• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 RKO legend RKO

RKO legend RKO

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 845 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:53 PM

Durability - Winning the Match, receiving Damage, Being Busted open , Finisher Kick outs, Strong Grapples.
Tips: Take a lot of damage, i've found the WWE and WHC paths the best to get this stat, Using Single with Manager matches is most likely your best bet, to increase your chances of winning, and to note I always seem to get a fair amount if i don't take damage and Do alot of strong Grapples.

Strength - the only Thing i've found that Definately adds to this is strikes, I also think hitting finisher and Sigs add to this.
Tips: Defend the IC/US title in a cage match, and do nothing but strike attacks for the first minute of the match, I USED nothing but strikes and one ONE finisher, and it half filled my 86 strength bar everything else stayed still, I've heard some people claim UCM, in my experience UCMs add to Stamina and Tech.

Speed - Running Moves, Top Rope, Dives, Quick Grapples
Tips: Ladder and TLC matches, be a cruiserweight for a while, run jump fly, I always do an off the ladder in the ring, to table outside dive, and i throw in the mindless destruction of the announce tables via the special elbow, Using your quick Grapples will also Boost this.

Submission - Submissions, working limbs, Ground Grapples
Tips: Just apply SS I found 10-15 = 1 and a half bars, and Try and get them completly red from submissions and other Ground moves.

Technical - Reversals, and Technical/Ground Moves, UCM,
Tips: Best place for this is the WWE and WHC paths, just try and get as many reverses as possible, even if you lose you'll still get a fare amount of Stat, Strong Grapples

Stamina - Kick outs, Bleeding, winning with little damage Running, Stamina System, UCM
Tips: Turn Stamina on, and have Longer matches let it run out, I've found holding on SS submissions for longer also boosts it, as well as Drawing out UCMs.

Charisma - taunting, aeiral moves, Fan Favourite Taunt
Tips: I'd suggest using Aeiral moves, Ladder Dives, outside Dives, taunt a lot, Cruiserweight grapples might also help, and the hotspots around ringside which allow you to interact with the fans.

Hardcore - Weapon Strikes, Weapon Grapples and Out of ring moves ...
Tips: this is simple, choose a match, I prefer ECW extreme rulez, then destroy the other guy with weapons - if you have object grapples use that, just vary alot and this should soar, I'm 90% certain Finishers and UCM done outside of the ring, Set tables and Barb Wired bats on fire, Pretty much be hardcore...
________________________________________________________________________________

Abilities

Submission: Ability to Make the Opponent tap to non-finisher Submission
Unlock:Attempt 7 Struggle Submissions in one match and then win

K.O: Ability to Knock Out Opponents is Enhanced
Unlock: Earn 5 star ratings in every Match (no title match) on a single title path.

Lock Pick: Ability to automatically Escape from Struggle Submission Holds
Unlock: Face Y2J in a singles match and escape the Walls of Jericho

Resiliency: Makes Superstar Harder to be pinned or made to Submit.
Unlock: Kick out of a pin at 2 while having 2 parts of red body damage.

Durability: Ability to Heal by Holding Triangle, when any part of you is Red.
Unlock: Beat a superstar rated 20points higher overall while both having orange damage

Evasive Dodge: Hold L2/R2 & Left Stick
Unlock: Win a Special Match against 2 opponents ( between Rey and/or Jeff Hardy And/or Jimmy Wang Yang)

Hammer Throw: Strong Irish Whip, Hold Circle and Aim Left Stick
Unlock: Earn an ability within your first 10 career matches, then get the Sit in the Corner award.

Kip-up: Press Triangle when Prompted on ground to fill your momentum.
Unlock: Win 6 championships

Outside Dives: Allows user to do Outside Dives
Unlock: Complete 25 Dives in career.

Possum Pin: Press Triangle When prompted on the mat to perform a surprise wrap up Pin.
Unlock: Beat 3 people who have the possum pin.

Spring board: Allows user to do Springboard Dives
Unlock: win Cruiserweight Title

Ladder Match:
Unlock: Get a 5 star rated ladder match against one of the Hardy's

Object: Can do Grapples with Weapons
Unlock: Complete 50 object attacks in career

Fan Favourite: can use Special taunt, that if succesful drains opponents momentum.
Unlock: Successfully taunt 10 times in a match (must not have steal taunt)

Dirty Pin: will put feet on ropes if Pinning near them
Unlock: 5 star rating against 3 different people who have the ability

Table Match:
Unlock: break 40 tables in career (announce tables count)

Referee Shield: Use the referee as a Shield
Unlock: Get 5 DQ losses, then win a vhampionship match against a clean superstar

Move Theft: can Steal Opponents Finisher
Unlock: Beat 20 different superstars

Steal Taunt: can Steal Opponents Finisher
Unlock: Foil opponents attempt to steal your taunt (can't have fan fave ability)

Bloodshed: press triangle when holding a chair, to heal, also bleeding gets you full momentum
Unlock: make opponents bleed 10times and bleed yourself 10 times (rewarded on win with blood)

Cage Match:
Unlock: win cage match in under a minute by escaping

All credit goes to spikefreaky from gamefaqs

Original link: http://www.gamefaqs....;topic=46546197

#2 DoubleAgent74

DoubleAgent74

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:32 PM

Nice find. I especially like the detailed info on how to build attributes. Maybe this should be stickied...

#3 Dday141

Dday141

CDX's Milky Ol' Bear

• Code-X Member
  • 10,582 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:42 PM

Quick question....how many abilities can a CAW have?

#4 MABITA

MABITA

You Think You Know Me

• Code-X Member
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

View PostDday141, on Nov 15 2008, 12:42 AM, said:

View PostRKO legend RKO, on Nov 14 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

Possum Pin: Press Triangle When prompted on the mat to perform a surprise wrap up Pin.

when i press Triangle it doesnot work but yesterday i press L2 and R2 and it works,are you sure it is Triangle?

Edited by MABITA, 14 November 2008 - 03:49 PM.

#5 RIOT!

RIOT!

!!!

• Code-X Member
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:46 PM

Stickied...

#6 RKO legend RKO

RKO legend RKO

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 845 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:37 PM

View PostMABITA, on Nov 12 2008, 08:45 PM, said:

View PostDday141, on Nov 15 2008, 12:42 AM, said:

View PostRKO legend RKO, on Nov 14 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

when i press Triangle it doesnot work but yesterday i press L2 and R2 and it works,are you sure it is Triangle?
Srry I didnt write the guide but it is L2 most of the time because they have to try and pin you.

#7 K.I.D

K.I.D

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

For some reason on the kip up it doesnt work as well when i play as shawn micheals or undertaker.It only worked once for my caw and i played so many matches since then.

#8 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:55 AM

I find that you need taken down and the opponent needs to back off / climb turnbuckle for it to work

#9 kickboxer346

kickboxer346

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 06:17 PM

kip up is triangle... possum pin will be reversal .

#10 CJEF

CJEF

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:06 PM

I have beaten 3 people in one championship who have the Possum Pin in Career Mode and also got a 5 star ranking and still no Possum Pin. Is there something else I am missing. Each one of the opponents also attempted it on me with no success.

#11 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

Are your other 6 abilities filled?

#12 CJEF

CJEF

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:44 PM

View PostTornado, on Dec 1 2008, 04:11 PM, said:

Are your other 6 abilities filled?

No. I have an X-Pac CAW and he has these 5 abilities so far:

1. Outside Dives
2. Dirty Pin
3. Steal Move (Didn't Want But It Is Funny He Has It) / Really wanted Steal Taunt
4. Springboard Attacks
5. Kip-Up
6. [EMPTY]

I only need one more ability and I want the Possum Pin to be it. I know I can have both because I've seen Superstars with both the Possum Pin, and the Dirty Pin. I have beaten at least six people who have the possum pin and each one of them attempted to do the possum pin on me during the match too, but they failed at that. Any other suggestions or hints that may help? Just for the heck of it, tell me exactly what to do to get the Possum Pin too. I know you have to beat three superstars who have it, but is there more tricks to it than that?

#13 TripleH-fan

TripleH-fan

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:03 PM

What superstars did you beat,CJEF? I mean what are their names?Maybe I can help.

#14 Niko

Niko

Code-X Rookie

• Code-X Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

Can someone better explain how to get evasive dodge? What kind of special match? There isn't an option to do triple threat in career mode.. help, please?

#15 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

Evasive Dodge: Hold L2/R2 & Left Stick
Unlock: Win a Special Match against 2 opponents ( between Rey and/or Jeff Hardy And/or Jimmy Wang Yang)

If i am reading this right you can just win a special match against 2 other opponents and it doesn't have to be in 1 match as far as i can tell, since it says "and/or"

I suggest try facing 1 of the 3 guys mentioned in a special match and then repeat the process with a second guy and see if it gets you the Ability.

#16 DoubleAgent74

DoubleAgent74

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

View Postundertaker ba, on Mar 17 2009, 02:59 PM, said:

I suggest try facing 1 of the 3 guys mentioned in a special match and then repeat the process with a second guy and see if it gets you the Ability.

That's what you have to do. "Special match" in this case means a #1 contender match, so you need to stack the deck in your favor by editing the rosters before you start a new career. What works best for me is to put Jeff Hardy and John Cena on ECW, stick Rey Rey and Jimmy on Smackdown, and make sure each of those brands only has the minimum number of wrestlers. (Raw can be left alone unless you're trying to avoid getting Dirty or Possum Pin.) The CPU will make Cena the ECW champ, which leaves Jeff as a possible #1 contender. One of the other two guys (if not both) will show up on another Smackdown title path. Even if Rey Rey ends up with a title, Jimmy more than likely won't. VOILA--two #1 contender matches against two of the guys you need to beat. Win them both and Evasive Dodge is yours.

BTW, the #1 contender match doesn't have to be a gimmick match, which means divas and female CAWs can get this ability, too.

I don't know if I posted this trick here in the past, but I thought it might help.

EDIT: You may want to put a top-tier guy like HHH or Taker on Smackdown to act as title bait for the CPU and free up Rey Rey as a contender.

Edited by DoubleAgent74, 20 March 2009 - 09:37 AM.

#17 undertaker ba

undertaker ba

Code-X Mid-Carder

• Code-X Legend
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:10 PM

Cool thanks for clearing it up even more. Also thanks for the tips on how the rosters should be played out to get the Ability.

I guess your tip can be usefull for avoiding certain abilties too as you stated about RAW.

#18 DoubleAgent74

DoubleAgent74

Code-X Rising Star

• Code-X Member
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:11 AM

Glad I could help. I've actually been kicking around the idea of writing a Career Mode FAQ and submitting it to GameFAQs, but I need to know more about some of the abilities, especially what Cage Match exactly does and some tricks on how to get it. Mainly, I've been putting it off because it would mean playing Career Mode yet again.