• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Spleenishly-Green

Spleenishly-Green

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:30 AM

Okay, first off, I would just like to say that part of me feels that this game gets more credit than deserved. Yes, it "FINALLY" (After years of waiting for such) gave us a submission system to work with. Although, I don't like button mashing, it was better than putting on a submission and holding your grip for no longer than two seconds, involuntarily after applying it with the touch of one button. Number two, we work with a grappling system that opens up a larger scale for the density of movesets. Great. However, still, at the time, the aptly removed ("AND", unnecessarily, I might add.) "Create-a-Pay-Per-View Mode" was absent and had been since ""WWF Smackdown: Just Bring It", along with it's great rating system (Which was a nice little touch to everything.). The ability to even defend the belts on exhibition was scrapped.

The "I Quit Match" was gone (Although, minor to some and was, actually one of those smaller problems, but a problem, nonetheless.). Modes like "Time Limit Title Match" for the "Harcore Championhip" and "TLC Title Matches" (Along with the original counterpart, the "Ladder" match.) looked nullified and useless as no titles "TRULY" got to change hands, unless one was playing the quite repetitive and overrated season. All of these things were scrapped for the likes of features like "Create-An-Appearance", (Which was "NEVER" truly used by me and was seen as a waste of space by "A LOT OF PEOPLE"!!!).

"Create-a-Superstar/Wrestler" mode was pretty good, except for the fact that you could "STILL" tell the difference between the superstars" and the created wrestlers "AND" the hair choices were of the "WORST". Ugh.....anyway, as atrocious as the variety of hairstyles were, the presence of textures of clothing and better tights/underwear is sorely missed from this installment of "The Smackdown Series" of games that have subsequently been released. The roster is acclaimed as the absolute best. No argument. The season mode is acclaimed as the absolute best in the series. I call "BULLSHIT!", here.

A bit much overrated, I'd say. The choices of things that one could do were actually moreso limited than the previous game in the series, "WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth". It actually pains me to see that "HCTP" gets the better love of the two. My personal favorite season mode was of the second installment in the series from the "PSOne", "WWF Smackdown: Know Your Role". But, I said "PERSONAL". The second one to my liking was "WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth". But, "HCTP" would come third in the list of best season modes. The rest pretty much blew chunks, as far a I am concerned.

But, enough about my opinion. Let's discuss everyone else's. Begin......

#2 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:27 AM

HCTP was a great game. I thought SYM had the better roster but they were both really good. HCTP finally gave us some blood. The grappling system started here and got better. We got the EC. The season mode was really good. It lasted the 12 months. This game is praised by me and many other people because it is a good game, and i still play it to this day. This game had diff attires for some superstars. CAW mode was all right. I dont think this game got more credit then it deserved. it is one of my fav games. One of the best smackdown games to.

Edited by sharpshooter93, 16 September 2007 - 11:27 AM.

#3 Spleenishly-Green

Spleenishly-Green

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:24 PM

View Postsharpshooter93, on Sep 16 2007, 11:27 AM, said:

HCTP was a great game. I thought SYM had the better roster but they were both really good. HCTP finally gave us some blood. The grappling system started here and got better. We got the EC. The season mode was really good. It lasted the 12 months. This game is praised by me and many other people because it is a good game, and i still play it to this day. This game had diff attires for some superstars. CAW mode was all right. I dont think this game got more credit then it deserved. it is one of my fav games. One of the best smackdown games to.
I get what you're saying. But, like, for me, not having that "Defend Titles in Exhibition Mode" and/or even "Create-a-Pay-Per-View Mode" kind of messed up the replay value for me. But, that was the same thing that had ruined its previous two predecessors in "The Smackdown Series" of video games, for me. I forgot "Blood", too. Oh, and the only truly "Good" version of the "Elimination Chamber", due to the "A.I." of the game, constantly dumbing down the following years. Okay, well, with that said, maybe the positives do outweight the negatives. But, I still say that there have been better season modes. Like I said, My personal all-time favorite in the series is "WWF Smackdown: Know Your Role", the second favorite is "WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth", and the third is "WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain" (Season Modes, that is. As my third favorite, overall is "WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006".).

Edited by Spleenishly-Green, 16 September 2007 - 12:34 PM.

#4 Sharpshooter93

Sharpshooter93

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Code-X Member
  • 9,318 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:31 PM

SYM was my fav season.

#5 Spleenishly-Green

Spleenishly-Green

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:38 PM

View Postsharpshooter93, on Sep 16 2007, 12:31 PM, said:

SYM was my fav season.
Yeah, I think that it probably has a lot to do with the actual era and/or year that the game is surrounded by, when it is actually released. Like, for me, 2002 was "MOST DEFINITELY" a better year than 2003, and so on and so forth. As a matter of fact, it seems like the "WWE" gets worse, every year, and has been continuing to ever since "The Invasion Angle" had ended. But, anyway, I think that, because the "WWE" was best during its climactic stage of "The Attitude Era", that's what makes "WWF Smackdown: Know Your Role" my absolute favorite in the series. Even though, it's a stand-alone greatly exceptional effort, in it's own right. ^_^

#6 abys

abys

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:44 AM

Here comes the pain was a step back in my minds. Lousier create a wrestler,lousier season mode, less alternate attires, Superstars don't have mutiple titantrons, Don't like the the controls as much.
I prefer the controls on shut your mouth. Although the areas are smaller Shut your mouth has a much bigger selection of backstage areas. Their is many more types of areas in shut your mouth.
Season mode was much longer in shut your mouth.

#7 Spleenishly-Green

Spleenishly-Green

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:11 AM

View Postabys, on Sep 17 2007, 04:44 AM, said:

Here comes the pain was a step back in my minds. Lousier create a wrestler,lousier season mode, less alternate attires, Superstars don't have mutiple titantrons, Don't like the the controls as much.
I prefer the controls on shut your mouth. Although the areas are smaller Shut your mouth has a much bigger selection of backstage areas. Their is many more types of areas in shut your mouth.
Season mode was much longer in shut your mouth.
That's what I was saying. I totally agree.