#1 glennsoe

glennsoe

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 581 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:58 AM

http://www.code-x.ws...r09.php?id=1277

It States;

This afternoon I got a couple of matches under my belt -- including a fierce Inferno Match between Chris Jericho and John Cena -- but the main event was a falls count anywhere match between Randy Orton and the Undertaker

One of the first things I noticed as I had Randy wail on the Undertaker is that the game's now differentiating between finishers and signatures. When my momentum meter was full and the Phenom was down, words popped up under Orton's HUD that said tap the button for his "Signature Move." Not "Finisher." That's new.

I hit the button, and Orton stomped all over 'taker's body. Also interesting is the fact that Randy doesn't have an RKO from the standing position -- today I had to drop the Undertaker to the ground and do a stalking RKO. A big shakeup -- in my opinion at least -- is that in addition to the Tombstone Piledriver, the Undertaker now has the gogoplata as a ground finisher. Also new -- at least for him -- was when I had had Orton pull off a chair grapple. With a full momentum meter, Randy poked 'taker in the belly, dropped the chair to the mat, and DDTed the dead man on the chair.

Oh, and if you're wondering, the Walls of Jericho looked great

Hopefully a video will be out soon of these new moves...

#2 Jericho

Jericho

The best in the world...

• Code-X Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:55 AM

Wow. Sounds awesome, to be honest, I'm not a fan of this "RKO only when your opponent is on the ground" thing. I like the standing RKO better.

#3 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:51 AM

It sounds like the one where he stalks his opponent on the ground using a wake up type maneuver. I like it, I just hope they have that one in and also the one from last year. Man I just want really want to use the Walls of Jericho, I miss that move.

#4 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:50 AM

Falls Count Anywhere match, huh? So let me guess, they probably just cloned the Hardcore match and renamed it Falls Count Anywhere, because that's all it is. It's the same damn match.

#5 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:52 AM

View PostTheRob, on Jul 17 2008, 09:50 AM, said:

Falls Count Anywhere match, huh? So let me guess, they probably just cloned the Hardcore match and renamed it Falls Count Anywhere, because that's all it is. It's the same damn match.

LMAO, but you are totally right.

#6 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:28 AM

Falls Count Anywhere, I don't think it has DQ off, you can get disqualified in Falls Count Anywhere if you use a weapon, not really sure how not to use a weapon on a FCA match on a video game since they have the small area next to the ring.

#7 ॐﮢ ҜĢ¤ וּלقۗ*

ॐﮢ ҜĢ¤ וּלقۗ*

♦ The Prince ♦

• Code-X Legend
  • 14,938 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:33 AM

It sounds like the one where he stalks his opponent on the ground using a wake up type maneuver. I like it, I just hope they have that one in and also the one from last year. Man I just want really want to use the Walls of Jericho, I miss that move
I just hope that this RKO will not have the same value That the one of this year. Like that we could Have both, us, owner of PS2 :P

#8 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:33 AM

View PostDday141, on Jul 17 2008, 09:28 AM, said:

Falls Count Anywhere, I don't think it has DQ off, you can get disqualified in Falls Count Anywhere if you use a weapon, not really sure how not to use a weapon on a FCA match on a video game since they have the small area next to the ring.
Falls Count Anywhere matches have always been No DQ, that was one of the draws of those matches.

#9 Jericho

Jericho

The best in the world...

• Code-X Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:35 AM

View PostTheRob, on Jul 17 2008, 10:50 PM, said:

I think you are exactly right. I would love to be able to fight backstage and stuff, but I highly doubt that will happen. <_<

#10 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:28 AM

Nice finds on the RKO. Pretty obvious Falls Count Anywhere is in, since it's just Hardcore like Rob said.

#11 Jeff Sparx

Jeff Sparx

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

if they were smart they would revamp the hardcore match type and give it actual tables and weapons not that dumb old chair and hammer around the ring

#12 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:58 PM

WOW more info, nice work.

#13 Soon2BeLegend

Soon2BeLegend

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Member
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

Man I just want really want to use the Walls of Jericho, I miss that move.
that move has been in the games for awhile. it was in 08. it was just renamed.

#14 The Fallen Angel

The Fallen Angel

Bite Size 3 Musketeers

• Code-X Legend
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:16 PM

View Post.MVP., on Jul 15 2008, 09:13 AM, said:

Man I just want really want to use the Walls of Jericho, I miss that move.
that move has been in the games for awhile. it was in 08. it was just renamed.

Yeah, I think it was called SS Boston Crab

#15 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

THere was a hacked version too iirc.
The Boston Crab doesnt do justice like the older one. Where the opponent is near virtical :P

#16 RIOT!

RIOT!

!!!

• Code-X Member
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

cool the gogoplata and a new RKO and a new Match!!!

#17 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:01 PM

I know that the Walls of Jericho was in the game but just renamed. I really meant to say I want to use the move AS CHRIS JERICHO, sorry I wasn't clear before.

#18 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:18 PM

the boston crab and walls of Jericho have slight differences. Alot of times Jericho puts his knee in their back and doesnt sit on them like the boston crab, although Jericho does sit on them on occasion.

#19 DoubleAgent74

DoubleAgent74

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

View PostTheRob, on Jul 17 2008, 08:33 AM, said:

Falls Count Anywhere matches have always been No DQ, that was one of the draws of those matches.

The way I see it, Falls Count Anywhere = Street Fight = Hardcore = Extreme Rules = No Holds Barred = NO DQ. There are only so many different ways to frost a cake.

#20 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:20 AM

View PostDoubleAgent74, on Jul 19 2008, 01:05 PM, said:

View PostTheRob, on Jul 17 2008, 08:33 AM, said:

The way I see it, Falls Count Anywhere = Street Fight = Hardcore = Extreme Rules = No Holds Barred = NO DQ. There are only so many different ways to frost a cake.
Yep, all the same match really, just with different names. Except I think the Street Fight match while being No DQ, for some reason, had to be finished in the ring and falls didn't count anywhere else. Which never made any sense to me since it's a "Street Fight", but whatever. But that's pretty much the only difference.

#21 DoubleAgent74

DoubleAgent74

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:12 AM

View PostTheRob, on Jul 19 2008, 12:20 PM, said:

Yep, all the same match really, just with different names. Except I think the Street Fight match while being No DQ, for some reason, had to be finished in the ring and falls didn't count anywhere else. Which never made any sense to me since it's a "Street Fight", but whatever. But that's pretty much the only difference.

Actually, that was the Extreme Rules match. Pins and submissions only counted in the ring and you could choose different weapons to pull from under the ring with the weapon wheel. It's all cosmetic.

#22 The Rob

The Rob

The People's Heel

• Code-X Member
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:29 AM

View PostDoubleAgent74, on Jul 21 2008, 10:12 AM, said:

View PostTheRob, on Jul 19 2008, 12:20 PM, said:

Actually, that was the Extreme Rules match. Pins and submissions only counted in the ring and you could choose different weapons to pull from under the ring with the weapon wheel. It's all cosmetic.
I'm talking about real life. In real life Street Fights had to end in the ring, that is the only difference between that and all the other variations of the No DQ matches.

#23 DoubleAgent74

DoubleAgent74

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

View PostTheRob, on Jul 21 2008, 11:29 AM, said:

I'm talking about real life. In real life Street Fights had to end in the ring, that is the only difference between that and all the other variations of the No DQ matches.
OK, that explains it...I was hiding from real life again. ^_^ Damn you, real life!

#24 V Death Row V

V Death Row V

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:17 AM

I'm glad to see the stalking RKO in but i think im gonna miss the standing one :(
Oh well, hopefully they are both in, but i agree the Street Fight is just a Hardcore match renamed.... :down:

#25 Jericho

Jericho

The best in the world...

• Code-X Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:13 AM

I am looking forward to see The Undertaker with the Gogoplata, and the new RKO is going to be awesome, although I hope the standing RKO is still in the game :huh: