• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

just trying some oil paint/blending. this is not a finnished sig im just looking for some opinions and advice on how to make it look better

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Alan93, 25 March 2008 - 10:03 AM.

#2 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:20 PM

First one, It doesnt look as blurry as the second, Not to keen on the motion blur you have ad the background. The colours could use some tweaking though, Not bad overall maybe post when you have finished it so i could give a full opinion.

#3 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:04 AM

Th 3rd one is my finshed but its hard since there isint a lot of tuts for paint.net that i could relate to this and there is no custom bushes i could load

#4 O-Yama³

O-Yama³

I'm Gay

• Banned
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:41 PM

I cant see much difference from the 1st and the 3rd and the 2nd one with the oil paint effect is not good at all, background is very empty.

View PostAlan93, on Mar 25 2008, 04:04 PM, said:

its hard since there isint a lot of tuts for paint.net that i could relate to this and there is no custom bushes i could load
I completely understand as I use it too but of late I am using Gimp as you can download custom gimp brushes, you are very limited as to what you can achieve with free software like paint.Net but I must say that Gimp is far better if you want a free photo editing software and there are actually far more TUTs and I have been able to create my best sig yet with Gimp so I don't think I'll be using paint again.

#5 Alan93

Alan93

Cole World

• Code-X Member
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:29 PM

think ill download gimp, looks a lot more usefull that paint.net

#6 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:39 PM

Yea GIMP Is basically the next step up, Then after that is Photoshop, Never used GIMP myself but some people here use it and manage to make good things with it.

#7 SPAS71C

SPAS71C

spasm

• Code-X Member
  • 971 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:22 AM

like me... :?

but beware gimp is very very complex

Edited by D R E A M, 26 March 2008 - 02:23 AM.