that, to me.

I happen to love the classic films that always play with the notion of "What if this DID happen?". Seriously... what if there really WAS a way that you could die from a dream? Or that the dead really COULD come back and cannabalize you in large numbers? I love "What if" scenario's that feel like they could happen if you suspend your disbelief. The kind of stuff that makes you want to say "That.. that couldn't really happen right?" Well, what if it DID? haha. That's what I like.

Edited by KarmaRocketX, 14 October 2006 - 12:45 PM.

#11 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:50 PM

:CrossFire:, on Oct 14 2006, 01:21 PM, said:

the 4 guys said "C'mon lets leave now it's getting scary" no joke
man that's a waste of money i would of at least stay to see the end of the movie <_<

#12 JJJet

JJJet

Back from the dead.

• Code-X Member
  • 657 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 01:59 PM

I thought you said weird ppl... I was thinking of this guy!

Posted Image

#13 teh pwn3r3r

teh pwn3r3r

Photoshop Is My DRUG!!

• Banned
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:27 PM

I almost fell asleep at one point

#14 Stephen

Stephen

Torrie Wilson's Husband

• Banned
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:33 PM

well i guess that's show's that movie sucks....well i'm not going to pay to see a movie that sucks

#15 Socom

Socom

Michael Jackson 1958-2009 What a Legend

• Code-X Legend
  • 10,498 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:54 PM

Don't blame them i saw number one it board me to tears.