24 replies to this topic

#1 +Virus

+Virus

TASTE THE RAINBOW!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,334 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

Played it a little today... Its amazing.. weapons behave perfect and the sounds are so realistic its pretty dang fun too.. you find yourself a nice little combo and you will kick a**.. graphics are a bit weird to me when I first started the game, but you get used to it.. its extremely fast paced as well..

#2 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

Like a cat.. without a care..

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

Um, so how does a fellow like me get into this beta? Do I have to buy anything or?

#3 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:49 AM

Didn't know the demo was out. So I too would like to know how can I get into this thing?

#4 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:28 AM

The Beta opened yesterday to Medal of Honor: Limited Edition owners and players who have pre-ordered via Origin. On the 29th (tomorrow) it will be open to everyone on the Xbox the download is about 1.30gb PC is close to 4gb and not sure on the PS3 as I don't have that info.

It will run untill October 10th, So enough time to unlock a lot and play the objective.

It plays very smoothly, the controls are great and looks amazing on Console.

#5 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

Nice, thanks for the info, Hicks. ^_^

#6 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:41 AM

Played a few games, and yea, it took me some getting used to, but that was expected as I'm a Halo junkie and haven't ever played any other Battlefield games. At first the only kills I could get were on people that seemed to have had even less idea what they were doing than me lol. It's fun though nonetheless and I'm quickly getting the hang of it. Definitely going to be picking this game up sometime. Just kinda wish there would have been maybe one more map/gametype to choose from.

#7 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:01 PM

Coming from a guy that never ever played a fps in his life, its a pretty damn fun game, even though every 20 seconds I end up dying. What I'm really trying to figure out is how in the world as you supposed to see the enemies? They just pop up as a little dot on the map that I can barely see. Add that in with the dark ass subways in which everything is just black and I can't tell if I'm running on the track, or just stuck in a corner, then I'm obviously going to suck. Although today I was on a really good team, so I managed to get more kills than deaths. Though that's not saying much when my kills are pitiful 4 and 5's

#8 TheRisingShadow

TheRisingShadow

wut

• Code-X Member
  • 7,247 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:35 PM

It came out for the PS3 today, I'm currently downloading it. :D

@Dday: I have never played Battlefeild but press start maybe there is an option to turn the brightness up? And yeah when you're new to FPS games it's hard, but you'll get used to it. I remember my first ever online match on MW2, I went 1-20. It was terrible... it was so bad I got excited when I went neutral lol. But yeah just keep playing and you'll get better at it.

#9 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:49 AM

Heres some general tips.

• Drop Ammo (if support class) whenever a couple teammates are around.
  • Drop Medkits (if assualt) it helps out everyone.
  • Play the objective, You will get easy points.
  • Blind firing an enemy suppresses them their screen goes blurry and moment is limited.
  • When seeing a enemy press select to spot them incase you miss out on the kill or is to far away.
  • When sniping stay away from the main battle, Spot the hell out of everything and take shots when you know you can kill them.
  • Revive. revive. revive. But don't revive if there's a ton of enemy's around because you will get yourself and maybe other teammates killed.
  • Bi-pods are brilliant at suppressing enemy's once deployed.
  • Press up on the D-Pad to change firing mode from full auto to semi or single shot, Do this if you have bad aim and to save on ammo if you don't have a ammo box near you.
  • Turn off Flashlights and Laser sights when running toward your own team, You can blind them and being blinded by own team is never fun.

It does take a while to get used to compared to other shooters, Most things you will learn just by playing the game.

#10 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:41 AM

Those are great tips, but I don't know the buttons for those (reviving, dropping medkits, turning flashlights on/off). It took me a few minutes just to get the run, jump, aim, shoot down. I'm still just practicing those.

EDIT: I wanna fly in the god damn jets already. I wanna kamikaze into the objectives like a silly ass mofo.

Edited by Dday141, 01 October 2011 - 07:42 AM.

#11 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

Med Kits and Ammo are Left D-pad (all from memory it may be right D-pad) and Defib, Radio beacon and Repair kit are the other D-pad button left or right.

Turning off lights is Down D-pad, And to turn them on is the same button.

No Caspian border unfortunately, It was on the PC version for a couple of days for internal testing but no longer up, and wasn't included in the console client download. I wanted to play that map so bad because that is a true Battlefield map.

I'm basing this off of the 360 controls it may be slightly different on PS3, Just tap buttons untill you get what you want :P

#12 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

Well I still can't get the flashlight to work, but I heard that your supposed to unlock it first. I have gotten better, getting more kills and dying less frequently and stuff. Since I love the beta so much, I just preorderd it off Amazon. (I also preordered Uncharted 3 and Sonic Generations) Not sure if I'm going to be playing the beta that much anymore since the stats you get on the beta aren't going to count when the game releases. So I gotta upgrade all my guns all over again. *sad face* I love the gun with bullets on the icon when your on the attacking side. (Don't know the names of all these guns)

#13 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:42 AM

You will get it eventually, Its best used in the subway. Their still tweaking the unlock for the full game and the leveling up system it may be slightly different when the full games comes out. I think you should play it more get used to how the game plays and learn more about the game. not tom sure which gun your talking about as there are quite a few guns.

Yesterday I unlocked Infra Red scope on my M416, Its so easy to rack up kills with the scope everyone glows orange its super easy to identify them and gun them down. Maybe it may be a little OP.

#14 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:50 AM

You know how there are 4 little icon stat thingys? One has the medical sign, another has a wrench, another has bullets and the last has the marksman scope thing. I use the one with bullets on the icon when I'm attacking the objective. That's the gun I just fucking love the most, mostly because of the laser attached to it. (Once again, don't know all these guns names, mostly because I can't read the text on my fucking screen. It's so damn tiny.)

But an Infra Red Scope? My god that sounds amazing. But I don't think I can even find the time to play the beta that much anymore. School and work is taking up most of my time during the weekdays, so fun time because really limited.

#15 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:19 AM

Ah, Your talking about the support class and the gun you may be talking about is the M27 IAR, providing you haven't changed your class too much, The attachment is the laser sight, Gives you a little extra precision and increased accuracy when hip firing.

The IR scope is decent but as I said it may be a little overpowered as enemies are easy to see from a distance.

#16 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

Last question. What gun or "support class" do you need to upgrade to get the IR? Or is it available on all classes?

#17 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:19 AM

Available on all guns I believe, Much like the other attachments you have to get a certain amount of kills before unlocking it, I cant remember the exact amount though.

#18 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

lmao, holy shit, look what I just found.

#19 MC Coemgen

MC Coemgen

The Official Un-Official Code-X Legend

• Code-X Member
  • 14,431 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:37 PM

View PostCorporal Hicks, on 03 October 2011 - 05:19 AM, said:

The IR scope is decent but as I said it may be a little overpowered as enemies are easy to see from a distance.

Forgive me for asking, but why is that bad? Isn't it good to spot enemies easily from a distance?

One of the small things this game has that I like is the ability to run and jump over objects at the same time.

#20 Jittery Blanket

Jittery Blanket

• Code-X Member
  • 10,090 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

It's not bad for the user, but for everyone else who has yet to unlock it. It would suck if a guy that has it can see much better than you. Plus, we really don't need a weapon that makes anything too easy, kinda takes skill out of things. This is kinda my only problem with games where you have to unlock/upgrade weapons rather than find them laying around on the map, it gives people an advantage from the start of the game just because they've played more/rank higher. At least if you have to find the weapon on the map it's fair as everyone has the ability from the start to go after it. Only gripe really, the game is fun and all that, but I definitely prefer the more even playing field that Halo has where everyone starts with the same weapons and has to find other weapons on the map. But I understand that a system like that probably wouldn't work in this game though.

Atleast the game tries to match people up with similar ranks and all that though (I think), so noobs getting matched with high ranks shouldn't be much of a problem unless they're in a party with high ranks or something.

#21 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:28 AM

If the attachment is used how its meant to be used it wouldn't be a problem, But that never works out one of the main reasons to use the IR is so you have better visibility in the dark and targets are bright orange, It can be used outside but its not as effective due to the light, But currently its still very effective outside. With that said though it is very effective in any situation to spot enemy's at close to medium range. All that dice needs to do is maybe make it a little less effective outside expectationally if its sunny and bright outside like it is on Op Metro.

Matchmaking can be alright sometimes, I have been put into game with Level 38 players and even level 50s, But they could have easily have gotten to that level by putting med kits down giving out ammo and reviving people. One match I did terrible kill/death wise but I had the most points because I was a team player by reviving team mates and putting med kits everywhere.

#22 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:17 AM

I see on the PC version, you can customize your weapons on the menu. I've been trying to figure out how to find this customize menu on the PS3. Are they available only on the PC? If so, will they be available on console on retail release? Because all these unlocks I'm getting are basically useless if I can't even customize my weapon with them.

#23 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:48 AM

You can only change things during a game, On retail release there will be a option to change your kits outside the game, If you see the "my solider" menu on the main menu that will be the place to change things when the retail game is released aswell as during a game.

When you die or begin a game there should be a customise kits menu before selecting your kit and from there you can change your guns/scopes and other attachments. It may be square or circle to access this menu.

#24 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

^Thanks Hicks. Turns out it was the square button. I kept pressing circle thinking the screen was saying Circle for Customization. Now I was finally able to attach the flashlight on my upgraded guns. I also got enough kills for the IR. Can't say it's really that great though, really hurts my eyes and I just prefer the 4xs zoom for now. Most annoying part is when I see them but my bullets hits one of the objects creating smoke, in which the smoke completely covers him and I cant see him.

#25 Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Insert something here

• Code-X Legend
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:36 AM

No problem dude, Just helping out to make sure you do good in the retail release. Yea The IR can be hit or miss, I only use it during the 2nd and 3rd phases as its easier to see enemies in the darker areas. Smoke can be annoying a little but it adds more to the atmosphere of the game. I cant wait for smoke grenades and underslung smoke grenades, A tactic I used in Bad Company 2 was that I would fire smoke at the objectives giving my team cover so they could go in for the plant which was good.

The beta ends today...Leaving me with 18 days without battlefield 3 (damn Europe release being on the 28th), The beta has spoiled me I cant go back to other games anymore.

Want more gamplay of different maps I have you sorted out. And on the PS3 version video you can see some of the hud and menus changes that will be present in the retail version