25 replies to this topic

#1 Kason

Kason

Just kidding. But seriously.

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,424 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:43 AM

I've played MW2 online for a accumulated 4 days and so many hours.(not sure on the the exact, but i looked yesterday and it was 4 days.) Not once have i managed to get a nuke, but yesterday i came so close. I was playing on Salvage(TDM), my set up was:

Primary: ACR W/ Sliencer & FMJ
Secondary: Spas-12 W/ Grip & FMJ
-------------------
Equipment: Stemex
Special Grenade: Flashbang
-------------------
Perk 1: Bling Pro
Perk 2: Stopping Power Pro
Perk 3: Ninja Pro
Death Streak: Final Stand
-------------------
KillStreak: Harrier Strike, Chopper Gunner, Tactical Nuke

I started on the side with the 2-story house. First thing, i ran inside the house and got on the roof, only to be sniped right away. Respawned, and ran to the right side of the house, got a few kills in the doorway with the wall that has a chunk missing, ran out of ACR ammo, switched to my spas. Made my way toward the warehouse, got my harrier, it got me to 11 kills. I ran and hid then called my Chopper Gunnner. got 6-8 kills with it.(Harrier was still in the air) Harrier gone, Chopper gone. I made my way back to the wall and got 1 kill on the wall. I got into the pipe that is againest the way, saw 1 guy, went to shoot but was beat to it by a teammate and ending the game with the final kill...

I was so disappointed, i hadnt been paying attention to the score because i was finally gonna get a nuke, or so i thought. I ended up going 20-1, just 5 kills short of my goal. Im so determined to get a nuke, anyone got and tips to help me, and hat would be the best map to play on?

Edited by Kason, 02 August 2010 - 03:18 AM.

#2 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:45 AM

Play Ground War Domination, Its by far the easiest playlist to get Air Support and Nukes, Gun choices are whatever you really feel comfortable with, I would trade out Bling for Scavenger so you get decent refills of ammo. and switch semtex for claymores, you will be surprised how many people just blindly run into rooms/turn corners with no awareness.

#3 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

Yeah what Hicks said. In Ground War Domintation you can spawn trap the shit out of them with your Chopper Gunner if they only have 1 flag, because they'll spawn right near it.

Also, switch out Bling for Scavenger, and just use the ACR Silenced. You could plant Claymores in houses, like the one in Salvage. When that claymore blows up, just walk over the blue bag on the dead body and you got yourself your claymore back. :)

Also don't call in your Chopper till your Harrier is gone. Otherwise they'll share kills with eachother and you don't want to do that, you want to get as much kills as possible for your nuke.

I've never bothered to go for a nuke, but I know how to get one, lol.

#4 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

Getting the first 7 kills and the last 2-5 are the heardest parts.

For the first 7, you can go nuts and destroy the team for the harrier. As soon as you get it, you run like a rapist to the safest point on the map if you can. Any kills along the way are good. Get the harriers in and dont move a muscle, let it do the work. Get the CG and Open hells gates onto your victims. After that, SLOWLY make your last few kills. Once you get it, play like a mofo until the dying seconds and then unleash whatevr is worse than hell (since I've used it already).

Class I recommend.

ACR W/ Silencer
Model 1887 W/ Akimbo --//-- Stinger

Claymore
Personal prefernece special

Scavenger
Stopping Power
Ninja
Final Stand.

#5 +Virus

+Virus

TASTE THE RAINBOW!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,334 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

To be honest, I'm always the top player in the games I play, but I've never gotten a nuke.. My best killstreak is 26, but I didn't have the nuke unlocked back then. I've never gotten a nuke. It's kind of ironic, best player in games and haven't got a nuke.

#6 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

I've only gotten the one and that was boosting.

I was close to another, but noobs tend to go nuts with the bomb when an AC130 / Chopper Gunner is deployed >__>

#7 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

:o

You boost? :(

I've boosted for like 5 games, but it's not like I was hiding. We got 8 people to go into a Free For All and we just went to the center of the map. :P

#8 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

I did it with good friends. I used to boost like hell, but I only did the two games, 1 for the nuke and one just for the last 20 something headshots to get Fall on the MG4.

#9 EndZone

EndZone

Insert something witty or clever here.

• Code-X Member
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

Whatever you do, don't think you have to camp for a Nuke. I've gotten nearly twenty Nukes, and not a single one of them has come from camping. Keep a low profile. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Take things slow. Play Domination and try to do some spawn-trapping. Use silenced weapons. Cold Blooded and Ninja help, too.

#10 Kason

Kason

Just kidding. But seriously.

• Code-X Legend
  • 7,424 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:27 AM

View PostEndZone, on 02 August 2010 - 02:34 PM, said:

Whatever you do, don't think you have to camp for a Nuke. I've gotten nearly twenty Nukes, and not a single one of them has come from camping. Keep a low profile. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Take things slow. Play Domination and try to do some spawn-trapping. Use silenced weapons. Cold Blooded and Ninja help, too.

I didnt camp. I looked every corner, and knew where the enemy was at most times.

Edited by Kason, 03 August 2010 - 12:08 PM.

#11 Ollie The Magic Bum

Ollie The Magic Bum

BALL DON'T LIE!

• Code-X Member
  • 4,091 posts
  • Gallery:View

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:10 AM

I got one using a Mini Uzi and a Javelin. I started the game killing like 4 dudes with the Javelin heading to a capture point on Wasteland. Such a fun class to use.

#12 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

I usually never get kills with Javelin. :( Everytime I try, it detects someone and shoots but never kills anyone. And if it does, it only kills 1 person, lol. No doubles, triples, or multis for me with the Javelin.

#13 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:00 AM

Dont know how to break this to you.
The javelin is enviroment / vechile lock on only. What you where aiming at was the enviroment, not a person.

#14 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

Well, I guess no one was located in that environment then. :P

#15 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:20 AM

When using the Javelin, you have to take as few things into account, Where the spawns are and you have to guess where the enemy team is going to be, Its easy to just lock onto something and fire it, But where the skill is anticipating where the enemy/s will be. The best maps to use it are more open ones like Wasteland/Overgrown/Afghan.

#16 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:14 AM

Derail has a few points to get some kills too.

Here's something that may or may not take your intrest.

If you wanted to swap the first two killstreaks with their other counterparts, you defiantly need a stinger.

But if not, you can always call in your Harrier to take out the helicopter enemy killstreaks.

#17 EndZone

EndZone

Insert something witty or clever here.

• Code-X Member
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

Yeah, I also suck with the Javelin. :P

#18 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

I've had 12 nukes, and i found this to be the best set-up. Use what ever gun you want to start with, add whatever attachment and second, third perks you wish but you must use One Man Army. You start with the hardest task, gaining a 7 killstreak. Now got to a spo nearby to hide, preferablly one out of sight and one that people don't go to. Once that is complete, switch to a class with Danger Close Pro and Claymores. It has to be pro for it to be effective. Call in your harrier, now plant claymores around a little hidden area, preferablly with two entrances, a claymore for each one. If your harrier does the job and gets 4 people, wait until it is finished, and then pull out teh chopper gunenr after about 10 seconds. Reason for this is because people may of had Stingers out, and chances are once the harrier is gone they will switch back to a non-stinger class. Now, unleash hell with the chopper gunner. IF you are playing domination, you want them to have one flag in an open area with no nearby cover. A great example of this is B on Rundown. You should be able to spawn kill them and get your nuke. If not, either do it the honourable way with your gun to mop up the remaining kills, or do it easy with Grenade Launchers.

#19 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

I have OMA and Danger Close PRO because umm... I noobtube'd all the fuckers that pissed me off in Ground War and now I like the game again. :)

It's a smart tactic though, using OMA for unlimited tubes and Danger Close for more damage. The PRO will just make your killstreaks do work on the enemies too.

If you don't like shit that's happening to you in the game, then use it.

Most of my matches I'll take out an Intervention or TAR21 Silenced and play a normal game. But if I get commandoed? I switch to my ONLYUSEmeBLADE class. Noobtube'd? OMADANGERCLOSETUBES. MLG PRO Try-hard killed? Pull out my super MLG PRO class with FAMAS RDS with SoH, SP, and Ninja PRO and take everyone down with one burst.

#20 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

View PostTheRisingShadow, on 05 August 2010 - 09:42 PM, said:

But if I get commandoed? I switch to my ONLYUSEmeBLADE class. Noobtube'd? OMADANGERCLOSETUBES. MLG PRO Try-hard killed? Pull out my super MLG PRO class with FAMAS RDS with SoH, SP, and Ninja PRO and take everyone down with one burst.
You sound like a huge fanboy here.

#21 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

Fanboy of who?

#22 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

View PostTheRisingShadow, on 08 August 2010 - 03:30 PM, said:

Fanboy of who?
The general annoying kids that roam the MW2 servers.

#23 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:01 PM

So I'm a huge fan of annoying kids on MW2? Yeah, I surrre am. <_<

And you're a SUPER L33T! kid who's so PRO.

#24 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

View PostTheRisingShadow, on 09 August 2010 - 12:01 PM, said:

And you're a SUPER L33T! kid who's so PRO.
Point in case.

#25 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:37 PM

You're not making any sense.

But whatever, this is my last off topic post in this thread.