WWE Universe - RAW, ECW, & SmackDown!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Convenience vs Longevity

What form should I release my product for download?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dttm667

dttm667

The end result is always your money in my tray. 7, 14, 21.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:49 AM

Now I've been gone for quite some time, some of you may remember my time as a code converter and a mod of the code sections.....since taking my hiatus from my career in music I have had less time to be online, no computer is a huge roadblock. Thanks to my g1 cell phone I can return.

And I have, with a new project. Since upgrading to a nexgen system, code-x didn't offer me the same excitement of hacking one of my favorite yearly releases. And have had to deal with less than stellar programming of the 2007/2009 titles. I enjoyed them, but without modifiactions, and the loss of gm mode (that never met its full potential) it wasn't long before my copy of svr started to collect dust. But this year is different.

I've been a wrestling fan for at least 22 years, through the up's and downs of the industry....there has been periods of time in which the booking and the writing has been stale. A prime example is in the mid 90's. WWE was catering their product to children, and WCW was attempting to capitalize on the talent they had aquired from the WWE in bad booking situations. ECW is where I found solace, then the attitude era, and the nwo gave us a product in which anything could happen, at any time......with an edge. It made wrestling bearable to watch again. Then after the collapse of WCW and ECW, WWE in losing their competition had to find a way to keep things fresh, and for about 5 or 6 years they succeded, to an extent.

Todays product is hard to stomach, I watch the ppv's primarily the talent is good....but the writing is stale once again.

This is where the story designer really appealed to me, finally I can create a product that I would enjoy watching, or better yet playing. Trouble is, I'm not satisfied with one story. I am going to tackle all three brands for an entire years worth of programming, maybe more.

But before I continue any further with my work, I would like some feedback from you, the player..and sice code-x has a massive base of wrestling fans, this place seems to be the best place to showcase the downloadable content. Plus I miss this place, and the fun I had providing a service to this site, and the community within.

My access to internet outside of mobile networks is limited, and just the sheer size of this project has forced me to consider doing this storyline/s in chapters. No bother, but you guys are already out there downloading caws, highlight reels, and stories. And its you guys ultimately that will see, download, and play this more than I. So I need to constantly keep in mind what you my tentative "audience" wants.

This will not be a "half-assed" effort. Every show will have intro's promo's action, matches, and the drama you would expect from the WWE, I'm not shooting for 2 and 3 hour programs.....but I am going to have enough content to build rivalries, stories, and situations that build for the ppv's. I'm taking a booker's approach. If I include content that will require another download it will be noted in the list of downloads I will list here at code-x.

So with that being said........

My first question I have, just for the sake of convinience of shorter downloads vs longevity of play between downloads. Which approach should I take?

*****************UPDATE NOV 6TH 2009*****************

WWE Universe week 1 / pilot episode is now available.

It seems I've run into a censorship issue.....as soon as the bugs are worked out it will be updated.
Censorship bugs have been worked out. All dialogue should be fixed now.

Keywords to search for are:

dttm667
WWE Universe
Week 1

Enjoy........a teaser for episode 1 can be found at the bottom of my next post.

*****************UPDATE NOV 16TH 2009***********************

Thanks for the good feedback on the pilot. The series is now taking shape, 3 weeks of content is available on xbox live! New GM's are in place, rivalries are taking shape, and week 4 is comming within the next week along with WWE Backlash! Which in and of itself will have 9 to 10 matches on the card. Finally a pay per view with more action! Something that hasn't been seens since the attitude era.

Also in the next month major announcement's on all 3 brands related to the WWE Draft, and the rumors of ECW getting a 2 hour time slot.

Downloadable content is being made available 1 to 2 times a week. And this series is going to be made available in weekly segments.

Be sure to search the keywords

Dttm667
WWE Universe
Week X (x in relation to the week you are looking for)

Weeks 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48, and 52.....will contain Pay Per Views at the end of the week.
The keywords for these files will replace dttm667 with the corresponding Pay Per View.

So for the weeks mentioned above the keywords will be

WWE Universe
Week X (x in relation to the week you are looking for)
Backlash (or whatever Pay Per View is appropriate for the week ie: 4 = Backlash, and 52 = WrestleMania)

Unfortunately I don't think the downloads are universal for 360/ps3......so I'm afraid my uploaded story/s will be xbox360 exclusive.

Edited by dttm667, 16 November 2009 - 02:32 AM.

#2 H K

H K

Code X Join Date: Jul 7, 2004

• Code-X Legend
  • 9,209 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Gallery:View

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:22 AM

I could go for a good replacement for the shows,all 3(4 for PPVs) at once sounds good.

#3 dttm667

dttm667

The end result is always your money in my tray. 7, 14, 21.

• Code-X Member
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:42 AM

:lol: indeed. I know I'm not the only one who can't be bothered to watch, (and for some reason I'm buying front row seats to raw in january) people keep me updated on current events, but its so damn predictable, and in some cases down I have to disagree with a lot of the deicisions being made that just seem like bad buisness, the talent wwe has today speaks for itself, but the booking makes me scratch my head. I've watched, studied, and re-watch classic wrestling my whole life, hell as a kid dreamed of working in the industry.....I never reached a height in which I felt was suitable and gave up to put my efforts into the other thing I loved music. But have always kept a keen interest in the wrestling industry, and the artform itself, along with the buisness side of it.......keeps my interest cause the writing is sh** :lol:

Granted I am unfamiliar with the gimmicks and characters behind some of the newer talent. Dolf? Ezekiel who? From the booking perspective ill just have to use my creativity to use those talents. I'm going to use some of the currently wokring gimmicks/characters/stables/ and situations as a starting point for me to branch out, and create my own alternate WWE Universe.

So feedback is very important to me, this is a massive project.

Alright I've put together as you suggested a week long episode. And honestly, it's pretty large, I'm satisfied with it as a pilot.....but I'm not going to start uploading the weekly series, if the files are too large. Alright the pilot episode, week 1, all 3 shows Raw, ECW, and SmackDown. Is a total of 45 scenes, and 15 matches....not equally proportioned due to ECW having a shorter run time ;)

WWE Universe Pilot #1
As a teaser it's the week after WrestleMania 25, changes are being made....GM's eliminated, new GM's on the horizon....when the cat is away the mice will play. What will happen on Raw with a new WWE Champion in HHH. Chaos breaks out on ECW. And A SmackDown so out of control, that smackdown superstars will wish the rest of the WWE didn't piss off the boss....

Edited by dttm667, 04 November 2009 - 04:10 AM.

#4 Simply RKO

Simply RKO

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:20 AM

So I played the Pilot Episode, and had a blast, looking forward to downloading week two. Keep up the good work maine.

#5 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 06:55 AM

View PostSimply RKO, on Feb 3 2010, 12:20 PM, said:

So I played the Pilot Episode, and had a blast, looking forward to downloading week two. Keep up the good work maine.
I agree as i also enjoyed playing the pilot. I too look forward to playing the other episodes

#6 Simply RKO

Simply RKO

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

View Postundertaker ba, on Feb 6 2010, 07:55 AM, said:

View PostSimply RKO, on Feb 3 2010, 12:20 PM, said:

I agree as i also enjoyed playing the pilot. I too look forward to playing the other episodes

So to update, Ive played most through week 3 and I have no idea what to expect on the Smackdown story for that week, I'm hoping this continues past Backlash, and I wanna give credit to dttm667 for giving me motivation and actual ideas on how to cut promos and scenes, I have started my own road but it's raw's road to mania, I just finished No Way Out, but I'm taking a short Hiatus from the creating. but thank you for ideas.