• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Jericho

Jericho

The best in the world...

• Code-X Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:58 AM

If you could take over the WWE for a day, what would you do?

I think the first thing I would do is fire Vickie Guerrero. I know she is a widow, and her husband made a huge impact in the WWE, but she is getting boring and weighing SmackDown down (No pun intended).

I would also get rid of Jesse, Ryan Braddock, Manu, Paul Burchill, Ricky Ortiz and Mike Knox.

I would get rid of ECW because I think it is just a pointless show and a waste of time.

Remove the Divas championship and bring back the Cruiserweight championship.

Create some more intense and exciting story lines.

Even out the roster (Smackdown has about 35% of the fan favourites, I would even that up a little).

#2 Stoneheart

Stoneheart

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

One day isn't enough, how about one year.

#3 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts
  • Code-X History: Former Moderator
  • Twitter:Follow Me
  • Facebook:Like Me

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:01 PM

Firings: Ricky Ortiz, Goldust, Sim Snuka

Hirings: Chris Hero, Cluadio Castagnoli, Naomichi Marufugi, Shuji Kondo

I'd also bring back the Cruserweight title and put it on ECW.

Put Haas, Manu, Noble, Yang and Goldman on ECW.

Would bring FCW talent Joe Henning to main roster and bring The New Hart Foundation to Smackdown.

Not sure whatelse really

#4 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

Hargy Noob Count: 24

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

Sell half to Zandig, sell a portion to Quack, some to Silkin, and some to whoever has the most control over PWG.

Then after doing that, buy TNA and merge the two together.

.... And fire Jeff Hardy

#5 TheKGBIsAfterYou

TheKGBIsAfterYou

Little Shit Stoppin'

• Code-X Legend
  • 671 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

Care to share some of these enticing story lines?

Sell half to Zandig, sell a portion to Quack, some to Silkin, and some to whoever has the most control over PWG.

That company would fail hard. Zandig's a piece of shit with no charisma.

Then after doing that, buy TNA and merge the two together.

Just what we need, less alternatives to WWE. I like WWE a lot, but having something else to watch (such as TNA) is nice.

#6 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

That company would fail hard. Zandig's a piece of shit with no charisma.

I didn't know you needed charisma to own and fund a company.

Even if they did my idea, there would still be SEVERAL indy feds, and all of Japan and Mexico. Plus, there would be more shows a week if that ever happened (Which it sadly wouldn't)

#7 Jericho

Jericho

The best in the world...

• Code-X Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

View PostTheKGBIsAfterYou, on Jan 23 2009, 07:35 AM, said:

Sure.

1) This storyline had been done in 2005, but it was a very popular storyline and I would love to see it again. Smackdown Vs RAW. It would start around SummerSlam and go through to Survivor Series. RAW superstars invading Smackdown and Smackdown superstars invading RAW.

2) I would have a gimmick week. I have been thinking of this for years, and I think it would just be cool to relive the past. For one week, on RAW and Smackdown. The Superstars play as a previous gimmick/ Style that they used to perform under. They would come out to there old themes, old pyros.... etc. I think It would be fun. (Its a bit of a crazy Idea though, and I haven't put enough thought into this yet).

3) Anger issue. Form a strong face stable that is well liked, and let it deteriorate by one of the superstars with an anger problem (Much like the Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio storyline in 2005).

4) International Alliance. I think it would be cool for a group of heel superstars, from all different countries (Australia, Canada, Japan, England, France, Italy, Mexico...etc) To form a stable, and dominate Smackdown. I think if it was planned well, it would work very well.

I am really really tired right now, I haven't really thought about these to hard... I am going to bed as It is 2:41PM and I havent slept in 33 hours.

#8 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

PHOENIX'S BITTER BITTER RIVAL!

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:09 AM

In order to make the Sd vs Raw angle work they'd have to stop bringing specific branded stars onto other shows and it would take a while for them to establish the brands as seperate shows again...if anything I dont think it should be a SD vs Raw or ECW all they brands should have their specific stars and DO NOT trade off weekly...keep miz n morrison on Raw(they dont belong in ecw anymore) keep matt on ECW, etc etc. Whats the point of having seperate brand titles if anyone from any brand can challenge for them

#9 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

View PostPLA ICON, on Jan 23 2009, 06:09 AM, said:

miz n morrison on Raw(they dont belong in ecw anymore)
ECW needs M'n'M. They keep that show alive.

#10 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

View PostMr. CHIKARA, on Jan 23 2009, 12:35 PM, said:

View PostPLA ICON, on Jan 23 2009, 06:09 AM, said:

miz n morrison on Raw(they dont belong in ecw anymore)
ECW needs M'n'M. They keep that show alive.

they do? they job almost all the time on that show...ECW is dead, period....Without Kofi or Punk who does ECW have to keep it interesting? MnM are constantly in the same matches week after week on that show. I like them, dont get me wrong, but they need better competition. Finlay and Mark Henry are not legit anymore especially with both constantly losing to MH.

ECW either needs to get rid of the old guys and make it young guys only or just stop taping all together. Swagger has come to bore me even though I had high hopes for him, Matt is boring me now, Henry I've never liked him and Finlay is a joke while Tommy Dreamer is retiring this year and stuck in a dumb retirement angle on the C show.

Nothing about ECW entertains me anymore. MnM don't even entertain me because of the lack of legit competition.

#11 takerMMM

takerMMM

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

View PostY2Jericho, on Jan 22 2009, 11:40 PM, said:

Sure.

1) This storyline had been done in 2005, but it was a very popular storyline and I would love to see it again. Smackdown Vs RAW. It would start around SummerSlam and go through to Survivor Series. RAW superstars invading Smackdown and Smackdown superstars invading RAW.

2) I would have a gimmick week. I have been thinking of this for years, and I think it would just be cool to relive the past. For one week, on RAW and Smackdown. The Superstars play as a previous gimmick/ Style that they used to perform under. They would come out to there old themes, old pyros.... etc. I think It would be fun. (Its a bit of a crazy Idea though, and I haven't put enough thought into this yet).

3) Anger issue. Form a strong face stable that is well liked, and let it deteriorate by one of the superstars with an anger problem (Much like the Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio storyline in 2005).

4) International Alliance. I think it would be cool for a group of heel superstars, from all different countries (Australia, Canada, Japan, England, France, Italy, Mexico...etc) To form a stable, and dominate Smackdown. I think if it was planned well, it would work very well.

I am really really tired right now, I haven't really thought about these to hard... I am going to bed as It is 2:41PM and I havent slept in 33 hours.
:rolleyes: you have give ideas that had already been done and most of the ppl get angry when WWE or TNA recycle old ideas However I do agree that it will be nice to see SD vs RAw again however A LOT would have to change to do it
1. First and most important each brand will need to have exclusive PPVs again and thats not likely
2. They will need to either get rip off ECW or make it a secondary program for RAW and make that new 1 hour show (WWE Superstars) a secondary show for SD something like HEAT and Velocity back in the day
3. They will need to put a face GM on one show and a Heel GM on the other
So as you can see that storyline is not likely
And don't get me started with the gimmick week come on Do you really think that Taker will come out as ABA or JBL as Bradshaw?

Edited by takerMMM, 23 January 2009 - 06:22 PM.

#12 Jericho

Jericho

The best in the world...

• Code-X Member
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

View PosttakerMMM, on Jan 24 2009, 11:21 AM, said:

View PostY2Jericho, on Jan 22 2009, 11:40 PM, said:

Sure.

:rolleyes: you have give ideas that had already been done and most of the ppl get angry when WWE or TNA recycle old ideas However I do agree that it will be nice to see SD vs RAw again however A LOT would have to change to do it
1. First and most important each brand will need to have exclusive PPVs again and thats not likely
2. They will need to either get rip off ECW or make it a secondary program for RAW and make that new 1 hour show (WWE Superstars) a secondary show for SD something like HEAT and Velocity back in the day
3. They will need to put a face GM on one show and a Heel GM on the other
So as you can see that storyline is not likely
And don't get me started with the gimmick week come on Do you really think that Taker will come out as ABA or JBL as Bradshaw?

It was idea smart ass.

Lets here your storylines.. I bet in some way they have all been done before.

#13 twinkle07

twinkle07

Code-X.ws' Doppelgänger

• Code-X Member
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:32 AM

OFF TOPIC:

My gods Jericho are you really that big of a tool? Wait a minute, we all know you are.

You post a couple of lame ass ideas and then get all up tight when someone calls them lame ass.

So it's ok for you to take shots at people but as soon as they bite back you get all defensive.

You're pathetic.

BACK ON TOPIC:

I would do nothing. You couldn't do jack in a day. It would take Vince years, or a year at least, to save WWE. What are we supposed to do in a day?

#14 takerMMM

takerMMM

Code-X Jobber

• Code-X Member
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

View PostY2Jericho, on Jan 24 2009, 01:37 AM, said:

It was idea smart ass.

Lets here your storylines.. I bet in some way they have all been done before.
Ok relax man I didn't say that your ideas were bad (except the gimmick week) in fact those are good storylines I just said that their aren't exactly your ideas cause WWE already did them so you are just copy them and not creating them as you said before
And as far as my storylines did you read any post of mine that says I will give any storylines??? no........... I think so

#15 Stoneheart

Stoneheart

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:14 PM

Bring back Teddy Long as SD General Manager(possibly heel).
Make Shawn Michaels switch to Smackdown.
Scrap the Diva's belt, it's hideously ugly.
Eliminate divas who can't wrestle on both shows.
Send Triple H back to Raw.
Get rid of the WWE spinner belt, the original version was more appealing.
Cruiserweight division should've been left alone and all we got was this lousy Diva's title.
Get rid of Freddie Prinze,Jr., just because he's a fan and actor doesn't make him a good writer.
Stop jobbing decent wrestlers because you think they might leave you high & dry.
Bring back stables and alliances like the good old days: Hart Foundation, Four Horsemen, etc....
Reinvent or create new match types without seriously harming your talent: Hell In A Graveyard, The Last Inferno,
Cages, Caskets & Cells
Every pay per view should have 2 unique match types and options: The Rumble winner would be allowed to challenge
for the title before Wrestlemania, either the same night or following night. Each Wrestlemania main event should carry
certain stipulations: Number one cotenders can have a title shot match or rematch 4 times for that year. Anbody who
loses in a specific match or matches can't challenge for a championship for 6 months, to build on character. Last, I'd
love to see a match where all world champions had to defend their titles at once, in a 30 man battle royal. If all three
champions retain, in order to be truly a triple crown champion, you must eliminate the remaining champs. You can
do this in any way, pin, submission, knockout and over the rope.

#16 1967 Spidey

1967 Spidey

Amazing

• Code-X Member
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:19 PM

View PostStoneheart, on Jan 24 2009, 06:14 PM, said:

Reinvent or create new match types without seriously harming your talent: Hell In A Graveyard, The Last Inferno,
Cages, Caskets & Cells
Every pay per view should have 2 unique match types and options: The Rumble winner would be allowed to challenge
for the title before Wrestlemania, either the same night or following night. Each Wrestlemania main event should carry
certain stipulations: Number one cotenders can have a title shot match or rematch 4 times for that year. Anbody who
loses in a specific match or matches can't challenge for a championship for 6 months, to build on character. Last, I'd
love to see a match where all world champions had to defend their titles at once, in a 30 man battle royal. If all three
champions retain, in order to be truly a triple crown champion, you must eliminate the remaining champs. You can
do this in any way, pin, submission, knockout and over the rope.
Great just what we need, more gimmick matches <_<

#17 Stoneheart

Stoneheart

Code-X Superstar

• Code-X Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

Screw it, I'm not even gonna bother.

#18 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:11 PM

Screw it, I'm not even gonna bother.

But I will!

WWE really doesn't have that many gimmick matches that aren't used once in a blue moon. Most of them aren't that gimmicky by todays standards either, like cage, hardcore, and what not. Having some match types that they haven't used before brought in could spark things up a bit.

But I think the three champ battle royal is interesting, but it would be better if all champions from one brand do it, and not the world champion. One person holding all three titles just wouldn't work. I also think it would be better if whoever eliminates the champion gets the title.

Two new matches at each PPV would be bad because you would run out of good matches quicker, and the matches would be very forced.

#19 The Sickness

The Sickness

The CZW Guy

• Code-X Member
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

Fire:Jeff Hardy, Mark Henry, Batista, Kahli
Hire:Jimmy Jacobs, Carter Grey, Tyler Black, Bryan Danielson, Drake Younger, RelliK, Sandman
Other Stuff:Bring Back Cruserweight And Hardcore Title, Put ECW Back As Hardcore, Merge RAW And Smackdown As One...Remove All Show Titles(One Shows Women Title, Tag Title, World Title)

#20 Tommy

Tommy

Dawning of Tornado

• Code-X Member
  • 7,007 posts
  • Code-X History: Former G-Mod

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

Since its only one day...

I think I'd make more stables like S'heart said, and try and bring some decent tag tema matches back to the WWE.
Having said that I'd also try to limit the tag team matches that main eventers get into. It seems that they only go one on one in PPV matches now which sucks....

I think get rid of gimmick matches for a good period of time would help lose those "GETZ THE WEAPONZ" people, espically the ones that always ask for the DEATH SPIKE VOLCANO Match.

#21 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

so essentially this "title battle royal" would be like the Hardcore battle royal or say the scramble match.
So a person holding 3 titles wouldnt work but RVD holding 2 was ok??

#22 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

A person holding like a tag, IC, and Heavyweight title could work. But holding all three world titles at once just seems doomed to fail. It would likely just be for a short period of time, which would defeat the purpose of doing it. It would leave only one person being challeneged week after week if it wasn't short term either.

#23 red_medicine

red_medicine

Ranger.

• Code-X Member
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

View PostY2Jericho, on Jan 22 2009, 06:58 AM, said:

If you could take over the WWE for a day, what would you do?

I would also get rid of Jesse, Ryan Braddock, Manu, Paul Burchill, Ricky Ortiz and Mike Knox.

WOAH slow down there. Burchill = good talent. Why in gods name would u fire him?!

well i would SCRAP ECW and bring back the Cruiserweight title and european title(just cause i love it :P)

Bring back Teddy Long as SD General Manager(possibly heel).
Scrap the Diva's belt, it's hideously ugly.
Eliminate divas who can't wrestle on both shows.
Send Triple H back to Raw.
Get rid of the WWE spinner belt, the original version was more appealing.

great ideas right there. ESPECIALLY getting rid of the spinner belt it just looks stupid

#24 PLA ICON

PLA ICON

• Code-X Member
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

View Postphoenixsplash630, on Jan 24 2009, 01:35 PM, said:

A person holding like a tag, IC, and Heavyweight title could work. But holding all three world titles at once just seems doomed to fail. It would likely just be for a short period of time, which would defeat the purpose of doing it. It would leave only one person being challeneged week after week if it wasn't short term either.

but RVD did it for a few weeks and it seemed to be just fine until he got into trouble...

if anything it would just be something to put someone over as a triple h like star that dominates.

#25 phoenixsplash630

phoenixsplash630

• Code-X Member
  • 17,084 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

That was only two though (and one had not been won from anybody), so only one person was going after him for it. To be holding a title and win the other two would just create a big cluster of chaos. The normal challengers on a brand would be doing nothing, considering only the ex champion would go after the title.

I really just can't see it working