#1 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:34 AM

Alicia Keys is taking a political turn, as she explains in a recent interview with Blender magazine that gangsta rap "was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."

The singer also allegedly has also been reading several Black Panther autobiographies, and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead."

In the interview, which hits newsstands on Tuesday (April 15), Keys also explains that the deaths of Tupac and The Notorious B.I.G. were the result of the government's actions. The Grammy Award-winner believes that East coast/West coast feud was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."

The singer, who now intends to write more political songs.now intends to write more political songs, also noted that if black leaders of the past "had the outlets our musicians have today, it'd be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself."

#2 LoЯeИzǿ

LoЯeИzǿ

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:49 AM

lmfao.
I think she's smoking too much weed.

#3 *RatedRKO

*RatedRKO

Tommy is the bomb

• Banned
  • 892 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:01 PM

View PostLoЯeИzǿ, on Apr 14 2008, 12:49 PM, said:

lmfao.
I think she's smoking too much weed.

What she said is really that far sketched.

#4 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts
  • Twitter:Follow Me

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:55 PM

Come on! Don't people know the government is done with trying to hurt black people? That was back in the sixties when they did that crap. I really wish we didn't have freedom of speech sometimes just so I did have to hear this ******* crap everyday.

Why the hell is re-tarded censored? Who is that offensive to?

Edited by Grizzory, 14 April 2008 - 01:56 PM.

#5 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

Well some of it is true. For example "East coast/West coast feud was fueled "by the government and the media"". That east coast west coast view was blown out of proportion by the media, not the government though.

#6 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

Yeah I know some of it is true, but for the most part its people just OMG! Teh govermint iz aft3r black peeples!!1

#7 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:15 PM

Alicia Keys better not Lauren (sp?) Hill herself...

#8 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Legend

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

View PostGrizzory, on Apr 14 2008, 03:55 PM, said:

Come on! Don't people know the government is done with trying to hurt black people?

When Ghettos are gone you can say that. They ain't gone yet.

#9 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

How does bad parts of town have to do with the government trying to hold black people down?

(Kinda a late response, I just noticed)

#10 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

Lol @ government oppression through ghettos.

#11 Rabbit

Rabbit

Dream like you live forever, Live like you die tomorrow!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:10 PM

how is it the goverments fault that ghetto areas dont have money?

its not like they go to there house and tell them not to get a well paying job and to stay there for the rest of there lifes,

if you work hard at getting a job, you will get one.

#12 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:54 PM

It's not coincidence that all the minorities live in the ghettos, as it's not a coincidence that a gun and liquor store is on every corner, that a lot of what went on there wasn't reported until hip-hop came about and yelled it in white america's ear.

I also believe what many call a conspiracy theory, that Reagen brought crack to the ghettos in order to systematically kill them off. I won't get into that though.

#13 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

Well Ghetto areas or poorer areas can be a result of cheaper housing and recently a area like this was flatened to make room for a shopping center

Edited by Alan93, 17 April 2008 - 04:59 PM.

#14 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

And the government knows good and well a majority of the minorities they shunned away can't afford anything better. They want them there.

#15 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

View PostFate L, on Apr 17 2008, 05:54 PM, said:

It's not coincidence that all the minorities live in the ghettos, as it's not a coincidence that a gun and liquor store is on every corner, that a lot of what went on there wasn't reported until hip-hop came about and yelled it in white america's ear.

I also believe what many call a conspiracy theory, that Reagen brought crack to the ghettos in order to systematically kill them off. I won't get into that though.
Or maybe people in the ghetto like guns and liquor? Nah thats not possible, its the government for sure. If they would quit buying guns and liquor they would quit selling guns and liquor, its simply supply and demand.

Edited by Grizzory, 17 April 2008 - 05:09 PM.

#16 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:16 PM

You act like the government has never taken a mass of individuals, put them in a certain place and gave them a predetermined list of options. It's exactly what they did when the slaves came to America, they took them, put them in everyones farms and they had that one option for there whole life. They took Japanese Americans and held them in camps in 1942. It's not totally outrageous to say they did the same to black people in the 70's and 80's. Black people didn't choose to live there and do what they do. Why do you think Hip-Hop exists? And why do you think there are SOO many rappers. Once NWA told everyone what was going on in Compton, everyone saw them leave the hoods and said "**** that, I'm gonna do that and get the **** out of here". Nowadays it's more commercial and greed oriented, people who are faking that, but back in 1986 to 1995?

Maybe the drug thing is too far fetched, but that's something I believe, if you don't want to ok, I won't shove it down your throat. But the government practically set up the hood, put minorities there with guns, liquour, imported crack and heroin and put that shit in there too. This is infact why Hip-Hop exists. The South Bronx was a mess because of government incompetence, and it's no wonder why Hip-Hop was born there in the same exact time this started.

Either You Sling That Crack Rock, Or Gotta Wicked Jump Shot ~ Biggie.

#17 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

You forgot about the Indians. ;)

I can understand they can do it, have done it, I'm just saying they aren't anymore. Maybe big corporations are but I find it too hard to believe that every liquor or gun store in a bad part of town was put there to hurt a certain race. Its just ridiculous to me.

I think its choice to stay in a bad part of town because now days anybody that has a high school diploma or GED can be very successful. Some people do, I give them their credit too. But the people who stay there because somebody influenced them into liking it is ignorant.

#18 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:32 PM

I never said they we're influenced into liking it. Not at all.

I would say it's likely that it's not AS BAD anymore. But who are we to say that for sure? What you see in the media was selected information, then Rodney King happened, then we pretended to solve it and it's not in the news anymore. Does that mean it stopped? Hell no.

#19 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, I agree the media is evil. To put it simply. Although my grandpa was a cop/deputy for ten year and not once did he ever do it or heard it done and thats down here in the south. But I guess that doesn't count for anyone now days or in other cities.

BTW, cops aren't bad people. The media and rap helps say they are but they are wrong. I possibly might made a topic on this.

#20 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:30 PM

Guns and liquor stores are in those areas for a reason. Big business helps prey on the fear of violence in those areas and puts their shops there to give them "protection." Not to mention kids are flocking to get a gun because their favorite rapper told them they had one. Same for liquor. Mass media and marketing has made it seem cool and acceptable to drink achohol, and teens are eating it with a giant spoon.

Honestly, if anyone were trying to keep minorities in "ghettos", it to me would be corporations.

#21 *RatedRKO

*RatedRKO

Tommy is the bomb

• Banned
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:46 PM

View PostGrizzory, on Apr 17 2008, 06:40 PM, said:

Yeah, I agree the media is evil. To put it simply. Although my grandpa was a cop/deputy for ten year and not once did he ever do it or heard it done and thats down here in the south. But I guess that doesn't count for anyone now days or in other cities.

BTW, cops aren't bad people. The media and rap helps say they are but they are wrong. I possibly might made a topic on this.

Thats not true, Im not saying all cops are crooked but some are. But i know two crooked cops in my neighborhood and i strongly dislike them.

#22 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:20 PM

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on Apr 17 2008, 09:30 PM, said:

on.

Honestly, if anyone were trying to keep minorities in "ghettos", it to me would be corporations.

You act like corporations and government aren't one in the same.

#23 Grizz

Grizz

[Classified Information]

• Code-X Member
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:42 PM

There isn't any connections with liquor and the government, that I know of. I know there is with guns but who doesn't like guns really? I know I love em.

#24 Makaveli

Makaveli

Disposable Member

• Code-X Legend
  • 17,657 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:20 PM

Wow.

#25 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

View PostFate L, on Apr 17 2008, 11:20 PM, said:

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on Apr 17 2008, 09:30 PM, said:

on.

You act like corporations and government aren't one in the same.

Yeah, it capitalism, our government is run as long as we buy things.